Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Wow, this amazes me. How some on here comment about a state, much less a local area that they either a. don't live there or b. don't work there. I work(oil fields) in west Texas and live in the DFW area. While the fires were bad out there, that is something that has happened in the past and will continue to happen year in and year out to some degree. Some of you want to say anything to degrade Texans and their politicans. We take care of our own, sorry if your states want constant handouts and are sellouts to a "higher power"(fed). Do we take in federal dollars, of course we do(who doesn't?). The difference is, we Texans know how to fend for ourselves and make the most out of a dismal situation and move forward instead of getting stuck in the muck that is DC politics.......Jealousy is a terrible thing, make your state a better place before commenting on another.
Yes, yes, Perry did send a letter to Obama asking for more federal aid before leaving Texas on the campaign trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Texas is a "friendly state". Texans just don't take kindly to stupid, liberal, dimbulbs, .......especially those who take pleasure in exploiting the misery of wildfires for political fodder. Your feigned "sorrow" is is disgusting.

Texas can do without your kind.
Not political fodder. Rick Perry has a job to do and he should be doing it. If Texas doesn't need his help now, Texas doesn't need Perry at all. As I wrote before, any fool can govern when there are no problems.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 AM

4,166 posts, read 6,299,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because Perry is not spending taxpayer money, it is okay for him to Brylocream up and go campaigning while Texas burns to a crisp?
I was never a big fan of Perry in the first place but he has sure dropped to the bottom of my list now...I saw pictures of the fires in Texas over the weekend and I wondered if Perry was there directing things. This morning I woke up to hear that Perry was going to miss the debate/forum later today to go back to Texas due to the fires...I couldn't help but feel suspicious about it! How could Perry justify being away campaigning all weekend long? The fires didn't just start today!....I don't know about you but I feel free to question Obama about everything too! All of the candidates including the president are subject to questioning. Don't you think?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,771,075 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, Perry did send a letter to Obama asking for more federal aid before leaving Texas on the campaign trail.

Dude, you really don't want to go there, now do you Mr. or Mrs. "Midwest"

Count your blessings your state(whichever one that is) did not go through the fires, much less have to work in that in environment, like I, and countless others did and do to this day.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,043 times
Quote:
Did that letter get forwarded to Obama in his million dollar tax payer funded campaign bus?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Not political fodder. Rick Perry has a job to do and he should be doing it. If Texas doesn't need his help now, Texas doesn't need Perry at all. As I wrote before, any fool can govern when there are no problems.
Are you ever going to explain what Rick Perry could do right now?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I was never a big fan of Perry in the first place but he has sure dropped to the bottom of my list now...I saw pictures of the fires in Texas over the weekend and I wondered if Perry was there directing things. This morning I woke up to hear that Perry was going to miss the debate/forum later today to go back to Texas due to the fires...I couldn't help but feel suspicious about it! How could Perry justify being away campaigning all weekend long? The fires didn't just start today!....I don't know about you but I feel free to question Obama about everything too! All of the candidates including the president are subject to questioning. Don't you think?
Do you live in TX?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Yes.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Rick Perry is busy on the campaign trail while the state he governs burns down! I thought Rick Perry was for the independence of states. What is he doing to help his state through this crisis?

Two dead, hundreds of homes burned in Texas wildfires | Reuters
If you're not a part of the solution then you're the problem. If you don't have a solution then you should leave the questioning to someone who does.

As other posters have inquired of you... what do YOU propose Perry do about the fires?

BTW, I did hear on local news that due to the fires, Perry is leaving the campaign trail to return to Texas. I could only supposed to engage in beer drinking for the purpose of dousing the fires. You got a better idea?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte..._campaign.html

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Tell this to the people who lived in the over 300 homes that burned down!
Why would those 300 unfortunates benefit from knowing that you had started yet another lame P&OC thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections