U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,676,650 times

Advertisements

It should not come as a surprise. Hillary is a LITTLE more mainstream and certainly WAY more experienced than Obama. An Hillary does a better job or pretending to be Centrist, rather than Obama who is going full left-wing extemist.

Obama's finally shown he is nothing more than a Media-created hype and he is truly an imcompetent individual who won't do anything if the US gets nuked and who will rush to hug Fidel Castro and the Dictator of Iran. That is a scary proposition that most Americans do NOT support. And proof is in the polls.

Obama is revealing his lunatic side, little by little we are seeing how extreme this guy is, who is filled with Communist ideals that are not in line with the American people. Obama is nothing short of a black version of the disgraced, incompetent former President Jimmy Carter. To those who don't know, Jimmy Carter screwed up the USA so bad in the late 1970s, Ronald Reagan took the Presidency from Carter in a landslide victory. Even liberal states went Reagan in 1980 and that is why America is still strong today. Obama is poised to do the same to the USA as Jimmy Carter, but it looks like the "sensible" wing of the Democrats are seeing this guy is trouble with a capital T.

Hillary has pulled ahead even more on the new polls in the Democratic polls, I doubt Obama will be able to catch up. Expect more attacks from the Obama camp, like the Hillary lesbian video that came out.

Here is the article:

Clinton pulls ahead in new Democratic poll

Wed Aug 1, 8:53 AM ET

Hillary Clinton has widened her lead over fellow Sen. Barack Obama in the race for the U.S. Democratic presidential nomination, a new poll showed on Wednesday.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll also showed that if the elections were held today, either of those Democrats would beat former New York Major Rudy Giuliani, the current Republican favorite.

Forty-three percent of Democratic respondents said they preferred the New York senator and former first lady over other Democratic candidates in the 2008 contest, up from 39 percent in June, the poll showed.

That put Clinton even farther ahead of chief rival Obama, the Illinois senator who slipped from 25 percent in the June poll to 22 percent in July. Clinton and Obama have sparred in recent weeks, trading accusations last week over foreign policy positions.

The poll surveyed 1,005 adults from Friday to Sunday and had a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points.

Those polled cited Clinton's experience and competence highest among her positive attributes.

Support was seen slipping for former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, from 15 percent of respondents in June to 13 percent this month. U.S. Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson were far behind the front-runners, but both showed a slim gain in support.

Print Story: Clinton pulls ahead in new poll on Yahoo! News (broken link)

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 08-01-2007 at 02:04 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM

After Obama says he wants to cease all US military operations, allow genecide to take place in Iraq, be ok with genecide in Congo and Sudan, NOW Obama says he wants to invade Pakistan!!

Is this guy unstable or what???

What's next??

Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM

7,137 posts, read 14,097,968 times
One is not any better than the other. If either manages to get elected, the country is doomed. But Obama is better looking by far!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
One is not any better than the other. If either manages to get elected, the country is doomed. But Obama is better looking by far!
Oh I agree. If either one wins in 2008, the USA will go back to the days of Jimmy Carter.

But if I had to pick the less worst of the two, I'd go Hillary, no doubt. Obama is a Communist crazie. He is already announcing he'd go hug Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Iranian terrorists.... Guy is a moron.

I think it's either Romney or Fred Thompson. Rudy is too liberal and McCain is way more liberal than even Rudy!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Don't kid yourself, Nirvana. Hillary will do whatever is "necessary", including hugging thugs if she has to. But enough of the losers!

I saw on a nice segment on Greta recently about the Romney boys, all very clean and decent looking, articulate, intelligent. Good plus for Romney. Doubt they have been in any drug related or other nefarious incidents.

Just don't think Thompson has the motivation or stamina to do a stint as President. Let him play at it on TV, and we can admire him there. We sure don't need a GOP Jimmy Carter!

My pick if I had to right do so right now would be Rudy. Yes, he is socially liberal (but so am I) and if he can get past his present wife's "issues" and his cross dressing, maybe he has a good chance.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 PM

5,108 posts, read 6,706,282 times
Nirvie you are entertaining with your uninformed posts on politics and the world around you, but really, you want to talk about Carter when the current administration launched the greatest fiasco in decades if not longer, which will negatively impact us for decades...? Their dumbed down foreign policy is tragic on a level of which we haven’t seen the true depth of at this point. They had no real interest in protecting this country and ignored the pleas of our intelligence community and the out going administration’s detailed evaluation of the current state of threats.

While Fredo played at his mansion in Texas and ignored his PDB’s… while they attacked and he sat paralyzed with a children’s book… not even capable of excusing himself while the greatest attack on this country in 60 happened.

He politicized most every agency, cherry picking what he wanted and ignoring reality.

Fredo also has surrounded himself with extreme ideologues and otherwise incompetent idiots… outing an NOC agent for his own political gain, and outing her front company causing who knows how much damage in terms of life, contacts and intelligence. This ridiculous extremism and incompetence has all but imploded the integrity and mission of the Justice Department and intelligence community. Cabinet members were compromised from their mission and turned into propaganda outlets for Fredo.

This is what you support. This is what you wanted and still want. This is what you criticize Democrats for not being.

Oh, go ahead tell us about Obama… don’t forget to obsess as usual about Hillary.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 PM

3,354 posts, read 6,406,079 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself, Nirvana. Hillary will do whatever is "necessary", including hugging thugs if she has to.
And every single one of them would french-kiss the Communist Chinese.

Obama may be less experienced, but at least I can trust him. I know he has some kind of guiding principles. Hillary? She just sticks her finger in the air and follows the latest poll numbers. No, thanks ... I had enough of that with her husband for 8 years.

Quote:
My pick if I had to right do so right now would be Rudy. Yes, he is socially liberal (but so am I) and if he can get past his present wife's "issues" and his cross dressing, maybe he has a good chance.
Ron Paul here.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Sorry Yo, Ron Paul just a little too out there for me. One really needs to have a "stage presence" as well to fill such a huge office, and he just doesn't have it. There is a goofy look to him that just isn't popular right now....

Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
JD.

199 posts, read 468,130 times
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but neither one is electable.

Have you seen the disapproval ratings on Hillary Clinton? It hovers around 50%. That's half of America that would never vote for her.

If the Democrats are serious about winning the White House in '08, give the American people some viable candidates. ...Oh wait, stick with the one's you have, please.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 PM

1,465 posts, read 6,014,087 times
Obama didn't say he would invade Pakistan, rather he would actually fight the war on terror and not the current war on distraction. Lmao the people responsible for killing over 3,000 americans on probably the 2nd worst attack in U.S. history sits in the Mtns of Pakistan and Bush and his cronies doen't want to send the manpower to get him.....Sorry but Hillary is phony and she'll tell me what I wanna hear and not what she believes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections