Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
What comments? You mean when he told you it was blow back because that is what the terrorists said it was? The terrorists never said it was because they hate our "freedom."

Please don't believe the fox news talking points about them attacking us because they hate our "freedom," that is a lie.
Paul is right on this issue. The reason that Bin Laden was so pissed at the U.S. is because the U.S. has military bases in his home country of Saudia Arabia...infidels on holy soil bs, but anyway, if we had stopped meddling in the middle east, probably would never had 9/11. "They hate our freedom" BS is just stupid. Who in the world believes that crap.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Ron Paul never blamed America for 9/11, he has consistently refered to it as "blow-back" from an interventionist policy that was inevitable. He does not justify it or make excuses for it - he just states a common sense fact.
Regardless what he meant, what he said would be a treasure trove for the democrats.

don't doubt for one minute the dems/obama wouldn't use that narrative.

Besides, the guy is too old.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Rick Perry to provide the leadership.

Ron Paul to provide the policy.

While I have not exactly thrown total support behind either candidate, I believe this could be a quite effective pairing of candidates for the GOP ticket.

this can't happen, you can't have 2 candidates from the same state on the ticket, or is certainly has always been that way, plus I doubt either would want the other on his ticket. Basically you do have a good idea, too bad it won't work.

Nita

Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
This ticket WILL NEVER HAPPEN! Both are from Texas and THAT has never happened on a ticket (both candidates being from the same state) and (that alone) would bring more trouble to the ticket than any boon they may receive.
It sure did, with Bush Jr/Cheney.
Although "technically" Cheney stated he was
from "Wyoming", for all intent purposes he was Texas
through and through and had lived there permanently from
at the least, 1995.

Bush Jr/Cheney violated the 12 amendment
"no Pres/VP should be inhabitants from the same state"
but with Cheney .... Violations .... whose counting anymore

Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Ron Paul never blamed America for 9/11, he has consistently refered to it as "blow-back" from an interventionist policy that was inevitable. He does not justify it or make excuses for it - he just states a common sense fact.
Sorry, go back and see if you can find one of the early debates in 2007 or early 2008. THat was the first time I had heard of the guy and I was shocked at the way he claimed Armerica was responsible. I guess that also shows how much Texans, overall know about Paul. Most of us didn't even know his name then and many, I know, still living in Texas know little about him. I guess that says something about his leadership in congress.

Nita

Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It sure did, with Bush Jr/Cheney.
Although "technically" Cheney stated he was
from "Wyoming", for all intent purposes he was Texas
through and through and had lived there permanently from
at the least, 1995.

Bush Jr/Cheney violated the 12 amendment
"no Pres/VP should be inhabitants from the same state"
but with Cheney .... Violations .... whose counting anymore
It has to do with where you reside and where you vote. Sure, you can have a home even in the same state, but you can't be a registered voter in that state.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Sorry, go back and see if you can find one of the early debates in 2007 or early 2008. THat was the first time I had heard of the guy and I was shocked at the way he claimed Armerica was responsible. I guess that also shows how much Texans, overall know about Paul. Most of us didn't even know his name then and many, I know, still living in Texas know little about him. I guess that says something about his leadership in congress.

Nita
Um... no, that is what Fox News implied. It was taken way out of context. Go find the debate and show me where his exact words were "America is responsible"

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
It has to do with where you reside and where you vote. Sure, you can have a home even in the same state, but you can't be a registered voter in that state.
I know - Cheney modified his voter registration before
the election back to Wyoming.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times
Quote:

Nita
I have heard him since 2007 and 2008. I am paraphrasing but he said the U.S. middle eastern interventionalist policy is what motivated the terrorists. It is true. SOme don't like it but it is simply true. If You don't believe Paul why don't you listen to what the people who actually planned the attack say motivated them. In Bin Ladins own words he has said that the motives for the attacks include the support of Israel by the United States, presence of the U. S. military in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the US enforcement of sanctions against Iraq.

You can't confuse motivation with justification. Paul has never said that they were justified in attacking the u.s., he only points out what motivated them to attack the U.S. He is absolutely correct. This conversation is not even worthy of debate as the perpetrators of the crime have cleared up any ambiguity, if there ever was any ambiguity.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,413,296 times
Quote:

Nita
Nope. He never said America was responsible for 9/11. He did state that these re-actions are the result of the actions of an interventionist policy. People may not want to hear that, but it is basic human nature (which he also points out over and over): when you stick your nose where it don't belong, it gets punched. We have been sticking our noses where it don't belong since WWI (and all out by the second one). This is absolutely contrary to what our forefathers clearly stated. They said we needed to stay away from the business of other countries and NOT to get into alliances that only serve to entangle us in their affairs. 9/11 is the result of both parties ignoring one of our founding principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections