Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Nope. He never said America was responsible for 9/11. He did state that these re-actions are the result of the actions of an interventionist policy. People may not want to hear that, but it is basic human nature (which he also points out over and over): when you stick your nose where it don't belong, it gets punched. We have been sticking our noses where it don't belong since WWI (and all out by the second one). This is absolutely contrary to what our forefathers clearly stated. They said we needed to stay away from the business of other countries and NOT to get into alliances that only serve to entangle us in their affairs. 9/11 is the result of both parties ignoring one of our founding principles.
Perry would pick up what Bush started and Obama has continued. My fear is that he would even expand the war effort. He is a rabid NeoCOn. They cannot be trusted.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
This conversation is not even worthy of debate as the perpetrators of the crime have cleared up any ambiguity, if there ever was any ambiguity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was shocked at the way he claimed Armerica was responsible.
Nita
I guess someone else needs a reading list sent to them.

In a press conference Paul presented a reading list for
Rudy, of books to better understand the consequences of U.S. foreign policy.

Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror by Michael Scheuer

Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism by Robert Anthony Pape

Blowback, Second Edition: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire by Chalmers A. Johnson

Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,413,714 times
Quote:
Perry would pick up what Bush started and Obama has continued. My fear is that he would even expand the war effort. He is a rabid NeoCOn. They cannot be trusted.
Yep! I agree.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times
Quote:
Exactly. Perry and really any republicans would "finish the job" in leading the country into a complete military industrialized fascist reign.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It sure did, with Bush Jr/Cheney.
Although "technically" Cheney stated he was
from "Wyoming", for all intent purposes he was Texas
through and through and had lived there permanently from
at the least, 1995.

Bush Jr/Cheney violated the 12 amendment
"no Pres/VP should be inhabitants from the same state"
but with Cheney .... Violations .... whose counting anymore
Not true. The quote you cite is in reference to the Electoral College, not to the candidates themselves. The President and the VP can be from the same state.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not true. The quote you cite is in reference to the Electoral College, not to the candidates themselves. The President and the VP can be from the same state.
paul and perry have nothing in common.

for you to even think they would partner up shows your lack of knowledge on ron paul.

you want the establishment illegal alien loving rick perry or romney, or whoever the republicans tell you to vote for.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
paul and perry have nothing in common.

for you to even think they would partner up shows your lack of knowledge on ron paul.

you want the establishment illegal alien loving rick perry or romney, or whoever the republicans tell you to vote for.
Who said I think they will partner up? There's your challenge. Don't hurt yourself.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,398 times
Quote:
Who said I think they will partner up? There's your challenge. Don't hurt yourself.
you said they should partner up.

i have no idea why you are rallying behind perry when he's a hispandering candidate like you said the dems were.

seems like your ok if he panders to hispanics as long as he's a republican and not a democrat.

your illegal alien boy perry cares more about juan the border jumper then americans, otherwise he wouldn't have signed pro illegal legislation like he has.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Stand corrected Cheney's a snake anyways

But, if your from a big state like TX you
want those Electoral votes.

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves". Therefore, the electors from any state are not permitted to cast a vote for two candidates from their own state."

If this had been the early 1900's it might have
made a difference. Today it's kind of irrelevant.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you said they should partner up.

i have no idea why you are rallying behind perry when he's a hispandering candidate like you said the dems were.

seems like your ok if he panders to hispanics as long as he's a republican and not a democrat.

your illegal alien boy perry cares more about juan the border jumper then americans, otherwise he wouldn't have signed pro illegal legislation like he has.
"Should" and "will" are two different things. Once again, you're not able to keep up.

Did you not see the part where I said haven't put total support behind either candidate? I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections