Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,414,872 times

Advertisements

This combination sends shivers down the spines of the Pubs. Unable to mount even one serious GOP candidate to challenge Obama-Biden, and completely unsuccessful in their efforts to discredit this president, Pubs are reeling now. President Obama can guarantee victory with this ticket if Biden is deemed a liability because of his meaningless dozing session during Obama's speech.

I think an Obama-Clinton ticket is powerful stuff, setting up a 2016 Clinton presidential run, 8 more years of a Dem White House. Pubs won't be able to challenge again until 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

852 posts, read 1,359,041 times
1. Clinton has repeatedly said that she has no desire to be POTUS or VP.
2. She may not come back for his second term should he get re-elected.
3. This is a bit presumptuous. Do you remember that when Obama was elected just over two years ago everyone said that Republicans were near extinction. Do you see how quickly they rebounded? Did they get some help? Sure but this is the nature of politics.
4. Obama will see a 7-10 point spike in approval ratings that will disappear within a couple of months. People forget quickly especially if they don't have jobs and their 401k performance is sub par.
5. The economy and stock market will decide the next election unless something major like a terrorist attack on U.S. soil occurs.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This combination sends shivers down the spines of the Pubs. Unable to mount even one serious GOP candidate to challenge Obama-Biden, and completely unsuccessful in their efforts to discredit this president, Pubs are reeling now. President Obama can guarantee victory with this ticket if Biden is deemed a liability because of his meaningless dozing session during Obama's speech.

I think an Obama-Clinton ticket is powerful stuff, setting up a 2016 Clinton presidential run, 8 more years of a Dem White House. Pubs won't be able to challenge again until 2024.
The thought of Hillary Clinton sends shivers down the spines of any straight man and it has nothing to do with politics...

that point aside, I would love to see this combination because a few things would have to take place first. Obama would have to admit that he made a very stupid choice picking that retard Biden in 2008 given the number of times so far that Biden has made a complete Bush level fool out of himself. Next, Hillary would have to break her promise to not run for office in 2012 proving to the world that she's a liar just like her husband. I know liberal fools expect their politicians to lie to them but that's one of the reasons why liberals are a small minority in this country.

I would personally love to see these idiots on a ticket together, can you comprehend how much flip flopping footage there is out there to tear them apart in TV ads alone?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama would have to admit that he made a very stupid choice picking that retard Biden in 2008 given the number of times so far that Biden has made a complete Bush level fool out of himself.
Please explain this one to me. Obama won with Biden on the ticket so I just don't get how it was a mistake. The real mistake was McCain selecting Palin to be on his ticket. Does Biden say some stupid things? You bet but that wasn't a surprise. The guy has a lot to offer despite his occassional miscue.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Please explain this one to me. Obama won with Biden on the ticket so I just don't get how it was a mistake. The real mistake was McCain selecting Palin to be on his ticket. Does Biden say some stupid things? You bet but that wasn't a surprise. The guy has a lot to offer despite his occassional miscue.
Shhhhhhhh, you'll wake the idiot. He looks busy solving world peace.

http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Biden-sleeping-during-speech.png (broken link)

Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Shhhhhhhh, you'll wake the idiot. He looks busy solving world peace.
No explanation of how this was a mistake? Whether you like it or not, you can't argue with the result. I would say that everyone else made a mistake because they lost to a guy that hardly anyone knew a couple of years prior and to a guy that constantly puts his foot in his mouth.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
No explanation of how this was a mistake? Whether you like it or not, you can't argue with the result. I would say that everyone else made a mistake because they lost to a guy that hardly anyone knew a couple of years prior and to a guy that constantly puts his foot in his mouth.
Which mistake are you talking about, the election of Obama or him picking Biden as his running mate? GWB won twice and was widely considered the biggest idiot on the planet, what does that say about the candidates he beat?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

How many times does she have to say "I am throw with politics" to convince people like you she is not running period. And what would make you realize they detest each other. Maybe had she be tapped in 2008 she would have considered it, doubtful but certainly not now. Now you are talking 10 more years, as you are seeing her eleceted in 2016, again age my friend, which you must not have any. Sometimes I think you might be a little kid playing on mommy and daddy's computer.

Nita

Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
what results? We can all argue. You think God is good, I do too, but I don't think Obama is God and I am one that wonders what he has done to make some think he is so wonderful...???

Nita

Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what results? We can all argue. You think God is good, I do too, but I don't think Obama is God and I am one that wonders what he has done to make some think he is so wonderful...???

Nita
He won the election. Those are the results that I am speaking of.

Um, when did I say that Obama was God? I voted for the guy in 2008 not because I thought he was God but because I thought he was the best candidate running. By the way, nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. As far as 2012, I have not made up my mind. I may vote Obama but I may vote for the GOP candidate. It's far too early to tell. See, I am not one of those mindless drones that votes down party lines in each election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections