Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times

Advertisements

Here's on article on this topic that is pretty damn funny.

The Young Turks: WikiLeaks Shocker - Obama Won't Seek Re-election ...-

Excerpt:

Sometime in the coming weeks, Wiki Leaks is expected to release classified internal documents from Goldman Sachs. These documents reportedly confirm that Obama has decided not to seek re-election. Rather, he has already agreed to join Goldman Sachs at the end of his current term.

People familiar with the documents say that the President has become frustrated with his limited ability to effect U.S. policy as the titular head of the puppet government, run for our distraction in Washington. In his new position with Goldman, he would report directly to Lloyd Blankfine, rather than through intermediaries as he does today. Obama is said to be thrilled at the prospect of being this close to the actual levers of power, and has high hopes of having significant input regarding U.S. policy with this direct access to Blankfine and the Goldman Board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL Can't stand the fact that Obama is a LOSER and has nothing right yet.
Obama is a loser only to idiots.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

Clinton versus Perry or Bachmann, LMFAO, no contest.
Hillary is too corrupt to be a viable candidate.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
What did you pick up?

IF it happens, I am hearing it will go like this:

He will do a recap of what was. How bad it was and how his policies saved us.

Then he will present his vision. You know, more spending and less resistance to progressivism.

Then the shocker. He will say that he feels so strongly about it, he has decided to not run again so he can focus his time on working with both sides to fix the economy and not have any distractions. He will try to go out like a hero.

Now I am not predicting this, but where there is smoke, there usually is a fire.
That is not exactly what she told me. She said Obama feels he can be a better one term President, then trying to go for two term and get beat. And that members of his own party are urging him not to run, unless things get much better with the economy. And also with unemployment.

She said he feels if he does make the announcement, he feels this will give him time to get things done that need to get done. And that he may have an easier time of passing things that he wants to pass. You know only time will tell ha. No one is an expert, we will just wait it out. If this is his time to go, that is the will. If not he will run again, really not for us to decide, whether we like him or not.

She said most of the Democrats feel that this is a really great way to go out, and that if he does go out in this way, and the economy improves, this looks good for the Dems. And their chances look better to them.

She also said that Obama is taking into consideration, if he announces he is not going to run, that perhaps things are going to pick up where as now they are staying stagnet.

Do not get on my case, this is info from my sister inlaw, if she is wrong i will be very happy to tell her. Honestly i don't like nor care for Obama and never have lied about that, but one thing is, that i don't see Obama being a quitter and being urged not to run, by members of his party, and not his own mind. I think he will weigh all his options, even with the urging of fellow democrats.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-01-2011 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Two people probably won't make much of a difference in the election results.
I wish i only had 2 friends believe me, actually have too many friends, way to many. Hard keeping up with all of them. The majority of the people who come to their senses will make a difference. My gosh Obama himself can see this.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,606,682 times
Quote:
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
I don't think he would quit he still has time to pick up his numbers. The only way I could see him stepping down is if by next year his approval numbers are around the 20-30% range (or worse) then perhaps some of the dems will start suggesting he step down and give a stronger candidate a chance.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM

888 posts, read 888,529 times
Quote:
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.
That would be too good to be true.

Quote:
Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
Speculation is useless, there is only one way to find out

Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
That would be too good to be true.

Speculation is useless, there is only one way to find out
Your so right, without any of us on this forum not being experts, we merely speculate, and give our best opinions, some will agree some will not, and that is the beauty of it all, we can agree to disagree.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,577,722 times
Quote:

Let it be true, please God, Allah, whoever. You got me all exited, but I don't believe it. He has 500 more days to screw with this country, he won't give up so easily. Not seeking reelection is only the half of it, I want his resignation yesterday. Go spend more time with your family and fellow mobsters in Chicago or Africa, get the hell out of our house!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Let it be true, please God, Allah, whoever. You got me all exited, but I don't believe it. He has 500 more days to screw with this country, he won't give up so easily. Not seeking reelection is only the half of it, I want his resignation yesterday. Go spend more time with your family and fellow mobsters in Chicago or Africa, get the hell out of our house!
This said about one of the cleanest, scandal-free administrations we've had in a long time. Mmm hmmm.... you're not a racist of course, just a person with a very skewed perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections