Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times

Advertisements

She really wants to make a name for herself doesn't she? She is representing at least one of the "guilty". I'd say the mother is 100% as responsible for this tragedy, even if she was in Germany.

Man accused accused of beating the 2-year-old to death goes on trial today - El Paso Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 PM

158 posts, read 471,801 times
Hookthebrotherup, I'm not sure if you are upset about the Lawyer in this case or are more upset with the Mother.

I will say this, given that I have never served in the military but I do have close to 20 years experience as a wife...I can tell you that there is more than meets the eye with the military couple.

1. Why wasn't this couple enrolled in the Married Army Couples program? If she was and she got orders to go to Germany she could have asked her chain of command to intervene on her behalf because of the children.

2. If she was, they may have been having marital problems and she voluntarily took herself out of that program.

3. Was there a Family Care Plan filed with his chain of command and her chain of command?

4. Did she diviate from that Family Care Plan? If she did, her chain of command can hold her feet to the fire while they chapter her out of the Army. They could also bring charges against her if there is proof she violated that FCP, and the result is the death of this baby and abuse of her older sibling.

Too many unanswered questions. The Army does not take the loss of a child's life lightly, and I would be surprised if she isn't under investigation.

God bless their Father and God bless those poor babies.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times
hook if attorneys didn't take unpopular cases then why have a constitution? Never blame an attorney for defending someone -even if you don't like them. Read "to kill a mockingbird" sometime instead of just online posts

As for Ms Caballero she may have been classless in making her hatred for her dad a pubic issue.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default I understand...

I realize we need attorneys, not all are bad. I'm questioning her tactics, like turning on the crocodile tears as she did in the last high profile case she had.

It is one thing to be sincerely passionate about defending someone, but to turn on and off the tears to influence the jury rather than using facts to do so, well, I just don't like it, that's just me.

Just as former Senator, and Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards told a jury a dead baby was talking to him, in order to win a case. Same tactic in my book. Very tacky.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:58 AM

158 posts, read 471,801 times
I'll have to look her up Hook, I am unfamiliar with this lawyer because I am new to EP.

I wouldn't expect that an attn in a high profile case would openly show emotions and if they did I would be suspect as you have detailed you are in your above post.

Reminds me of the time I was watching Hillary Clinton (she's the only VIP that comes to mind at this particular moment, bad example but that's all I've got at this time) give an interview and she shed tears. I can't remember what it was she cried about but I remember thinking to myself how uncharacteristic of her, so uncharacteristic that it was unbelievable at the time.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:11 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times
I didn't vote for Hilary Clinton but I do know people who know her and my son met her several times and she really is an emotional and passionate person. She comes off poorly on TV in my opinion. I always assumed that every motion she made was contrived. If she farted it was because some pollster told her it will appeal to a certain consitutency. I guess I was wrong. Some things one can see on TV such as Bush was a total moron and could barely read a complete sentence, but other things are more subtle.

Hook did you actually attend the trial and witness this case? There are many emotional events at a serious trial -sometimes just something in the audience - sometimes a piece of evidence.

Every felony defendant deserves an attorney - the state has all the advantages- guilty people will be found guilty the vast majority of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso