Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 PM

773 posts, read 504,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
My dem friends are not voting for him if he is too run, and my black friends will not be supporting him this time around, should he run.
That is the word on the streets. If Obama runs, without some major turnaround, it is unlikely he can win. If he bows out and a contender, such as Hillary, comes in they stand more of a chance.

The way I see it now is Obama has failed to listen to the will of the people, hence the awful position we are in. The left loved the fact that he refused to listen to people and just pushed along his angry way. Now that the chances of the liberals maintaining control slips away a bit each day, they are starting to push for Obama not to run. If he does run, then the left will know what it is like for him not to listen to the will of the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I know many Democrats also want Hillary to run a primary against him to get a chance at the White House again in 2012.
Yep!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

Clinton versus Perry or Bachmann, LMFAO, no contest.
Bachman is out. Say crazy things and shoot yourself in the foot. Bye bye. It will be either Perry or Romney. I need to learn more about Perry, but Romney is enough of a RINO to get votes from the middle and slight left.

Unless things drastically change I say Romney easily beats Obama and puts up a good fight against Hillary. The left knows this and some segments are trying to out Obama as fast as possible. Of course to save face they want it to be on his make believe terms.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
Do you think the black man and his black family liked being used as token minorities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,408,000 times
Quote:
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
All I can say is please don't Toy with us.

brushrunner

Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You mean your dem friends and your black friends will vote Romney or Perry? Don't think so. They'll stay home....and so will a lot of Independents who want no part of the GOP/Big Business machine that dug us into this hole.
Setting aside the fact that plenty of democrats (Frank, Dodd, Carter, Clinton and Waters) had PLENTY to do with this mess as well, your other point is in fact the reason why one of a number of republicans can win.

If your side stays home, there side wins.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you think the black man and his black family liked being used as token minorities?
I still haven't figured that out. Remember, I voted for him in the primary because I fell for everything. It wasn't until later until my eyes were opened that I understood what a mistake I made.

I do not know if he knows how he was used or if he was using the establishment without them even knowing. Either way, there is trouble in the make believe paradise.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:09 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,730,676 times
Quote:
Setting aside the fact that plenty of democrats (Frank, Dodd, Carter, Clinton and Waters) had PLENTY to do with this mess as well, your other point is in fact the reason why one of a number of republicans can win.

If your side stays home, there side wins.
Point of clarification - Democrats are NOT my side. They are as bad in their way as the GOP is in theirs. I'm an independent conservative who is utterly fed up with both "sides".

A lot of Independents are going to stay home, too, and Republicans need them badly to have a chance to win.

And there's a lot more behind this mess than the housing crisis....that's only the latest chapter in a story that is decades old.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Quote:

This is absolutely too good to be true. No I do not feel that this would ever happen. This man is all for himself and I am sure that he will run again. Hopefully he won't be reelected.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,049,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Point of clarification - Democrats are NOT my side. They are as bad in their way as the GOP is in theirs. I'm an independent conservative who is utterly fed up with both "sides".
This, although switch "conservative" with "liberal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections