U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
 
1,027 posts, read 1,195,293 times
Reputation: 886

Advertisements

Despite simply terrible economic news and horrid 9.1% unemployment, Obama beats all the GOP contenders by comfortable margins. It's so pathetic, in fact, that I will simply post Romney's numbers, since the flip-flopping RomBot is the strongest candidate the GOP has to go up against Obama. Obama leaves all other GOP candidates in the dust:

Obama 51%
Romney 38%

Obama holds big 2012 lead over Republicans | Reuters

Obama 48%
Romney 41%

Obama Approval Drops, Romney Tops GOP Preference - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/us/2011/06/08/obama-approval-drops-romney-tops-gop-preference/ - broken link)

Obama 47%
Romney 41%

National (US) Poll * June 8, 2011 * Romney Leads GOP Pack, Runs Be - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

You would think that in these dire economic times, a businessman and "economic genius" like Romney should be light-years ahead of Obama by double-digits. But this is not what we're seeing. I wonder why this is...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 PM
 
1,027 posts, read 793,962 times
Reputation: 218
Because polls have a left wing bias...

Or


How was the question asked


Or


RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL!!!



Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,319 posts, read 21,394,859 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Obama holds big lead over Republicans

You have failed, Pubs.

Obama holds big 2012 lead over Republicans - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/pl_nm/us_usa_campaign_poll - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 AM
 
1,027 posts, read 793,962 times
Reputation: 218
Rightwingers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 AM
 
Location: Chicago
865 posts, read 640,081 times
Reputation: 270
Haha, in all of my years of selecting to be openly contacted for party/voter purposes, I have yet to get polled.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,800 posts, read 98,012,877 times
Reputation: 49114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Despite simply terrible economic news and horrid 9.1% unemployment, Obama beats all the GOP contenders by comfortable margins. It's so pathetic, in fact, that I will simply post Romney's numbers, since the flip-flopping RomBot is the strongest candidate the GOP has to go up against Obama. Obama leaves all other GOP candidates in the dust:

Obama 51%
Romney 38%

Obama holds big 2012 lead over Republicans | Reuters

Obama 48%
Romney 41%

Obama Approval Drops, Romney Tops GOP Preference - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/us/2011/06/08/obama-approval-drops-romney-tops-gop-preference/ - broken link)

Obama 47%
Romney 41%

National (US) Poll * June 8, 2011 * Romney Leads GOP Pack, Runs Be - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

You would think that in these dire economic times, a businessman and "economic genius" like Romney should be light-years ahead of Obama by double-digits. But this is not what we're seeing. I wonder why this is...
and if you continue to read these stories you will see comments like, The Republican race is still forming, thus these polls mean very little. Whether you are pro or apposed to Obama, Paul, Romney, whomever, nothing being posted now has much baring on anything. Let's see what shapes up as we get closer to a real Republican candidate. I am not saying Obama will not win or will not lead in the polls, I am saying, enjoy your polls results now, cause they could change at anytime.

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,800 posts, read 98,012,877 times
Reputation: 49114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Haha, in all of my years of selecting to be openly contacted for party/voter purposes, I have yet to get polled.
well I have sorta: once or twice in the past election (2010) I got calls from local candidates, so I guess I was being polled and once many years ago (like 35 or so) some guy came to my door and was doing a poll on some prop on the Ca ballot. The only problem, the questions were so obscuire (spelling) I had no idea what he was polling me on. I think it had to do with the grape growers in the central valley. basically you are right, rarely do any of us really get polled.

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,473 posts, read 22,078,427 times
Reputation: 5665
The polls I see show Romney kicking the fairy princess' miserable butt..! Don't know where you get your slanted information, but it is wrong....................
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
20,731 posts, read 17,884,998 times
Reputation: 4620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The polls I see show Romney kicking the fairy princess' miserable butt..! Don't know where you get your slanted information, but it is wrong....................
If you read the title, you would have noticed fox, Reuters/Ipsos and Quinnipiac....

Romney has led Obama in one poll (the last ABC poll), Obama led every other Republican in that poll, and leads Romney and every Republican in every other poll as well (including the latest Fox News Poll, The Ipsos/Reuters poll, and the Qunnipiac poll all mentioned in the title.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top