Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,688,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Will she or won't she. That is the question still being asked as the GOP field for the presidential nomination heats up with candidates like Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann making headway, but not breaking away.
Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The drama continues. I think Palin wants her strip tease act to go on forever, but I think the boys have left the club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 PM

37,149 posts, read 42,245,999 times
It's better to say "I could have won" than "I lost"...guess which one she will be saying at the end of 2012?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,298,352 times
She also said that she is qualified to be Vice President because she can see Russia from Alaska.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,130 times
I know Sarah is tremendously diligent...and a very hard, dedicated worker. She has the best value system of all the people in the mix....and if she waits till the exact right time to declare....I think she can persuade a majority of 'hurting Americans to join her bid for taking charge of the office of POTUSA, and get it back on a positive and quality course.

And that has been missing since 1988....when Ronald Wilson Reagan walked off into the sunset.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:45 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I know Sarah is tremendously diligent...and a very hard, dedicated worker. She has the best value system of all the people in the mix....and if she waits till the exact right time to declare....I think she can persuade a majority of 'hurting Americans to join her bid for taking charge of the office of POTUSA, and get it back on a positive and quality course.

And that has been missing since 1988....when Ronald Wilson Reagan walked off into the sunset.
Palin will never get the GOP nomination, but she can still cause a commotion at the convention. All she really wants is attention-and cash. She proved she's not cut out for governing when she walked away from her day job in Alaska to pursue fame and fortune.

It is my very fond hope that she runs anyway as an Independent/Tea Party candidate. She would peel enough votes away from Romney to give Obama the win.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,619,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

The drama continues. I think Palin wants her strip tease act to go on forever, but I think the boys have left the club.
I think the key word in your posting was "tease." Her strategy is to keep her name in the news, in an attempt to maneuver things so that she'll be handed the nomination by acclaim. The fly in the ointment, of course, is that she doesn't have a full understanding of the big picture.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I do not think she will run and I do not think she would win the nomination, much less the general if she did. All she would do is split the Bachmann votes, with Bachmann getting more would be my guess. Why, because Bachmann, as a candidate is new.

Nita

Old 07-11-2011, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
She also said that she is qualified to be Vice President because she can see Russia from Alaska.
get over that stupid business about seeing Russia from her back yard or from Alaska. It wasn't meant to be taken that way. I do not support her, I do not think she would be a good Pres, but I do think it is almost sad you libs can't let something die. This was 3 years ago for heavens sake.

Nita

Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
get over that stupid business about seeing Russia from her back yard or from Alaska. It wasn't meant to be taken that way. I do not support her, I do not think she would be a good Pres, but I do think it is almost sad you libs can't let something die. This was 3 years ago for heavens sake.

Nita
I'm sure you tell Repugs to get over that stupid business of Obama saying 57 states...isn't it "sad' repugs can't let that die...it was three years ago for heaven's sake.

And although Sarah didn't say those EXACT words, she did imply she had foriegn affairs experience because of Alaska's proximity to Russia...any paraphrasing couldn't be more stupid than that.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Have you sent your weekly check yet?
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections