Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:34 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,549,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You would lose that bet. Ron Paul has been "trumpeting" a lot of things for a very long time, but at some point he needs to stop spewing empty rhetoric and start doing something. Actions speak louder than words, and Ron Paul has not put any of his words into action with regard to free-trade.

Nobody, except for the Paulite fanatics, has ever claimed Ron Paul made sense.
Ron Paul isn't king...he's a congressman. What exactly do you want him to do to force the rest of government to implement his ideas?? Do you even understand how the government works?

You haven't even said why you disagree with Paul. You just present insults to him and his supporters. What are you scared of?

Maybe you are a paid supporter of a corporate candidate. Which one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,648 times
Default Ron Paul is simply not a serious candidate

And he knows it.

He uses the free publicity attached to his frequent "campaigns" as a platform to advance his viewpoint on the issues. He knows he has no shot at becoming his party's nominee. I admire his fortitude in tweaking the GOP establishment, though.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:42 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Ron Paul isn't king...he's a congressman. What exactly do you want him to do to force the rest of government to implement his ideas?? Do you even understand how the government works?
Here is a thought, how about he does his job. Like introduce a free-trade bill of his own since he has a problem with every other free-trade bill. Oh, yea, I forgot. That would mean putting his rhetoric into actual practice, and Ron Paul cannot do that, can he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You haven't even said why you disagree with Paul. You just present insults to him and his supporters. What are you scared of?

Maybe you are a paid supporter of a corporate candidate. Which one?
I have stated several times why I could never vote for Ron Paul: He is a hypocritical anti-military, isolationist.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,412,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Here is a thought, how about he does his job. Like introduce a free-trade bill of his own since he has a problem with every other free-trade bill. Oh, yea, I forgot. That would mean putting his rhetoric into actual practice, and Ron Paul cannot do that, can he?

I have stated several times why I could never vote for Ron Paul: He is a hypocritical anti-military, isolationist.
Blah, blah, blah. You are so full of crap. Nothing you have said is true and no matter how much you are corrected, you continue. At least your fingers are getting a work out. But, I understand that you feel you need to run interference on Ron Paul, so run Forrest, run!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM

15,101 posts, read 8,650,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have wondered for some time why I disagree with so many people here about Ron Paul as President. Finally I read this opinion piece about him and found many of the reasons stated in a way that I can agree with completely. I even believe that the author's attitude toward libertarians is pretty close to mine.

Ann Coulter - Official Home Page
Ann (Adam) Coulter indeed Great lord in heaven, beam me up. This so-called conservative transvestite sticks her feet in her mouth so often, a centipede would have trouble keeping up.

When comparing Ron Paul to all the others in congress or candidates running for President, what you are really saying is .... the smell of raw sewage ain't so bad .... and I can deal with it if someone smashes into the back of my car .... it wouldn't be the end of the world be if I lost my job and the bank foreclosed on my home ... and if my wife wants to bang the paper boy, it's a free country ... but ..... there is just something about ice cream ....

If there is any mystery why we are in such dire straights at the moment .. you may have just provided the clue to solving it. As I've long suggested, the American people in significant number, love to be lied to, and cannot tolerate a single truth. Tell the bloody truth, and you'll be cursed, ridiculed, attacked, and crucified. But if every word that comes out of your mouth is a lie ... if you consistently do the exact opposite of what you "promise" .... and if you are so clueless and disconnected with reality and the poeple who's support you seek like Mittens Romney who told a crowd "I'm unemployed too" .... they'll bow down to you ... build monuments in your image ... name their children after you, and shower you with undying, never ending support.

Now don't get me wrong ... I don't agree with every position Ron Paul takes ... nor do I agree 100% on everything with anyone ... but at least the man is honest ... a least he does what he says ... at least he can be trusted to do or try to do the things he promises to do, and that alone would truly be a change for the better.

But you, and the other scary people that think like you, prefer the pandering liars who never do what they promise to do, and agree with the opinions of nitwits like Coulter.

Perhaps we should just change the whole process for national elections? Maybe the best way to solve the nation's problems would be to do away with the Mud Slinging" ... and do a little "Mud Wrestling".

Let's dress up Mr. Coulter and Mr. Madow in their respective red and blue bathing suits, and put them in a mud ring. The winner gets to destroy the country with nuclear weapons ... no more dragging feet and fooling around.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 06-17-2011 at 09:44 AM..

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,686,647 times
So what ann coulter is saying as soon as it involves social issues the governent is the offical deciding force on marriage. Marriage has been around forever and government didnt need to run and or even define MARRIAGE. Either way why is it churches can marry and private contracts can't. Is it because they aren't registered with the government or dont via legal recourse. Frankly marriage destorys individual liberty and puts people in groups, benefits and legal status that goes against individual accoplishment and or rights.
Marriage defined by government is bound to give you anything when the wrong people are in power.
Its just a matter of time for government to tell us that marriage to animals is LEGAL! Frankly again why is government telling people what marriage is or isn't.
Individuals DECIDE TO MARRY another INDIVIDUAL or proclaim their love if you want legal rights to have a TITLE to anything they should not come via GOVERNMENT!

In other words get the government out of it who can adpot children shouldnt depend on MARRIAGE STATUS!!! That is just plain stupid.
We have single dads, single mom's couple and elderly people who have the resources and love to adopt children this idea that we NEED to be married in order to love children and raise them is just plain retarded. This is nothing more then pandering to the religious right and other groups who think marriage is HOLY and rightous means of living.
Government is not the promoter of morals INDIVIDUALS ARE!!
Government is the protector of life, liberty and making sure FORCE is not used against us or against others via the govenrment or against other individuals.
IT has nothing to do with marriage, other nations borders, civil wars, and what individuals put into their body. What people do while on drugs, and or as individuals will be responsible in the court of LAW period.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Blah, blah, blah. You are so full of crap. Nothing you have said is true and no matter how much you are corrected, you continue. At least your fingers are getting a work out. But, I understand that you feel you need to run interference on Ron Paul, so run Forrest, run!
Glitch is not alone on the three areas he mentions about Paul as areas of disagreement. I, also, feel that way about Paul, although I am sure he can't become a nomination and should just get out. Part of his hypocrisy is that he only wants to use the platform to throw out his ideas.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ann (Adam) Coulter indeed Great lord in heaven, beam me up. This so-called conservative transvestite sticks her feet in her mouth so often, a centipede would have trouble keeping up.

When comparing Ron Paul to all the others in congress or candidates running for President, what you are really saying is .... the smell of raw sewage ain't so bad .... and I can deal with it if someone smashes into the back of my car .... it wouldn't be the end of the world be if I lost my job and the bank foreclosed on my home ... and if my wife wants to bang the paper boy, it's a free country ... but ..... there is just something about ice cream ....

If there is any mystery why we are in such dire straights at the moment .. you may have just provided the clue to solving it. As I've long suggested, the American people in significant number, love to be lied to, and cannot tolerate a single truth. Tell the bloody truth, and you'll be cursed, ridiculed, attacked, and crucified. But if every word that comes out of your mouth is a lie ... if you consistently do the exact opposite of what you "promise" .... and if you are so clueless and disconnected with reality and the poeple who's support you seek like Mittens Romney who told a crowd "I'm unemployed too" .... they'll bow down to you ... build monuments in your image ... name their children after you, and shower you with undying, never ending support.

Now don't get me wrong ... I don't agree with every position Ron Paul takes ... nor do I agree 100% on everything with anyone ... but at least the man is honest ... a least he does what he says ... at least he can be trusted to do or try to do the things he promises to do, and that alone would truly be a change for the better.

But you, and the other scary people that think like you, prefer the pandering liars who never do what they promise to do, and agree with the opinions of nitwits like Coulter.

Perhaps we should just change the whole process for national elections? Maybe the best way to solve the nation's problems would be to do away with the Mud Slinging" ... and do a little "Mud Wrestling".

Let's dress up Mr. Coulter and Mr. Madow in their respective red and blue bathing suits, and put them in a mud ring. The winner gets to destroy the country with nuclear weapons ... no more dragging feet and fooling around.
I certainly didn't know it was against some law to say anything about Ron Paul that you supporters didn't like but I don't intend to apologize to you, either. I got a kick out of you calling me one of the other scary people who don't agree with you about Paul.

Has Paul ever had to do any of the things he promises? I know Obama hasn't but then he has had to hold the job and prove his promises were campaign lies but Paul has only clapped his lips and never had to deliver. Is that a nasty thing to say about old Ron?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
So what ann coulter is saying as soon as it involves social issues the governent is the offical deciding force on marriage. Marriage has been around forever and government didnt need to run and or even define MARRIAGE. Either way why is it churches can marry and private contracts can't. Is it because they aren't registered with the government or dont via legal recourse. Frankly marriage destorys individual liberty and puts people in groups, benefits and legal status that goes against individual accoplishment and or rights.
Marriage defined by government is bound to give you anything when the wrong people are in power.
Its just a matter of time for government to tell us that marriage to animals is LEGAL! Frankly again why is government telling people what marriage is or isn't.
Individuals DECIDE TO MARRY another INDIVIDUAL or proclaim their love if you want legal rights to have a TITLE to anything they should not come via GOVERNMENT!

In other words get the government out of it who can adpot children shouldnt depend on MARRIAGE STATUS!!! That is just plain stupid.
We have single dads, single mom's couple and elderly people who have the resources and love to adopt children this idea that we NEED to be married in order to love children and raise them is just plain retarded. This is nothing more then pandering to the religious right and other groups who think marriage is HOLY and rightous means of living.
Government is not the promoter of morals INDIVIDUALS ARE!!
Government is the protector of life, liberty and making sure FORCE is not used against us or against others via the govenrment or against other individuals.
IT has nothing to do with marriage, other nations borders, civil wars, and what individuals put into their body. What people do while on drugs, and or as individuals will be responsible in the court of LAW period.
I was never unhappy when I had to get a state license for either of my marriages, but then I didn't have a problem since both of them were to women which seems so unfair to many here. I have always thought that if a state can make a law about blood tests for those licenses then it should try to control some of the other things involved.

You tip your hand when you say that it is the religious right that doesn't want same sex marriage. I think there are probably some people who don't believe in same sex who aren't either religious or of the right.

You went a bit far in your list of things that government shouldn't be involved with when you listed national borders, civil wars and maybe even what druggies put into their bodies. When one is under the influence of any drug, alcohol for sure, someone has to control what he can do since he sure won't be able to.

It is ok with me that you want same sex marriage but I also feel that Ann Coulter and I have the right to disagree with you. I say this because I think that we all have the right to believe as we want to and even express our beliefs. Surely not only those who believe in same sex practices are the ones who can make these decisions, as you seem to think.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ann Coulter, was she lying in this interview or is she lying now?

YouTube - ‪Ann Coulter endorses Ron Paul in 2012‬‏
She's a hypocrite!

She ENDORSED Ron Paul for 2012 in this video and said she agreed with him about everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections