Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Show me the numbers, not some evirowacko from think progress.

75% of the costs. Look it up.

Quote:
The White House granted "major disaster" status on Friday to 45 Texas counties that have been ravaged by wildfires.

The disaster declaration allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency to pick up 75 percent of the cost of battling the blazes, which burned between April 6 and May 3 in rural counties throughout West Texas, the Panhandle and East Texas.
Agreeing to aid, feds finally declare Texas wildfires a 'disaster' - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:00 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
I guess Rick Perry is finally going back to take care of the fires in Texas today...Strange that he won't be in the debate/forum in SC with the other candidates today. He said he had to miss it due to the fires. But I guess he felt ok about campaigning over the weekend...Just seems strange to me...I admire Gov. Christie and the other governors for "being present" during the hurricane...I wonder if Perry is afraid to be in a debate right now or ??? Some things just don't seem to "add-up" or make sense to me right now...Perry "went it alone" in SC when the other candidates were in Iowa. Just trying to figure him out.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:01 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I've looked it up on every link you've posted and found nothing, 75% of WHAT amount? Can you not tell me how much money TX has been given back from the feds?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I've looked it up on every link you've posted and found nothing, 75% of WHAT amount? Can you not tell me how much money TX has been given back from the feds?
I would think 75% of the whatever the costs are. Perhaps, that has not been totaled yet. What more do you want?

At least the federal government is taking care of Texas while Rick Perry is Brylcreaming his hair on the campaign trail.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He's giving his followers a taste of diminished government,
You want smaller less government interference ? get out your garden hose or fire extinguisher..
And as another example of double edged logic =
Why should my tax dollars go to supporting your Texas forest fires..
Let me know just how much of YOUR federal tax bill went to Texas fires and I will personally reimburse you....

Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Let me know just how much of YOUR federal tax bill went to Texas fires and I will personally reimburse you....
Perhaps you should just make a sizable donation to fighting the fires in your home state.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I would think 75% of the whatever the costs are. Perhaps, that has not been totaled yet. What more do you want?

At least the federal government is taking care of Texas while Rick Perry is Brylcreaming his hair on the campaign trail.
Well you asked if I wanted TX to get even more money but now you can't even tell me how much TX has gotten back yet at all. Sounds to me like the fed will reimburse TX after the fact with it's own money, doesn't it?

That in turn means that the fed gov. isn't taking are of anything, they're simply waiting until the disaster is over and they'll come in with some of the money we were forced to give them.

You can troll all you want about Rick Perry but your own words prove that you're clueless about what's really going on.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you should just make a sizable donation to fighting the fires in your home state.
We shouldn't have to make any donation, we pay taxes every year that ends up in DC and we only get a small portion of them back when we need them.

Rick Perry's hair has nothing to do with how screwed up FEMA or the federal gov. is.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Who is happy about it?

Rick Perry should be in Texas dealing with it-not campaigning about how he plans to make America better.
What about Dumbo in the White House? Shouldn't he stay there instead of running around the country on Air Force One at taxpayers expense campaigning.....

Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
We shouldn't have to make any donation, we pay taxes every year that ends up in DC and we only get a small portion of them back when we need them.

Rick Perry's hair has nothing to do with how screwed up FEMA or the federal gov. is.
The fed is paying for 75% of the costs. I might remind you that Texas is not the only state with weather related disasters this year. I might also remind you that Texas is not the only state in the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections