Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Why is that?
He's WINNING or placing second or third in all the polls.

Do you think Americans are "happy" with where the country is headed? If so you may be right because none of the candidates except for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and 3rd party candidates offer any alternative to what we've had for the last 5 years or so or really 11 years. If people want the country flushed down the toilet, vote for Obama, Perry or Romney.

I'd like to think Americans would come to their senses before the election and realize what has been going on and for the first time in many decades vote for someone who will do GOOD for the country and not just be a puppet to the global elites.
And that is YOUR point of view, doesn't mean that most will agree with you nor that you are correct.

The country certainly has some problems/challenges, and Obama isn't faring well with his historical base of supporters. However, I do not see them migrating to a candidate like Ron Paul when his very extensive voting record, and statements, come under comprehensive public scrutiny.

By the way, Paul hasn't been clearing 12% among Republican primary voters in any of the major legitimate polls I've seen (CNN, Fox, Quinnipiac, Gallup and Rasmussen). Just like in 2008, he seems to have avid supporters, but a pretty clear support ceiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM

By the way...if Ron Paul would be getting close to the nomination, this clip (beginning at the 2 minute mark) would get a LOT of public play:

"Ron Paul Believes Businesses Should Be Allowed To Put Up A 'NO BLACKS' Sign!" Rachel Maddow - YouTube

Ron Paul cannot get elected with his affirmation that private businesses should be allowed to discriminate in who they'd choose to serve.

Very few liberals would vote for him after watching this tape. They would either not vote, or hold their nose and vote for Obama.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
By the way...if Ron Paul would be getting close to the nomination, this clip (beginning at the 2 minute mark) would get a LOT of public play:

"Ron Paul Believes Businesses Should Be Allowed To Put Up A 'NO BLACKS' Sign!" Rachel Maddow - YouTube

Ron Paul cannot get elected with his affirmation that private businesses should be allowed to discriminate in who they'd choose to serve.

Very few liberals would vote for him after watching this tape. They would either not vote, or hold their nose and vote for Obama.
You mean some of the liberals who want to pick and choose when to apply freedom and liberty?
You cannot pick and choose, that is managing someones rights.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 AM

888 posts, read 888,386 times
Quote:

You are exactly right!
Spot On!

If Ron Paul allowed Heroin to be legal, I would go out and buy some right away. I would be snorting plenty of Cocaine if Ron Paul made it legal too, I would be smoking weed like there was no tomorrow if Ron Paul made it legal. I would have about 3-4 wives living with me, and I'd be pulling the trigger against anyone who came at my front door without calling first. Ron Paul would surely allow me to kill anyone who came on my property. I'd fight to outlaw abortion clinics in my state, and I would be posting signs all over my business: "No Blacks, No Asians, No Non-Hispanic Whites" and then I'd make sure we'd have separate water fountains for all different races, separate supermarkets - come to think of it I might just outlaw non-hispanic white people from entering in the city where I live. I'll probably take on a few white slaves, since slavery will surely be legal under Ron Paul. I will put prostitutes of all ages on every street corner. I cannot wait

So, yeah you are so right, a Ron Paul administration would just allow me to go nuts... I would do ANYTHING as long as it was legal...so I am sure liberals would never go for that.

I cannot wait for Ron Paul to be president so I can start using Heroin legally in 2012!!!!!!

Last edited by Michael Di Meo; 09-04-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You mean some of the liberals who want to pick and choose when to apply freedom and liberty?
You cannot pick and choose, that is managing someones rights.
But, the point is how will liberals see Paul's overall positions in comparison to other candidates.

What you are pointing out is why you support Paul, what I'm pointing out is why I believe you will be disappointed if anticipating liberals to eventually support Ron Paul.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
And that is YOUR point of view, doesn't mean that most will agree with you nor that you are correct.

The country certainly has some problems/challenges, and Obama isn't faring well with his historical base of supporters. However, I do not see them migrating to a candidate like Ron Paul when his very extensive voting record, and statements, come under comprehensive public scrutiny.

By the way, Paul hasn't been clearing 12% among Republican primary voters in any of the major legitimate polls I've seen (CNN, Fox, Quinnipiac, Gallup and Rasmussen). Just like in 2008, he seems to have avid supporters, but a pretty clear support ceiling.
Well Perry has 26% and nobody has even seen him ih a debate yet or noticed all of the skeletons he has in his closet. Some of the supporters will end up with Ron Paul after they figure out he just doesn't pay lip service to issues. He walks the walk too. It is still early. Also Ron Paul is literally shaping the entire race with the issues to be discussed. The other candidates don't know a fraction as much about them as he does. As soon as they start showing their ignorance about the Constiution the people will figure out. Who is the smartest and who has the best plan and the right priorities for the country..

Old 09-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Well Perry has 26% and nobody has even seen him in a debate yet or noticed all of the skeletons he has in his closet. Some of the supporters will end up with Ron Paul after they figure out he just doesn't pay lip service to issues. He walks the walk too. It is still early. Also Ron Paul is literally shaping the entire race with the issues. The other candidates don't know a fraction as much about them as he does.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:33 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
But, the point is how will liberals see Paul's overall positions in comparison to other candidates.

What you are pointing out is why you support Paul, what I'm pointing out is why I believe you will be disappointed if anticipating liberals to eventually support Ron Paul.
There are always partisans but I give the liberals more credit than you do I guess. Maybe I'm hoping.

this is what you pointed out in your previous post a to the reasons.

Once the discussion switches over to Ron Paul's past votes on jobs, minority rights, abolishing Social Security, minimum wage, abortion and hate crime legislation the support from liberals will completely evaporate.
I disagree with some of your reasons. People are coming around on what freedom and liberty is.

There is no such thing as minority rights. (dunno if you believe that or if you are saying libs believe that) Rights are for everyone. Which goes hand in hand with the silly hate crime laws.

He doesn't want to abolish social security his plan is to take care of our promises to the ones who paid in and allow people to opt out. (are you saying libs believe he wants to abolish SS?)

I have yet to see minimum wage laws mean much in discussions on whom to vote for.

I'm pro life and dont see an abortion ban in my lifetime. I don't see how making it a states rights issue is going to change things.

Past vote on jobs??? Why would liberals in their right mind want government to manage the economy and try to create jobs? They are horrible at it.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There are always partisans but I give the liberals more credit than you do I guess. Maybe I'm hoping.

this is what you pointed out in your previous post a to the reasons.

Once the discussion switches over to Ron Paul's past votes on jobs, minority rights, abolishing Social Security, minimum wage, abortion and hate crime legislation the support from liberals will completely evaporate.
I disagree with some of your reasons. People are coming around on what freedom and liberty is.

There is no such thing as minority rights. (dunno if you believe that or if you are saying libs believe that) Rights are for everyone. Which goes hand in hand with the silly hate crime laws.

He doesn't want to abolish social security his plan is to take care of our promises to the ones who paid in and allow people to opt out. (are you saying libs believe he wants to abolish SS?)

I have yet to see minimum wage laws mean much in discussions on whom to vote for.

I'm pro life and dont see an abortion ban in my lifetime. I don't see how making it a states rights issue is going to change things.

Past vote on jobs??? Why would liberals in their right mind want government to manage the economy and try to create jobs? They are horrible at it.
I agree with Loveshiscountry. The issues aren't the usual issues they've been in past elections. We certainly can't afford another 4 years with a status quo president. The country is teetering on the brink of disaster. We need a PRO to go in their and clean up the mess and restore basic things we all used to have such as LIBERTY by repealing the Patriot Act. We need an expert Austrian Economist Nobody, except for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and third party candidates even mention that.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen that clip. Geeze Louise! Don't people know how to LISTEN???????? When are people going to learn how to UNSPIN the MEDIA SPIN??????????????????????

Ron Paul is the kindest sweetest most knowlegable hardworking honest candidate we've had running for President certainly in the last 50 years and he's made his views quite evident. He thinks laws should be based on the U.S. Constitution and NOT the personal views of the President in office. If he could have his way I'm sure all businesses would be opened to everyone. However,if the Constitution says business owners have the right to choose who they want to do business with, SO BE IT. There are lots of MEN's clubs that won't let women join and vise versa. If a business owner is stupid enough to exclude a whole segment of society as potential prospects SO BE IT. The minority excluded is better off with that info knowing their money isn't welcome there and the quicker he can go elsewhere where it IS welcome.

As Ron Paul has said over and over, ad nauseum in fact, (but the Media is sure SLOW on the UPTAKE),
in a country with FREEDOM of speech and property rights, people are going to be able to pick and choose who they want to do business with. Not everyone is going to like it but the SMART business owners will make their businesses INCLUSIVE rather than EXCLUSIVE.

If you happen to be one of the ones being discriminated against, isn't it better to know ahead of time the organization doesn't want you so you can avoid them and go elsewhere???? It isn't the end of the world if you can't get into every club, organization or business in the country.There are plenty of others that will welcome you with open arms.

By the same token, if you are running the organization, you can be selective IN A FREE COUNTRY like we used to have.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-04-2011 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections