Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama vs. Republican
Obama 38 47.50%
Republican 42 52.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Media is giving him more attention.

Ron Paul is really the only candidate who can beat Obama.

Perry definitely wouldn't come close to beating Obama. Hate to say it, but being a governor from Texas (like W) will really hurt him. People will associate him with W.
and I think you are 100% wrong on this one. Do I think Paul could beat Obama? I really don't know, but I doubt he will get the nomination so it is a moot point at this time. Do I think there are Republicans that can beat Obama? of course there are unless he makes some huge adjustments in many areas in the next 15 months. Will it be a shoe in for either side? I doubt it.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Christie/Rubio ticket would be great. But Christie has said he will not run this time around. Maybe Perry/Rubio.
I am thinking Perry/Christie, I doubt Chrsitie wants the VP either as he wants to stay active in his kids lives until the are pretty much out of the home (4 more years) but he hasn't said no to VP. yes, Rubio would be a good choice, or maybe the new governor of NM or Nicki Haley for starters?

Nita

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think the economy will determine who wins, not the candidate.

incumbent presidents are defeated when the economy is bad.

i still have my hopes on ron paul, but the media sure isn't going to help.
Yes, the economy will be one of the major issues, that and amnesty. It used to thought a sitting Pres was almost impossible to defeat, but first we had Johnson who decided not to run because he knew he would get defeated, they Carter, followed by Bush the first. It is apparent inumbancy, though helpful isn't a sure thing anymore.

Nita

Old 07-19-2011, 04:47 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You could run Gumby against Obama and I'd be voting for Gumby. It's hard to argue with Obama's record of failure.
Don't you mean "against" his record? If so, I could do so rather easily. The GOP presided over the biggest post-depression recession. Obama inherited it. And, while things still aren't great, they could be a hell of a lot worse.

As far as the debt-ceiling issue:

10 Inconvenient Truths About the Debt Ceiling | Crooks and Liars

Instead of being obstructionists, the GOP can simply assume their role as the pot instead of the kettle and start working towards a real solution that includes both deficit reduction AND increased revenue.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 AM

67 posts, read 66,910 times
Ron Paul! Pay attention people, Ron is the man for the job!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
There are sane, smart Republicans who are rooted in reality. The problem is, none of them are running for presidency. This is like going to an establishment with the expectation of purchasing a product, but that product is out of stock and we end up with two other alternatives.

I agree with this. I am independent but will more than likely vote for Obama unless someone comes out and wows me. Oh, and wanted to mention I put Ron Paul in the category as someone not rooted in reality. This might upset his huge fans but he reminds me of communism - seem good on paper but not so great in real life. I don't think he would accomplish anything in office even though he has good ideas.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
latest gallop poll out today shows most Americans are saying they would vote for any Republican over Obama. Of course polls can change at anytime.

Nita
I'm not buying it, and we have a long way to go before election. Just keep that nut and her effeminate husband talking. They're digging their own demise.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:38 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. I am independent but will more than likely vote for Obama unless someone comes out and wows me. Oh, and wanted to mention I put Ron Paul in the category as someone not rooted in reality. This might upset his huge fans but he reminds me of communism - seem good on paper but not so great in real life. I don't think he would accomplish anything in office even though he has good ideas.
If you think "reality" is running up huge deficits, invading countries with no purpose, and allowing the poor and middle class to suffer through inflation, than yeah, I guess Ron Paul isn't rooted in "reality."

Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrunner View Post
Ron Paul! Pay attention people, Ron is the man for the job!
I like some of the things that Ron is saying, but that will change if he gets the "nod" Why? the same reason that MCcain had to backtrack on some of things that he actually believed in.......Refutican money! You got to play to get paid!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:08 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I like some of the things that Ron is saying, but that will change if he gets the "nod" Why? the same reason that MCcain had to backtrack on some of things that he actually believed in.......Refutican money! You got to play to get paid!
I disagree. Ron Paul isn't like the other candidates. He will not change his principles to get votes-- he has shown this throughout his long career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections