Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 PM

146 posts, read 89,352 times

Advertisements

I think danny is just a troll who loves to stir the pot and see what sort of outrage he can garner. I'm surprised by how many of these types populate C-D but the ignore feature is a useful function.

As to did Gore win? No. Worse, he and his thugs tried to steal an election and were slapped down for it. And thank God for the SC who finally said, ENOUGH! Look at Gore now - total loon just like his daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
I think danny is just a troll who loves to stir the pot and see what sort of outrage he can garner. I'm surprised by how many of these types populate C-D but the ignore feature is a useful function.

As to did Gore win? No. Worse, he and his thugs tried to steal an election and were slapped down for it. And thank God for the SC who finally said, ENOUGH! Look at Gore now - total loon just like his daddy.
A troll, by definition, is you, not me. I stay on topic and argue factually, while you have no argument and only launch personal attacks, as your reply indicates.

I strongly recommend you use the ignore function, as I do.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The 2000 vote was decided by the Supreme Court, not the electoral college.
Wrong. All the U.S. Supreme Court did was put a stop to the illegal, endless hand recounts. The U.S. Supreme Court asked the Florida Supreme Court why the hand recounts were continuing. When the Florida Supreme Court could not give a valid reason, the hand recounts were stopped (finally).

Old 09-03-2011, 02:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,065,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Leftists always affirm that Bush didn not really win the election. Are they right?
It doesn't matter.

algore only needed to win his home state, Tenn. where he and his father were long term senators.

4 little electoral votes would have made Fla. meaningless.

algore was a sitting VP.

If people from his own state didn't want him, well.........

Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times
Quote:
Leftists always affirm that Bush didn not really win the election. Are they right?

LMMFAO

And....I bet I can find posts from you mocking the birthers

Pot, meet kettle

Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,554,929 times
Quote:
No, they're left.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
LMMFAO

And....I bet I can find posts from you mocking the birthers

Pot, meet kettle
You can't compare.

Birthers base their arguments on myths. The debate on whether Al Gore won Florida or not is an argument based on legal doings.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
From wiki:

Quote:
Five justices agreed that December 12 (the date of the decision) was the deadline Florida had established for recounts (Kennedy, O'Connor, Rehnquist,[29] Scalia and Thomas in support; Breyer,[30] Ginsburg, Souter[31] and Stevens opposed). Justices Breyer and Souter wanted to remand the case to the Florida Supreme Court to permit that court to establish uniform standards of what constituted a legal vote and then manually recount all ballots using those standards.
If anyone ever still believed the USSC was even one iota interested in the integrity of the law and not partisanship it was this decision right here that would tell them otherwise. The five judges who would normally tend to be against the federal government intervening in the business of the state chose to have the federal government intervene. The four judges who normally had a tendency to favor federal power chose to remand the case back to the state courts. The liberals on the court were right; the case should have been remanded. This is the most odious partisan decision in the history of the USSC.

Having said all that Bush would have almost certainly won anyways if the oligarchs in black robes had remanded the case back to the Florida courts.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:39 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,220,608 times
Quote:
There is so much voter fraud and mishandled ballots I think someone needs to win by a large margin to know who really won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az461 View Post
Does anybody know by how many votes George W. Bush won by.

I remember a very long time back in 2004. When they were pushing the young people to vote, they said "Bush won by just 500 votes' I was stunned, but I am sure that information was not credible. I remember a commercial about that.
I think that was in one county in Florida.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,656,194 times
odanny fails to remember that the Dems were trying to disqualify the military votes and as someone said earlier, hand count in 3 Democrat controlled counties.

Bush won it fair and square and the only ones trying to steal anything were the left. Then again, they have a history of such shenanigans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections