Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's sad how it seems the right only votes for the party and not the candidate. I can't wait to see Perry explaining his dubious actions, he's nothing but an opportunists.
The right only votes for the party and the left only votes for the skin color, both groups are pretty worthless IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,399,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The subject of where the funding finally comes from has nothing whatsoever to do with how the firefighters are supplied and how they fight the fire. TX is paying for what needs to be paid for, Perry is simply asking FEMA to give TX back enough of TX's money to cover 75% of the cost of these fires.
Well then I guess he is going to have to work that out with Eric Cantor, because Republican logic dictates that unless we have a war we cannot send disaster relief unless we find the cuts first. Besides that Texas will have to get in line behind California, they have been net contributors to the feds since the 1970s.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,858,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Well then I guess he is going to have to work that out with Eric Cantor, because Republican logic dictates that unless we have a war we cannot send disaster relief unless we find the cuts first.
I'm all finding more cuts, this funding isn't something that needs to happen tomorrow so make deep cuts where needed and send TX's money back to TX so they can pay for this wild fire issue.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,399,220 times
Quote:
I'm all finding more cuts, this funding isn't something that needs to happen tomorrow so make deep cuts where needed and send TX's money back to TX so they can pay for this wild fire issue.
You of all people should know you cannot command congress to do anything. California has been waiting for its money since the 1970s.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,035,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
the secret word here is: volunteer. Do you live in Texas or have you ever? Do you have any idea how much of the state is being covered by volunteer fire dept? Do you think the heading on your post is acurate? If you can answer yes, to any of these questions maybe you would have something to post about, but you can't and you don't.

Nita
he thinks Perry is lighting all the fires and stopping those fighting them on purpose.he hasn't lived on the earth long enough to learn natural disasters happen all the time and they are not anyones fault. I feel for my fellow Americans in Texas and would never use their loss and hardship to push any political agenda. that is just beneath Me and most people I know

Old 09-06-2011, 08:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,055,612 times
As a Texan I've just gotta post here.

We keep telling you all these politicians are crazy yet you keep voting them for president! Who is the backa##wards person in that scenario?

Bastrop is a small town that is basically a far ex-urb of Austin. By family who live in the area for all intents and purposes it is burnt to the ground. That is not much of an exaggeration. We received a lot of help from firefighters (volunteer and otherwise) from all over. THANK YOU!

Texas does NOT have money in the bank as someone said. We have the second largest state debt (CA number 1). We happened to be able to lose all this money despite paying less money back to Texas citizens than any other state. Perry does not have much support in this state despite how it may look. There has been a lot of redistricting scandal that has helped him keep a sleeper hold on the state. Has everyone forgotten Tom Delay?

For as big and diverse of a state as Texas we need help. Voting Slick Rick into Presidency is not a way to help anyone!

For everyone affected by the fires I'm hoping for you! We've been able to smell it here in Houston since before our own fires started

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,125,178 times
Quote:
The right only votes for the party and the left only votes for the skin color, both groups are pretty worthless IMO.
Wow.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
he thinks Perry is lighting all the fires and stopping those fighting them on purpose.he hasn't lived on the earth long enough to learn natural disasters happen all the time and they are not anyones fault. I feel for my fellow Americans in Texas and would never use their loss and hardship to push any political agenda. that is just beneath Me and most people I know
I do believe that the Forest Service budgets were cut, but how that translates to volunteer fire departments is a little ambiguous. Most volunteer fire departments are locally funded, and receive permission to acquire surplus equipment from the Forest Service in the form of grants. But, to say that the volunteer fire departments are directly funded by the State of Texas is a stretch.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,607,237 times
Quote:

really? thats how we vote

wow, learn something new everyday...i didnt realize u were racist

Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,331 times
Quote:
That is a crock.

The republican party has changed. It's been a slow change over many years, but they now seem to be totally consumed with a lifestyle. That lifestyle is based on religion and obstruction at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections