Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin run for President?
Yes 9 20.45%
No 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:09 PM

6 posts, read 22,032 times

Advertisements

I happened upon a couple of interesting blogs about how there is no talk about possible double standards with Race in regards to the Presidential race....

The blog is here:
Some Facts To Consider - Race To The White House

Some quotes:
If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire." If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

If you live in an Urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy." If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an "F'n redneck that don't want any kids").

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America . White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic." Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic." Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless." A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you say that for the "first time in my adult lifetime I'm really proud of my country" it makes you "unfit" to be First Lady. If you are a registered member of a fringe political group that advocates secession that makes you "First Dude."

A DUI from twenty years ago is "old news." A speech given without proper citation from twenty years ago is "relevant information."

That really got me thinking...remember Mississippi Burning where the lawyer could only get people to see his point was when he did a role reversal at the very end...lets do that here:

....lets put a harsh reversal on everything: what if Barack had chosen a little known black women with 5 kids who had a birth defected baby that she just had less than a year ago...who also had a pregnant teen daughter with a boyfriend with a myspace page that said 'im a thug and ill kick your as$' on it -- how would everyone react?

Thats the same scenario colored in black. Makes you think huh. Imagine the racist comments that would be all over the US if that happened

(Go ahead and further the reversal in your mind and stick Biden on the Republican side in this Bizzaro world scenario. He would be hailed as a fine choice)

Last edited by MrMecca; 09-07-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 03:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Question How would our Society react

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMecca View Post
what if Barack had chosen a little known black women with 5 kids who had a birth defected baby that she just had less than a year ago...who also a pregnant teen daughter with a boyfriend with a myspace page that said 'im a thug and ill kick your as$' on it -- how would everyone react?
This is interesting. How would our Society react?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:25 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,265 times
Damn... that's a pretty interesting observation???

Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,308 times
The election would be over if the roles were reversed. Very interesting observations.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM

877 posts, read 2,767,730 times
This is a very interesting observation but if she was Black and a Democrat, the Republicans spin machine would be all over her. She would probably be considered the Affirmative Action pick and unfit to be VP but since she is not, she is the greatest thing that has happened to politics. As well as a woman with great moral values that I want my daughters to emulate. Go figure.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
What if she wasn't Black and a republican?

What if she never existed?

What if she wasn't a republican?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is interesting. How would our Society react?
The republicans would go ape**** crazy over this!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 22,032 times
lol yup could you imagine Hannity and the O'Reilly Factor getting their teeth in that -- it would be on the cusp of Fox News 24 hours a day until something else came up

Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMecca View Post
I happened upon a couple of interesting blogs about how there is no talk about possible double standards with Race in regards to the Presidential race....

The blog is here:
Some Facts To Consider - Race To The White House

Some quotes:
If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire." If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

If you live in an Urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy." If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an "F'n redneck that don't want any kids").

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America . White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic." Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic." Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless." A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you say that for the "first time in my adult lifetime I'm really proud of my country" it makes you "unfit" to be First Lady. If you are a registered member of a fringe political group that advocates secession that makes you "First Dude."

A DUI from twenty years ago is "old news." A speech given without proper citation from twenty years ago is "relevant information."

That really got me thinking...remember Mississippi Burning where the lawyer could only get people to see his point was when he did a role reversal at the very end...lets do that here:

....lets put a harsh reversal on everything: what if Barack had chosen a little known black women with 5 kids who had a birth defected baby that she just had less than a year ago...who also had a pregnant teen daughter with a boyfriend with a myspace page that said 'im a thug and ill kick your as$' on it -- how would everyone react?

Thats the same scenario colored in black. Makes you think huh. Imagine the racist comments that would be all over the US if that happened

(Go ahead and further the reversal in your mind and stick Biden on the Republican side in this Bizzaro world scenario. He would be hailed as a fine choice)
Interesting post.

lol- re: the teen daughter and her thug boyfriend. Not exactly adding anything positive into society, there. I am white an against any teen pregnancy, especially when the future grandmother of the kid uses the national media as her stage. No wonder shes afraid of the press corps.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
The opening post is well thought out, well said. If only all our citizens would listen, hear what's presented, and understand how important to our country and society those observations are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections