Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,028,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
If he is a man of his word he would quit. Early in his presidency (if I remember correctly)he stated if people thought he was taking this country in the wrong direction he would quit.

I would love to see someone else in office.. Anybody except Obama, or any candidate backed by the tea party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
If he is a man of his word he would quit. Early in his presidency (if I remember correctly)he stated if people thought he was taking this country in the wrong direction he would quit.

I would love to see someone else in office.. Anybody except Obama, or any candidate backed by the tea party.
I'm not overly thrilled about the president either, but to have any of those Koch brother, lackeys in office is the worst thing that can happen for anyone who is not wealthy

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,760,699 times
Quote:
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.
Sources?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,344,027 times
Quote:

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?

No, it is just more negative propaganda from the very wealthy to the very ignorant. If he were to step down, why try an negotiate with with close minded azzwipes?

Do you really believe such non-sense? If so it would be because of a lack of understanding how the economic system works and how much the American sheeple can be manipulated by the media.

Were you one of the people that fell for the teabaggers claim that they were for "providing jobs" and once they got in immediately fought for tax breaks for the rich?

Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,676,344 times
^ Good point..... but Ford was the incumbant and he was running for election so that's why I included him. I did my research from the beginning (Washington) and there was a run of 4 or 5 in a row that lost their reelection bid at the turn of the 19th century which helped even the odds out. But you are correct that since 1900 (which is NOT a small sample) incumbants have had an easier time of it.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,648,533 times
I'd love to know where this "chatter" came from. Not even the usual link to some website or poll. Push come to shove, I could make up some chatter myself.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,485,516 times
HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.
2. Name it 'Barack Obama'.
3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.
4. Empty the Recycle Bin.
5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'Barack Obama?'
6. Firmly Click 'Yes.'
7. Feel better?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,953,556 times
I think sickofnyc is onto something... I think if Obama loses, every African American participant in P&OC should take a year off to get the stench of the irrational, race based hatred of Obama out of their hair and clothes. I mean... all Obama is doing is behaving like a centrist Democrat! What the @#$%$# didja's expect??? Put your GOP puppet in office and have done with it, but as long as there is a Democrat in the Oval Office... ... you all don't know how lucky you were to get Obama. Maybe you would have had to assasinate Hillary because you are smoking something if you think she wouldn't have made Clintoncare priority one. And it would pass and it wouldn't have a 2014 kick in. The real reason this country is falling from international prominence is because it is populated by some of the dumbest people in existence. Dumb! DUMB!!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
Maybe this is what so many thought last week, even my friend who told me, he would perhaps announce he would not run.

However this week, i see no proof this is going to happen. I see a speech, as usual, to sell his election once again. Sure it will be about jobs, but to sell hemself again. How many can see thru this.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I think sickofnyc is onto something... I think if Obama loses, every African American participant in P&OC should take a year off to get the stench of the irrational, race based hatred of Obama out of their hair and clothes. I mean... all Obama is doing is behaving like a centrist Democrat!
More like a leftist Republican. He's too conservative to be a centrist Dem.

Quote:
What the @#$%$# didja's expect??? Put your GOP puppet in office and have done with it, but as long as there is a Democrat in the Oval Office... ... you all don't know how lucky you were to get Obama. Maybe you would have had to assasinate Hillary because you are smoking something if you think she wouldn't have made Clintoncare priority one. And it would pass and it wouldn't have a 2014 kick in. The real reason this country is falling from international prominence is because it is populated by some of the dumbest people in existence. Dumb! DUMB!!!!!
Spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections