Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,383,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Let it be true, please God, Allah, whoever. You got me all exited, but I don't believe it. He has 500 more days to screw with this country, he won't give up so easily. Not seeking reelection is only the half of it, I want his resignation yesterday. Go spend more time with your family and fellow mobsters in Chicago or Africa, get the hell out of our house!
Lets have him wait at least 8 months to do the trick. If he leaves we are stuck with Joe Biden and I can't stand the thought of that. Then if Biden should come awake and resign we would be stuck with Boehner. I just can't stand that one at all. Both Biden and Boehner are establishment politicians and we don't need any more of them.

I guess if we could find a way to get Allen West or Herman Cain to serve out the remainder of this term I could be happy, at least think there could be some good come from it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,700,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Lets have him wait at least 8 months to do the trick. If he leaves we are stuck with Joe Biden and I can't stand the thought of that. Then if Biden should come awake and resign we would be stuck with Boehner. I just can't stand that one at all. Both Biden and Boehner are establishment politicians and we don't need any more of them.

I guess if we could find a way to get Allen West or Herman Cain to serve out the remainder of this term I could be happy, at least think there could be some good come from it all.
Any black man will do, huh? So long as he's not Obama. Too bad Richard Pryor is dead now, eh?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,252,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As you recall... only Republicans lost in the Wisconsin recalls.
That's probably a matter of perspective considering the Democrats intent was to replace all of the Republicans. Sounds to me more like a big loss for the Donks.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,230,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I have been picking up some chatter suggesting Obama will shock America in his jobs speech next week, when he announces among things that he will not run for re-election in 2012. Chatter suggests this is why he is requesting his announcement be on such a grand stage.

Do you feel this could actually happen and would there be an immediate burst of positive economic activity as a result?
On your crystal ball? Quit visiting nutcase websites.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,383,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Any black man will do, huh? So long as he's not Obama. Too bad Richard Pryor is dead now, eh?
Either of those black men would suit me for the next term. One of them is really black and the other would be an excellent choice as far as I am concerned.

BTW, there are no men at all other than Gingrich running in the other party that I can accept. Now the women are acceptable for me.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,099,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sounds like a good idea. If the Democrats put a viable candidate in his place, like Hilary, there is no way in hell the GOP/Tea Party will win in 2012.

Clinton versus Perry or Bachmann, LMFAO, no contest.
So would that officially make Bill the First Lady? We all know who was wearing the pants when he was president. Hell, his pants were off half the time anyways chasing beastly looking interns around the Whitehouse.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 PM

38,706 posts, read 26,515,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
No, I don't think it will happen. His ego is too big.

In the end, that may be precisely why he chooses to not run.

Being defeated might be an unacceptable risk for him, and the numbers certainly don't look good.

He could claim the emergence of the Tea Party Movement is an expression of white racism which has hampered his ability to govern and still play the hero to his base.

Also, declaring he won't be running will give him the ability to rule as a dictator without worrying about public sentiment, Congress or even impeachment. You can't fire a guy who already quit.

I heard a clip from a recent Obama campaign speech last week. He sounded defeated already as he stumbled along attempting to make his actions in office sound like wise policy. At this point, he may be trying to avoid being trapped in an unwinnable campaign by staying in too long the way Carter did.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,156,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Also, declaring he won't be running will give him the ability to rule as a dictator without worrying about public sentiment, Congress or even impeachment.
Ok, I'll bite, just because I'm bored.
Explain this theory, please?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Hillary??

I don't think even she is crazy enough to try that.

I hear her schedule is open in 2013.

The money and the machine are already in place.

All she has to do is announce.

I don't see a coronation though.

Hilary Clinton has always had extremely high negatives.

"If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton!"

- Jeff Foxworthy

Old 09-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ok, I'll bite, just because I'm bored.
Explain this theory, please?

What could you possibly not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections