Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:41 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,262 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be heading to Las Cruces and El Paso soon for a weekend get away. Has anyone had a chance to play the new Tom Fazio designed Butterfield Trail Golf Course? I have been following the construction and it seems like a great course. If you've played Paa-ko, Sandia, or Twin Warriors here in ABQ let me know how it rates against these. It should be worth it as Tom Fazio is probably the top rated golf course architect out there. Anyhow, just trying to see if I should bring my clubs or not. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
There is also a new one opening on BIGGS very soon. It was designed by a Pro Golfer.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
My wife and I will be heading to Las Cruces and El Paso soon for a weekend get away. Has anyone had a chance to play the new Tom Fazio designed Butterfield Trail Golf Course? I have been following the construction and it seems like a great course. If you've played Paa-ko, Sandia, or Twin Warriors here in ABQ let me know how it rates against these. It should be worth it as Tom Fazio is probably the top rated golf course architect out there. Anyhow, just trying to see if I should bring my clubs or not. Thanks!!
I've not played it, finmqa1, however, I have quite a few personal connections in EP and the buzz is very strong regarding the course. It sounds like it is in the top tier of courses in the entire Southwest.

I cannot attest to it either way, however, being a golfer myself I am anxious to give it a shot. If the buzz has any truth to it, I think it'll be a gem. I would suggest (but don't shoot me if I am wrong!) giving it a play. Then, let us know how you liked (or didn't like) it!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:52 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
I'm not a golfer so I haven't played on it..but I have heard it is awesome from some people that have been out there, so I would recommend it if you are out here. It was indeed designed by Tom Fazio and they say he is the best out there for designing these things so you probably can't go wrong with trying it out.

I heard that this is the only Tom Fazio golf course in between Phoenix and Dallas.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM

421 posts, read 2,156,549 times
I hear the airport's in negotiations with a few hotel chains to put up a resort hotel on the grounds sometime soon which sounds pretty cool. Should be a good thing for the city..

Old 06-15-2007, 04:31 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Put me up there as stoked for EP. If Tucson a very hot desert city can have Resorts then why not EP.....

Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
I hear the airport's in negotiations with a few hotel chains to put up a resort hotel on the grounds sometime soon which sounds pretty cool. Should be a good thing for the city..
I read that the resort hotels that are interested in locating there are "on their third or fourth visit of the site." and that the resort should be up and running by 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Put me up there as stoked for EP. If Tucson a very hot desert city can have Resorts then why not EP.....
I agree Harry, I'm very happy that we are going after these golf/hotel resorts and if other southwestern cities can do it..why can't El Paso? From what I have heard is that this only the beginning and that a lot of resort and golf course companies are now looking at El Paso to locate around here. I wouldn't be surprised if we get dozens of these resorts in the next 20 years.

El Paso Times - New airport golf club is hub for economic growth

Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
I agree Harry, I'm very happy that we are going after these golf/hotel resorts and if other southwestern cities can do it..why can't El Paso?
And El Paso has better weather than most other southwestern cities, too.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
And El Paso has better weather than most other southwestern cities, too.
I agree some of those resort towns are really really hot..we get hot..but not as hot as those towns, so we got that going for us.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
There is also a new one opening on BIGGS very soon. It was designed by a Pro Golfer.
Thats cool also Muhnay....... as maybe these will get more retiree dollars to flow into EP from the Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso