Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,215,716 times

Advertisements

ENLIGHTEN ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. WE GOT THE LAND, ALOT OF LAND
2. if western playland and wet and wild have survived charging 20 per person with mediocre, old rides, then a six flags would to
3. plenty of history to make a good "themed" amusement park
4. we could get people traveling from mexico,albuquerque,las cruces,alamagordo,midland odessa, to come to el paso
5. we got the weather for it, we could basically stay open all year
6.with all the troops and their familys coming in, their going to need much more entertainent options!
i know we have discussed this in the pass, but out of all things, this could make it! Im tired of having to travel all the way to s.a to have some roller coaster fan, i rather keep my money in el paso!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:15 PM

729 posts, read 2,066,634 times
Six Flags approached El Paso City Council once upon a time. And of course as they do with most new and exciting things they put too many restrictions and so forth. This is an urban legend so I would like to be corrected if I heard incorrectly.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 PM

19 posts, read 94,896 times
Face value of Six Flags over Texas ticket is $50.

Per Capita Income
San Antonio $34,864
El Paso $27,944

Hotel Rooms
San Antonio 34,804
El Paso 8,472

Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM

the income is not to much of a difference but we lacking in hotel rooms bad!!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
ENLIGHTEN ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. WE GOT THE LAND, ALOT OF LAND - Yes we do.
2. if western playland and wet and wild have survived charging 20 per person with mediocre, old rides, then a six flags would to - They survive by being the only ones.
3. plenty of history to make a good "themed" amusement park - Agree.
4. we could get people traveling from mexico,albuquerque,las cruces,alamagordo,midland odessa, to come to el paso - Yes but would they come often enough?
5. we got the weather for it, we could basically stay open all year - Yup sun almost all year this is a plus (not for me I prefer the cold).
6.with all the troops and their familys coming in, their going to need much more entertainent options! - I agree WE will need more because things are already getting congested.
i know we have discussed this in the pass, but out of all things, this could make it! Im tired of having to travel all the way to s.a to have some roller coaster fan, i rather keep my money in el paso!

Quote:
the income is not to much of a difference but we lacking in hotel rooms bad!!!!
That is a big difference. Like someone said in the other thread it matters how much of it is disposable income. Don't forget people in El Paso like/are expected to have kids. That $27,000 doesn't go far with 5 kids. The hotel rooms we have now don't get full much less adding more. I wish it would but it will never happen.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:31 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
I would like to see Western Playland reinvent itself. A few new rides at least.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 PM

i wouldnt mind if both wp and wet and wild would close, in order to bring a nice amusement park to ep, and fakeguy your riight, most people do have kids in el paso, but wp and wnw are always packed, so paying for familys of 5 or 6 comes out to 100 dollars or more.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Slightly off topic but do any of you actually know a lot of families with 5 or 6 kids? I have lived in El Paso all my life and can only remember a few families with that many kids. To be honest, most of those families were Mormon. A few were Hispanic but not the majority. I am just curious.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,251 times
Off Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Slightly off topic but do any of you actually know a lot of families with 5 or 6 kids? I have lived in El Paso all my life and can only remember a few families with that many kids. To be honest, most of those families were Mormon. A few were Hispanic but not the majority. I am just curious.
I know a lot of famililes that are like that but then again I work in a field where I meet needy families so I might just see them but there are plenty. Just try not having kids in El Paso and see how people look at you.

And now back on topic:

Quote:
i wouldnt mind if both wp and wet and wild would close, in order to bring a nice amusement park to ep, and fakeguy your riight, most people do have kids in el paso, but wp and wnw are always packed, so paying for familys of 5 or 6 comes out to 100 dollars or more.
Ok true but now do that again but at the Six Flags ticket price. I wish it were $20...

Edit: I forgot the season pass and that helps a little.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM

I have 3 kiddos, and when i was with my ex, she had 2 kids, so we have 5 kids all together, we were a lil brady bunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso