Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,665,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
I was out at a meeting so I didn't hear the speech, but I'm a little curious.

How did this "chatter" you claim you had been picking up work out? Did he announce his resignation?

Have you talked to any of the people you claim you heard it from and asked them what went wrong?

Or is there, perhaps, another explanation for this so-called chatter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,538,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
And I have some Florida swampland for sale cheap...IF you're interested......also the Brooklyn Bridge.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I was out at a meeting so I didn't hear the speech, but I'm a little curious.

How did this "chatter" you claim you had been picking up work out? Did he announce his resignation?

Have you talked to any of the people you claim you heard it from and asked them what went wrong?

Or is there, perhaps, another explanation for this so-called chatter?
He pushed stimulus 3 for government workers and new taxes on high wage earners and business so we can just kill anything left that makes money.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gee-wiz Donna-501, can you name a sitting president who won an additional term with a Gallup job approval rating below 52%?
and what was George H Bush's rating at and he lost.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and what was George H Bush's rating at and he lost.
Bush 1 almost ran like he wasn't trying till the end.
He also has for 6 months out of recession due to all the bank failures of Carter back then and the press didn't report positive economic news till after W.H. lost the White House.

ONCE he said no new taxes. He raised one tax and the people removed him.
Since then the Democrats have been raising taxes through the roof and they have yet to have their feet held to the fire as they should be.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Bush 1 almost ran like he wasn't trying till the end.
He also has for 6 months out of recession due to all the bank failures of Carter back then and the press didn't report positive economic news till after W.H. lost the White House.

ONCE he said no new taxes. He raised one tax and the people removed him.
Since then the Democrats have been raising taxes through the roof and they have yet to have their feet held to the fire as they should be.
I don't think raising taxes is the real probelm, the only probelm that repubs have is raising THEIR taxes. This has not been done correctly in over 10 years (and counting)

Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
He pushed stimulus 3 for government workers and new taxes on high wage earners and business so we can just kill anything left that makes money.
All of that HATERADE that you have been drinking should have quenched your thirst by now

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Why anyone would want to be president of anything ill never understand. Its obvious its a tough & thankless job. Even if obama wasnt re-elected he will still receive x amount of money & benefits monthly for the rest of his life. He also will have secret service for himself, his wife & 2 kids for the rest of their lives. I never did understand why the govt does that. Does anyone ?
Because Bush/Cheney, would have been dead way before the helicopter took off after the election. After this last "experiment" with a black president, and the numerous threats, racial tauts and overall lack of respect given him I wonder if another blackman would run again (maybe that was the plan from the begining)

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,665,428 times
Quote:
Not talking to you, bub.

Heritage Member started the thread with a claim that he had been receiving "chatter" that President Obama was going to announce his resignation in this speech. I was merely inquiring as to how well this chatter was borne out, and from whom it had been received.

The lack of response from the OP tells us all we need to know about whether there was any "chatter" or whether the OP just made it up.

Of course, as we've learned, anyone can make up any bogus story they want about anything.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,338,717 times
Maybe the chatter was that the speech was going to help his reelection chance plummet.......even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections