Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 PM

865 posts, read 679,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Denial is a sad thing...
So then I should feel sorry for you for being in denial? I don't get your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM

58 posts, read 52,717 times
All politicians play "dirty" somehow, that's politics. Obama is no different.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Ron Paul could object to Obama's request - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Evidently Obama has surprised everyone with a request to address a joint session of Congress the same night as the GOP debates in California.

Can you believe how CRASS that is on the President's part? He knows full well Ron Paul and Michele Bachman are going to be at the debate that evening.
John B. has already asked the White House to reconsider. This was on about 3 different news broadcasts last night. I guess we will hear more today.

Nita

Old 09-01-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
sorry to burst your bubble op, but obama has agreed to boehner's request and now will speak on sept 8!

Timing clash settled, Obama sets sights on speech (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/08/31/national/w144949D80.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)
Thanks for filling us in, I sure missed that one. I first heard about the conflict early last night and then twice around 7 or so pm. Obama agreeing must have come after that.

Nita

Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,518,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
So you think Obammy's feelin' the heat, Em? Isn't that a good sign?
I think you may be on to something. Boener grew a spine and told the President "no" tha the address would have to be the next night. That is the first time a President has been refused a request to address Congress I guess.

Rumor has it that the reason he wanted to do it was to keep Perry from having to debate Ron Paul and some people think that Romney visibly sweats when asked about the Constitution.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM

4,229 posts, read 4,226,313 times
Here come QE3 or stimulus # 4 or 5

Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,181,536 times
It's funny how Obama supporters try to spin this as Obama being courteous now that he agreed to reschedule. The fact is, Obama tried to upstage the Republican debate by giving a speech the same night, thinking that the Republicans would be forced to comply. But they didn't. Obama's little tactic blew up in his face and he bowed down to the will of John Boehner. What a weakling.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
sorry to burst your bubble op, but obama has agreed to boehner's request and now will speak on sept 8!

Timing clash settled, Obama sets sights on speech (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/08/31/national/w144949D80.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)
I know that. The debate is on the 7th silly. Originally though, Obama wanted to have his big address and announcement of the biggest continuing lie of his candidacy that the Federal Government is going to "create jobs" on the 7th.

Obama backs off on speech timing, returning Sept. 7 spotlight to Simi GOP debate » Ventura County Star

Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint00 View Post
All politicians play "dirty" somehow, that's politics. Obama is no different.
This is the first for a president to try something like this though.

I think his sabotage attempts are a little OBVIOUS. Also what he was going to announce involved MORE SPENDING. No, EXCUSE ME. Obama doesn't spend. He is "responsible". He INVESTS( as if there is a difference). He was going to announce $50 million dollars to spend building new schools as if they were going to change how teachers teach and kids learn.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is the first for a president to try something like this though.

I think his sabotage attempts are a little OBVIOUS. Also what he was going to announce involved MORE SPENDING. No, EXCUSE ME. Obama doesn't spend. He is "responsible". He INVESTS( as if there is a difference). He was going to announce $50 million dollars to spend building new schools as if they were going to change how teachers teach and kids learn.
50 mil or 50 bil? I would guess 50 bil. You don't think that will help kids learn better so they can go to college, get advanced degrees, all become engineers and then not be able to get jobs? Of course after they get their degrees and can not get jobs, we can continue to pay them unemployment, but by then Obama will be gone. He will have riden off to someplace outside of the cont USA probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections