Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 PM

7 posts, read 15,045 times

Advertisements

I remembered when I lived there, the drug cartels were stealing american tourists babies, and I mean infants wrapped in blankets. They were killing the infants, hollowing them out (I know it's graphic, sorry), and stuffing them with drugs. They would send women over the border carrying what looked like a sleeping child, but in fact was a dead child stuffed with drugs. The inhumanity of man never ceases to amaze me. I would never go to Juarez now, and I was really stupid to go there and do as much partying as I did while I was in the Army......lucky to be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM

491 posts, read 1,042,431 times
I live in Sunset Heights, and it is very close to Juarez (I can see the city from the corner house on the intersecting streets of where I live). Last night, I got home about 7:30ish, and I was getting my son out of his car seat, I heard multiple gunshots (kind of like a machine gun) then about five or six stragglers. That was the most intense and scary sound I have EVER heard in my entire life.
My mom watched the news, and verified that a police officer was killed around that time. Whether or not he was caught up with drugs, I dont care, but may God bless the innocent ones that are caught in the crossfire.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:34 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,422,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblisssoldier View Post
I remembered when I lived there, the drug cartels were stealing american tourists babies, and I mean infants wrapped in blankets. They were killing the infants, hollowing them out (I know it's graphic, sorry), and stuffing them with drugs. They would send women over the border carrying what looked like a sleeping child, but in fact was a dead child stuffed with drugs. The inhumanity of man never ceases to amaze me. I would never go to Juarez now, and I was really stupid to go there and do as much partying as I did while I was in the Army......lucky to be alive.
Supposed to be funny???

Old 12-18-2009, 02:02 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,483,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I live in Sunset Heights, and it is very close to Juarez (I can see the city from the corner house on the intersecting streets of where I live). Last night, I got home about 7:30ish, and I was getting my son out of his car seat, I heard multiple gunshots (kind of like a machine gun) then about five or six stragglers. That was the most intense and scary sound I have EVER heard in my entire life.
My mom watched the news, and verified that a police officer was killed around that time. Whether or not he was caught up with drugs, I dont care, but may God bless the innocent ones that are caught in the crossfire.
I'm still moving to El Paso regardless. I can't stand it here in CT.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 PM

491 posts, read 1,042,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
I'm still moving to El Paso regardless. I can't stand it here in CT.
Sunset Heights is actually a very peaceful, quiet area. I love living there. and if I had the money, I'd buy a home there. They are absolutely beautiful!!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM

7 posts, read 15,045 times
No lipbalm, it is not supposed to be funny. Why would you think that? Did I imply that it was funny?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,426,048 times
Quote:
No lipbalm, it is not supposed to be funny. Why would you think that? Did I imply that it was funny?
I never heard of that. The drug traffickers would be that evil but I never heard of them taking any American babies, but the things that were (and are) being done to Mexican women and girls years ago was certainly horrendous.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,483,783 times
Quote:
I think he was watching The Goodfellas. " Funny? Like a clown? Like I'm here to amuse you?" lol.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:07 PM

16 posts, read 48,491 times
I miss nicely dressed people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso