Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times

Advertisements

Not going to do well in the deep south.

Is Rick Perry gay? Rumors haunt potential presidential bid - National Democrat | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 05:40 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This whole "Rick Perry is gay" thing is absurd... He has 2 kids.

There are lots of things to criticize Rick Perry for, being "gay" isn't really one of them...

Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
This whole "Rick Perry is gay" thing is absurd... He has 2 kids.

There are lots of things to criticize Rick Perry for, being "gay" isn't really one of them...
As if being married and having kids is proof that one is not gay. LMFAO. Ever heard of the down low, google it.

No one is criticizing Perry, I'm just stating that rumors about him being gay, whether they are true or not, will hurt him big time in very conservative areas.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM

22,196 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
As if being married and having kids is proof that one is not gay. LMFAO. Ever heard of the down low, google it.

No one is criticizing Perry, I'm just stating that rumors about him being gay, whether they are true or not, will hurt him big time in very conservative areas.
I don't think there is much to the Perry is gay rumors. On top of that his gay bashing will more than make up for any rumors with the foaming of the mouth crowd that dominates the GOP Primary electorate in the south. Of course Perry's rhetoric will hurt with moderates and Independents, but its what the far right wants to hear.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,175 times
I didn't see him threatening to break away from the union because of 'big gov't spending, policies, etc.' and less than a month later complaining the gov't wasn't doing enough to help his state as a reason...Is this in there? Did I miss something? Did he get 'tea-bagged' one too many times...he's delirious? He hates the gov't but hates them even more because they won't take care of his state?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
101. He thinks Texas seceding from the USA is not a big deal

I was born in Texas, lived in Texas most of my life, have lived in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, West Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth. I graduated from UT. I'm as Texas as they come-- and I think the idea of seceding from the USA is insane and am ashamed that our governor suggested this.
Given your residential credentials and education you should realize Texans aren't going to go for secession and Perry's not gonna take them there.

The idea of secession is a good metaphor to counter the idea of federal encroachment. Reason 102.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Given your residential credentials and education you should realize Texans aren't going to go for secession and Perry's not gonna take them there.

The idea of secession is a good metaphor to counter the idea of federal encroachment. Reason 102.
He was just joking, didn't really mean it.

LOL

Old 07-08-2011, 11:33 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Here are 10 reasons and you can read the other 90 here including why he can win:

100+ Reasons Rick Perry Would Be The Best Candidate for 2012 - True Conservatives on Twitter

"First GOVERNOR since WWII to sign a Texas budget CUTTING spending. He did it more than once, too.

Grew up literally dirt poor. Had an outhouse on his scrabbly little ranch. No running water.

He's made SOLID appointments to courts, boards, etc. Strong diversity. Principled conservatives.

Texas has one the lowest mortgage foreclosure rates in America. Half the national average.

Every single Texas metropolitan area has added jobs since '09. No other large state can say that.

Texas has more "green" Energy Star homes than any other state, without onerous rules/regulations.

Signed landmark eminent domain reform protecting private property rights.

Texas is one of only three states (ND and Alaska) to have more jobs than pre-recession.

Signed the Castle Doctrine, which allows Texans to defend themselves in their own homes. Practices his right to carry.

Vetoed a brand new tax on the Internet, is threatening to veto it again if they slip it back in. "

Provide 10 reasons why your candidate should be the GOP nominee.

The more LauraC pumps up...promotes this guy, Perry....the more dubious I sense about something not right about him!

I will stay with my initial choice >>>Sarah Palin<<<

Old 07-09-2011, 09:19 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
If Perry really were gay, would it not have been used all three times he was elected governor, once when he was elected Lieutenant Governor and the other time when he was elected Agriculture Commissioner? Would the Democrat's opposition research not be used all of those times?

And just as an aside, why would Democrats (or Ron Paul fans) accuse anyone of being gay, if it's normal?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Grew up dirt poor, yet his dad was a county commissioner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections