U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 07:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,678,506 times

Advertisements

[url=http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/21/jerry-brown-leading-meg-whitman-in-california-governors-race/]Jerry Brown Leading Meg Whitman in California Governor's Race[/url

Jerry Brown will be Governor again! Yea.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:35 PM

77,808 posts, read 94,139,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
[url=http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/21/jerry-brown-leading-meg-whitman-in-california-governors-race/]Jerry Brown Leading Meg Whitman in California Governor's Race[/url

Jerry Brown will be Governor again! Yea.
I don't know about that poll but I just saw the breakdown for a couple polls and candidate a few minutes ago: Angle and Reid were tied with Angle being about 2% ahead, Brown and Whitman tied, same story, Boxer and F tied with boxer 1 point ahead, plus about 4 or 5 more polls. I don't think any of these races can be considered over at this time nor do I think any of us can predict, we may eat our words. There are a few that are all by over, certainly this one is not.

Nita

Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know about that poll but I just saw the breakdown for a couple polls and candidate a few minutes ago: Angle and Reid were tied with Angle being about 2% ahead, Brown and Whitman tied, same story, Boxer and F tied with boxer 1 point ahead, plus about 4 or 5 more polls. I don't think any of these races can be considered over at this time nor do I think any of us can predict, we may eat our words. There are a few that are all by over, certainly this one is not.

Nita
I agree with you. The only numbers that count are Election Day. It just felt good to say that Brown was ahead.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 PM

516 posts, read 340,192 times
Why??? I lived there when moonbeam was governor. If he wins, California goe even deeper in the toilet than it already has.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM

41,313 posts, read 42,204,825 times
In ONE poll;

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - California Governor - Whitman vs. Brown

Who in their right mind could think old Jer Brown would make a good governor?

Oh, a quick perusal of the PPP will no doubt show you what is wrong with it.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...CA_9211118.pdf

Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 PM

13,640 posts, read 8,759,615 times
She's already spent over $100 million. Worst candidate ever.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
She's already spent over $100 million. Worst candidate ever.
Unfortunately for some, she may win and how much she spends is her business. You obviously don't like her, I am glad I don't have to vote in Ca but again, no one can say who is the worst candidate ever for anything..

This post is about who is ahead in the polls, not who would make a good governor.

Nita

Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In ONE poll;

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - California Governor - Whitman vs. Brown

Who in their right mind could think old Jer Brown would make a good governor?

Oh, a quick perusal of the PPP will no doubt show you what is wrong with it.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...CA_9211118.pdf
It has a 3.9 margin of error. I'm not sure if all of the questions were punched in on telephone key pad or a live surveyor asking the questions.
I'm skeptical of many polls these days. I don't know how they be accurate when so many now have cell phones that have replaced landlines.

What did you find wrong about this poll?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:07 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,502,579 times
As an outsider looking in. California is in terrible shape.. terrible. They pay their state employees with IOUs for God' sake. Why would someone elect a guy who undeniably had a hand in running this state into a financial crisis. It makes as much sense as electing Arnie for a third term.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
As an outsider looking in. California is in terrible shape.. terrible. They pay their state employees with IOUs for God' sake. Why would someone elect a guy who undeniably had a hand in running this state into a financial crisis. It makes as much sense as electing Arnie for a third term.
The only positive thing: the state is in such bad shape, doesn't matter who is elected, so let Brown win, then the libs can't blame the Republicans for a mess.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections