Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry, just another candidate force-fed to you by the media. The sheepies will vote for either him or Obama, thinking they are actually making a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 06:19 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
I believe Perry or Romney have the best chances of winning against Obama. Maybe Palin, but it doesn't look like she will run.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:21 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Well, just kidding about the "Shock" part. I think most people saw this coming.

Perry 44% Obama 41%; President Leads Other GOP Hopefuls - Rasmussen Reports™

What are your conclusions about this? Mine are:

* Badmouthing by the media seems to have a reverse effect, at least on the GOP candidates. When people were asking for Ron Paul to receive more coverage by the media, they should have specified negative coverage.

* People will continue to suspect Perry is the flavor of the month, and that's fine. Maybe it will turn out to be true, we'll see after the debates. But what does it say about the other GOP candidates, who seem to fall as Rick Perry's number goes up (none of the other GOP hopefuls even tie with the president in this poll)? It's got to be somewhat disconcerting that the others could so easily slide. Their support does not seem to be very solid.
My conclusion is that polls are ridiculous and there's a lot of ignorant sheep in America.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM

146 posts, read 89,207 times
Whenever someone doesn't follow the POV of certain posters, they are sheep, sheepies, sheeple. I wonder of those posters ever consider they themselves might be the sheep?

Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Perry's book should give pause to any Republican considering supporting him for the nomination. It's quite damning.

I would love for Perry to win as Obama would trounce him, however, Perry is a horrible debater. Romney is stiff, so Perry might have a pretty good chance.

I still stand by my opinion that the candidate that can beat Obama in 2012 has yet to be found, if such a candidate exists.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think that any "poll" that has any Republican candidate ahead of this great President is a sham.
"Great president?" Where? It sure ain't the current one!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Rick Perry, just another candidate force-fed to you by the media. The sheepies will vote for either him or Obama, thinking they are actually making a choice.
This might be hard for you to accept, but the attention Perry is getting is from those who supported him before the media got into the picture. In fact the media is not in love with him. Now, Obama was pushed down the throats of many by the media 3 and 4 years ago. He was just anothing senator that didn't even vote 1/2 the time.

Nita

Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Romney could still win it for the GOP once the media digs deeper into this.

Perry's fiery 'Fed Up!' may come back to haunt him

Perry's fiery 'Fed Up!' may come back to haunt him - Yahoo! News

Old 09-03-2011, 10:56 PM

146 posts, read 89,207 times
President Perry. Has a nice ring to it.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The conservative pollsters have a +/- of 3 percent so it could be a dead heat. Not surprising. The country does not know who Perry is yet. All most of the country knows is that he is a good looking man who wears nice suits. Everyone already knows Obama. Anything bad has been sifted over in fine detail. Wait to the Country gets to know the Pink Cowboy. He is going to fall like a rock.
Lol, the left is in full fledged panic mode. They are starting their smear campaign early tis cycle. Too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections