Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM

341 posts, read 1,483,266 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the Northeast of El Paso. Was a GREAT childhood! Attended Dowel for a year. Then Terrace Hills and graduated from Andress. Our favorite weekend hangout was to cruise Dyer or go up on Anthill overlooking the city.

Any ex-Andress people out here? Anyone? Anyone?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
What year did you graduate from Andress? I am an old Andress Eagle. 1987 was my year. Not many people know what Anthill is anymore. I also went to Dowell, and terrace hills. I am sure you know me, or my sister. PM me for more info.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
Our favorite weekend hangout was to cruise Dyer or go up on Anthill overlooking the city.

Any ex-Andress people out here? Anyone? Anyone?

Used to love to hang out at Northgate with all my friends and taunt the Irvin Rockets groupies who hung out there also.....

Of course we wont mention the ''Flame'' topless korean bar that we snuck into (from the cops) and played pool.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Used to love to hang out at Northgate with all my friends and taunt the Irvin Rockets groupies who hung out there also.....

Of course we wont mention the ''Flame'' topless korean bar that we snuck into (from the cops) and played pool.
the Flame was not a topless Korean Bar.. it was a strip club. But then I guess I am just a tad behind you.. as we used to hit SASO's and NUMBERS, and SCORPIOS, and Pockets Billiards.. =)

Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
the Flame was not a topless Korean Bar.. it was a strip club. But then I guess I am just a tad behind you.. as we used to hit SASO's and NUMBERS, and SCORPIOS, and Pockets Billiards.. =)
Yeah they were cool in letting us go in there of course that was the wild 70's....I'll never forget their (dancers) line to the GI'S in there ''I luv you joe no BullS$#t buy me coke'' as the dancers could only drink coke. It was hilarious.....

Unfortunatly i didn't get to experience Sasos and Scorpios (until 21) as i joined the navy out of high school and was not until 1985 when i got out that i hung out that those Rock Joints.....

Remember that Stone/Rock building going out to Newman ''The Connection'' as i think it was a country/western bar. Although Rock music is my favorate we used to go to the ''Dallas'' Club (Lee Trevino Dr.?) even though it was country/western they had the most gorgeous ladies you could imagine. I thought it would be like ''Urban Cowboy'' (sissy) instead the ladies looked like Madonna 80's fashion models....

Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM

HAHA, I was a Dallas regular.. never paid cover, as I knew everyone there. I had a black and silver Ford Ranger Pickup.. with the dancers in the heart on my back window made from the bumper stickers they had. I always wore a Black Stetson with a silver band, and a White T-shirt that had a big dog on the back and it said "Boner Active wear.. Bury the bone! on it".. I got so much action with that shirt.. lol. Black Boots and jeans. I miss Dallas.. or as it was known by locals.. The Meat Market. I loved the way the dance floor was a oval, with the bar in the middle.

I also recall the connection... But when I went there it was called something else.. I forget now the bars name.. lol. Ahhh Dallas where I learned love, heart ache and that I prefer MGD to Bud or the silver bullet. heh heh

As fer strip clubs.. we always hit the Montana Hideaway, back in the day.. they never carded.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,569,741 times
LOL

I remember Montana Hideaway and Dallas. Good times at both

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I loved the way the dance floor was a oval, with the bar in the middle.
Yeah it reminded me of a huge ''Roller Derby Rink'' with bars in the middle and all around the peripheral parts of the club. I kept thinking where's the LA T-Birds Roller Derby team........lol.....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,068 times
I went to Irvin :P but it's good to hear about the old times for sure, anthill, dyer and Dallas! I was a regular too!!! I still own a jean jacket with that Dallas logo of the silhouette of a couple dancing. Still went when it became Grahms central station and I think they change the name to the texas rose? SASO's and NUMBERS, and SCORPIOS, and Pockets Billiards.. WOW memories!!! Anyone remember Foxys? that was a small little club but lots of fun. Great Gapsys on viscount i think.. this is SOO bringing out memories!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:24 PM

523 posts, read 1,362,088 times
Why does everybody mention the Northeast..I grew up in Central EP right behind Chico's Tacos on Montana...so I went where you guessed it ...Ross and Burges!..I can not tell you that much about Northeast but I sure can tell you about Central..and I also liked Dallas..what was the name of the rock and roll club by Airway and Viscount..at that time I was in the Marines and hardly went back to EP in those years..but when I asked about that club later...I was told it burned down!..if anyone remembers the name...drop me a line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso