Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,396,696 times

Advertisements

This column by WaPo conservative Jennifer Rubin has her openly worrying that Rick Perry may not be up to the challange presented by media scrutiny, let alone the challanges of actually being president. She ends up hoping Santorum or Bachmann can make a come-back.

Even the GOP establishment is worried about Perry- his ignoramous pay-to-play style may be good enough for a governor in a state with no government, but a candidate for POTUS Maybe not so much.

The RW base may heart Perry, but there's BIIIIG money riding on this one. The Murdoch/ Wall Street boys won't back a loser.

Perry is this cycle's Fred Thompson.

Don’t count out the rest of the GOP field yet - Right Turn - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 PM

485 posts, read 1,456,828 times
I personally like perry because of the job creation history that he brings. but I hope that one thing that comes out of the fiasco that was 2008 is that people will take a hard look at whether the candidate can actually do the job. Too many people bought into the "hope and change" mantra and forgot to look at how lacking the candidate's resume was. There were people out there trying to get people to look but once the love affair began it was hard to bring reason into play.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,667,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
This column by WaPo conservative Jennifer Rubin has her openly worrying that Rick Perry may not be up to the challange presented by media scrutiny, let alone the challanges of actually being president. She ends up hoping Santorum or Bachmann can make a come-back.

Even the GOP establishment is worried about Perry- his ignoramous pay-to-play style may be good enough for a governor in a state with no government, but a candidate for POTUS Maybe not so much.

The RW base may heart Perry, but there's BIIIIG money riding on this one. The Murdoch/ Wall Street boys won't back a loser.

Perry is this cycle's Fred Thompson.

Don’t count out the rest of the GOP field yet - Right Turn - The Washington Post

Pardon this simple observation....but Perry just looks 'dirty' to me. I'm not just talking about physically, either!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Paul has proved over and over, he is up to telling the truth every time and his story never changes.

Ron Paul - 2012

Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,667,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Paul has proved over and over, he is up to telling the truth every time and his story never changes.

Ron Paul - 2012
Excuse please...this thread is about Rick Perry.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,834,841 times
Perry is the corporations idea candidate. A texas big oil, corporatist puppet that obediently obeys. He will be a tough sell to the people from his pro-illegal stances, Palin style foot-in-mouth speech, and especially he pretty much is just Bush all over again.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:33 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,910,708 times
This is nothing new, the GOP establishment has never liked Rick Perry.

Yes, Perry will have his corporate friends, and he's always made it clear he will scratch your back if you scratch his. But his "establishment" is not the Washington establishment -- and that terrifies them. Trust me, they would *love it* if Perry was another Bush, or some other politically connected family beholding to the Washington elite. But he's not that at all... if he gets to Washington, it's a whole new game with new players -- his players. Many don't like that.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,373,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Perry is the corporations idea candidate. A texas big oil, corporatist puppet that obediently obeys. He will be a tough sell to the people from his pro-illegal stances, Palin style foot-in-mouth speech, and especially he pretty much is just Bush all over again.
I think you mean Biden style foot-in-mouth...

Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,740,421 times
Perry is the illegal aliens only hope for amnesty.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Perry is the illegal aliens only hope for amnesty.
Correct me if I am wrong: but all this attention about his being pro amnesty: I read two different columns today, both mentioning he did sign into law a bill allowing kids of illegals to attend college and not pay out of state tuition. I am not sure I agree, but I certainly would not vote against him for this: what he is opposed to is the Dream Act. I can buy that as well. Thus I think maybe, the crap about his being pro illegals might blow up in somes faces and that would not be his.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections