Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:12 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,187,897 times

Advertisements

Time to fire price, sorry but its time!!!!!!! Im tired of all the excuses, how many times had he said he underestimated the other team, your utep, u dont underestimate anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing utep no longer books divison 2 schools to play, cuz they would have handed us our azzzzzzz, mike price what have you done for us lately!!!!!!!! Nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM

447 posts, read 1,573,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Time to fire price, sorry but its time!!!!!!! Im tired of all the excuses, how many times had he said he underestimated the other team, your utep, u dont underestimate anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing utep no longer books divison 2 schools to play, cuz they would have handed us our azzzzzzz, mike price what have you done for us lately!!!!!!!! Nothing!
I agree. It is time.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:43 PM

730 posts, read 1,886,224 times
Well. UTEP certainly made Rice's day. UTEP again manages to pull defeat from victory. Two 2 pointers that fail...all the difference in the world. Failed 2 pointer after the first score. Buckram made 144 yards; something positive.

Think many will show up next week for the final home game?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:26 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,107,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
Considering their performance the last three weeks, fan's morale, and a 1:00 pm start time, I say about 12K actual attendance. I would expect an announced crowd of about 23K.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:52 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,450,259 times
Quote:
Well. UTEP certainly made Rice's day. UTEP again manages to pull defeat from victory. Two 2 pointers that fail...all the difference in the world. Failed 2 pointer after the first score. Buckram made 144 yards; something positive.

TWO 2-pt tries?

I heard the one at 29-17 that Failed (Rice radiocast here on the way home) and only thought I was irked over that one...

I was thinking that Rice stunk enough (only 227 total yards, but 6 TOs probably shortened the field a ton) that the Miners would "D" up enough not to need to be up 31-17 and 30 points was enough, but then again...

Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,422,484 times
Well folks the Miners have managed to loose the game (30 -29) in the last quarter again. 3 fumbles! thats right 3. I went to the game to support them and do some tailgaiting with other miner fans from the Houston area on a cold and rainy afternoon. I think this is the last time for me, I just don't see the point anymore.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM

At minimum, time for defensive change (UH-gain).....the recurring theme over the four years I have followed UTEP FB is defense does not bring it late in the game. Granted the last weekend was about TO's, but how many previous games in recent and past years has UTEP gone into the last quarter with a multi score lead and the defense gives it up. If your O is putting up 600 + yards and 30 + points going into the 4th, shouldn't the D man up and stop everything and anything? Even the opposing teams are starting inexperienced QB's and making UTEP D look outmanned in the end.

If June Jones can go from 1-11 to bowl eligible in his short tenure @ SMU, why can't we go bowling with the experience and continuity we have in our team and coaching?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Oh...this goes back to Price's comment when asked about the SI prediction of UTEP winning CUSA and going to the Liberty Bowl: "Don't believe what you read in there". I guess he was right.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,422,484 times
Quote:
At minimum, time for defensive change (UH-gain).....the recurring theme over the four years I have followed UTEP FB is defense does not bring it late in the game. Granted the last weekend was about TO's, but how many previous games in recent and past years has UTEP gone into the last quarter with a multi score lead and the defense gives it up. If your O is putting up 600 + yards and 30 + points going into the 4th, shouldn't the D man up and stop everything and anything? Even the opposing teams are starting inexperienced QB's and making UTEP D look outmanned in the end.

If June Jones can go from 1-11 to bowl eligible in his short tenure @ SMU, why can't we go bowling with the experience and continuity we have in our team and coaching?

And I will add turnovers. We get killed by turnovers and not taking care of the football. It was de ja vu since 2 years ago they also fumbled the ball on the kick return and then Rice scored.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,250 times
Morons, Price is the best thing to happen to Miner Football in AGES!!! I don't like the Miners, but it's not Prices fault. What real good football player is gonna want to come play here when you can go to UT or Texas Tech. Wake up and realize that he has limited player ability that he has to squeeze everything he can out of them. When Price leaves you're all gonna be crying even more, morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso