Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM

47 posts, read 198,193 times

Advertisements

HA! Thanks EP! Who cares about palm trees; I see a Target and Kohls which I don't have here in Hawaii!!! I am so excited! I can't wait to get there. Our packers come next week and we'll fly out on the 15th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,912 times
to subwife87-we are getting a real outlet mall with about 60-80 stores. It is currently being built in the northwest area of town. Quite exciting given that we will have a lot more shopping choice in the near future.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 PM

10 posts, read 79,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
It looks as though the extra wide median of the road will be converted into a freeway one day and the present road will be the freeway access road. This particular street scene wouldn't be that bad if not for the oversized, out of control signage that seems to be common all over Texas.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Malamute is right.

Folks...parts of EVERY big city in the U.S. are ugly. Are you telling me I couldn't take photos of parts of L.A., Houston, Philly, NYC, Chicago, Boston, Phoenix, Miami, etc., and not have it look terrible too? OF COURSE I COULD! Heck, folks that write off a city as "ugly" based on a few photos of some industrial / street areas I would think almost have never traveled anywhere! I could take a photo of streets in Phoenix and it'd look "ugly."

Look at these photos...then tell me how "ugly" they look! It is just silly to see photos that you could take of cities all over that show the worst and write the whole city off:

//www.city-data.com/forum/el-pa...s-el-paso.html

Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
It looks as though the extra wide median of the road will be converted into a freeway one day and the present road will be the freeway access road. This particular street scene wouldn't be that bad if not for the oversized, out of control signage that seems to be common all over Texas.
If that was a guess..that was a good guess, that road there is Transmountain Dr. and the medians that you see there are to become part of the loop 375 freeway that will connect it to the Patriot freeway.. which is right behind the location from where the picture was taken.

I think you can see where the loop 375 freeway begins in that picture, it is that big road in the distance. The majority of loop 375 has been built but sections here and there are still being planned out.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:47 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,958 times
The should enact more ordinances restircting the type and size of signs. Here in the sugar land missouri city area it's not allowed to have billboards, large store signs, etc.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 AM

8 posts, read 74,509 times
//www.city-data.com/city/El-Paso-Texas.html

Above is good website of pictures of El Paso. It is a beautiful city to liven in.

Larry

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 09-17-2007 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 06-30-2007, 08:51 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwife87 View Post
Although, that said...I have to admit...the thought of moving where snakes are common is freaking me out - do I need to be worried or am I overreacting on that topic??
Lived in El Paso for 21 years. Inside the city limits, not in a zoo, I saw exactly one snake. And it wasn't poisonous.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
Lived in El Paso for 21 years. Inside the city limits, not in a zoo, I saw exactly one snake. And it wasn't poisonous.
I've lived here a long time.

We had snakes in our yard but not rattle snakes -- just some harmless little snakes.

I only saw one rattlesnake ever -- that was hiking up in the Franklins after the big rains. Apparently the snakes were flooded out of their usual places and extra sensitive --- but it just crawled away after shaking it's rattle a bit.

I guess you have to kind of poke around in bushes or rocks to meet a rattler.

I did read one useful piece of advice once -- if you're out camping in the desert and a rattlesnake crawls into your sleeping bag, you have to realize it's just seeking warmth for the chilly night and lay perfectly still until the sun gets up -- and the snake will then crawl out.

It's only if you move at all that you'll be bit.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:04 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Yepp thats El Paso, the first image is Woodrowbean Transmountain RD, looking from the freeway down loop 375 and on the N.E. Side of Town. I lived near the bottom there near the big white Building on the left... off in the distance.

The second Picture is Near Fort Bliss looking to the N.E. Fort Bliss is on the right of that picture just out of shot. Looks like the Ramp going to the East Side is where the picture was taken from.

But Yeah El Paso pretty much looks like that all over.

As for the wide area in the first shot, yes it is for future LOOP 375 expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso