Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,375 times

Advertisements

Hello, I just moved from Germany to El Paso 2 weeks ago because my husband got Orders to Fort Bliss. I really like it here so far, but im bored. I dont have a job yet and I dont know anybody over here. Would be nice to meet some People on here I can talk to while im waiting for the hubby to get home from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:23 PM

27 posts, read 59,809 times
Hello, You might get some really weird responces on this site. Good Luck

Old 03-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times
Hang out anyway near UTEP on Saturday. Between the Monster Truck Show (52K people) and the Miner game (12K people), it's is going to be hopping!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:34 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Watch out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Hang out anyway near UTEP on Saturday. Between the Monster Truck Show (52K people) and the Miner game (12K people), it's is going to be hopping!
If a Cadillac drives up, and the driver gets out that has a green striped suit, big glasses, a grill on his teeth, big rings on each finger, his name in big gold letters on a thick chain aound his neck, and a toothpick in his mouth, don't talk to him.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 AM

158 posts, read 471,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by his_wifey View Post
Hello, I just moved from Germany to El Paso 2 weeks ago because my husband got Orders to Fort Bliss. I really like it here so far, but im bored. I dont have a job yet and I dont know anybody over here. Would be nice to meet some People on here I can talk to while im waiting for the hubby to get home from work
Hi his_wifey. There is a large German community center here on Fort Bliss. We have German soldiers that are stationed here (they train here and many bring their families with them).

I found this listing for the center:
5095 Robert E. Lee Rd., El Paso, TX, 79916
568-3884

You don't say if you yourself are German or if you just lived there as well as coming here. Either way you will enjoy that center.

Also try to get over to the ACS building on Fort Bliss and sign up for their Newcomers Class (it's very good!) :

PEP (People Encouraging People) Fort Bliss Newcomer's Class. Information and tours of Fort Bliss, El Paso, and Mesilla, NM. Call 915-568-1132

There are so many new Wives coming that you shouldn't have a hard time meeting other newcomers just like yourself. Good luck to you!

We had orders to return to Germany in June but they were changed and now we are headed elsewhere. You and your family are going to love Fort Bliss/El Paso.

Last edited by armywifeandmom; 03-04-2010 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: tried to correct the font from C&P it was wonky

Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 PM

432 posts, read 3,659,021 times
I used to attend German church service at Chapel 5 on Ft. Bliss. I was confirmed there as well. My mom is from Germany and my dad (American) was stationed at Ft Bliss and we moved there from Frankfurt. That chapel is near the German army buildings on Ft. Bliss (close to the airport), so that might be a good place to meet other Germans!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM

730 posts, read 1,895,586 times
Is there some trolling going on here? I have heard that one before (home based business.....be your own boss....no sales experience). Very familiar.....

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 AM

85 posts, read 317,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by his_wifey View Post
I would join a gym in your area. Or take a Spanish class, if you don't already speak Spanish. It will make your job searching much, much easier and will introduce you to some new people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso