Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 08:33 PM

33 posts, read 164,605 times

Advertisements

Saturday morning (Nov. 21) my neighbor called me to come over because she had a terrified, aggressive and injured cat in her tree. She heard a fight between the other neighbor's Rottweiler and a cat and as she went to her yard to look what's going on she found that cat in the tree. I have cats and so she wanted my help. Well, we managed to get her out by clipping all the branches off the tree. After hissing, growling and spraying her urine at as for a while......the cat seemed to have given up on herself and wanted to die or so. We took our chance, threw a towel over her and grabbed her. I had my kennel ready and in she went.

I took her into my house and put the kennel in a quiet place. After 10 hours she came out of her shock, responded to me, started eating and drinking and used the litter box like she would live in my house. Her injuries a minor but she is all skin and bones. She must have been on the road for a while and starved. Because of the urine spraying we mistakened her for a boy first but yesterday she let me examine her and it is a girl. Feisty little plague she was in that tree

It is a race cat. I think it is called Sibirian? Maybe someone here can identify the race? Please look at the pictures. I know it must be an expensive race. Therefor I wonder if someone misses her? This type of cat is not a typical stray cat.

She needs a lot of love. She is on my lap as soon as I'm home. She sucks on my shirt and drooles all over me which tells me that she has been taken away from her mother way too soon. I added a picture that shows how she is on my shirt. She doesn't leave my side for once.

In a week or so, I'll take her to the Vet. Wanna find out if she has a chip and if she got spayed. Maybe I find the owner that way.

Her behavior tells me that she must come from a house, she is litter box trained and is not afraid of the vacuum cleaner *rofl*
Attached Thumbnails
Who misses a white cat with blue eyes?-img_5506.jpg   Who misses a white cat with blue eyes?-img_5395.jpg   Who misses a white cat with blue eyes?-img_5423.jpg  

Last edited by ElPasorina; 11-25-2009 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM

158 posts, read 470,316 times
El Pasorina, I don't know the breed of that cat. It's coloring makes me think some sort of Siamese blend? I don't know.

I remember hearing that cats with blue eyes have a very high chance of being deaf. I wonder is this cat deaf? That might be the reason not afraid of vacuum? Just a thought.

She's beautiful.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM

33 posts, read 164,605 times
Her hearing is well. She just isn't afraid that's all.

But you're right. Plain white cats are sometimes deaf but not race cats who happen to have white fur. It's the white fur, albinos with blue eyes that are deaf. But this is either a Siamese or what I think a Sibirian. Those are not deaf.

She is really beautiful and right now she is in heat like hell. Another question I got answered now. I was wondering if she was spayed. Now I know. I'm gonna have her fixed soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso