Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,873,244 times

Advertisements

Your first link and your chart agree with my statements 100%, those are disaster declarations, not grants. I'm not interested in your second link which is a left wing blog that gives no facts, you STILL can't show me how much money TX has gotten from FEMA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If either of the other candidates had won, I would bet the wildfires would have been contained long ago.
Based on what?

LOL I didn't realize Wednesday was retarded day on CD for the lefties!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The "going up in flames" of Texas is a metaphor warning of what would happen to the United States if Perry were elected president.
That would explain Obama's terrible poll numbers given the current state of IL and his mecca of Chicago.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,582,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
For those pro-Republicans here, keep this in mind about Rick Perry. He barely announced his candidacy for president when all the press and political polsters were calling him the leader. They all seem to have selected him as the Republican candidate. Same thing happened four years ago to a candidate named McCain. Don't let history repeat itself. Problem is only a few states will decide who will be the republican candidate and some of those states have an open primary meaning Democrats can vote on Republican candidate for president which is how Obama got the nomination over Hillary. Democrats thought Hillary was a sure thing so they voted in the Republican primary for the candidate they felt was best to loose against Hillary and ended up with Obama.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,582,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Perry has liberals scared schitless. It's fun to watch.
I don't think so.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM

45,586 posts, read 60,994,807 times
Some clear up about FEMA reimbursements.

An area is only eligible for FEMA reimbursement if a State of Emergency is declared by state's Governor and the President declares an area a Disaster Area.

Even then the reimbursement amounts range from 60% to 75% and only on those costs that can be directly attributed to the disaster. Overtime pay can be claimed but not regular pay. Supplies bought directly for the disaster can be claimed but not supplies already in inventory which were used. Specialized equipment can be claimed, but at a lower rate if the equipment can be used later for other tasks (a wood chipper, for example, used to clean up after a wind event can later be used for general public works uses).

All reimbursements have to be receipted and audits are performed.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,140,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Corrected?

Maybe you should read more carefully,....or try doing a little research yourself instead of just believing anything a liberal writes.
No I do my on own research and I read things from both sides to get a more accurate picture on the issues. I read quite fine, thank you. Perhaps you should do more research on your own.

Quote:
.....what you liberals don't understand is the FACT that it really makes no difference WHO runs against Obozo,.....they WILL get the conservative vote. Makes no difference whether it is Romney, Perry, Paul, Bachman, or an 'ol yeller dog,....Obozo won't get the conservative vote.

If America reelects Obozo,..... the anti-American, apologist, leaderless, empty-suit, ....then America gets EXACTLY what it deserves. This administration can't run on its record, so ATTACK THE OPPOSITION is all it has. If Obozo is not scared, then why has he already sent his goons to Texas to film stories about Texans who don't like Perry so they can be used in the campaign?

There's a lot of chatter about the Texas debt,...but no one seems concerned about the HUGE trillions in debt that Obozo has allowed. I see no one talking about the lies that Obozo has told, the lack of transparency, the new wars America has entered, or the fact that Americans are still solidly against his sole piece of signature legislation in obamacare.
Need to keep moving the goal posts huh? You seemed to have forgotten the conservative Bush who through 8 years of administration have racked up trillions of dollars of debt, but it's ok when a conservative does it, right? It's ok when Perry does it right?

In Obama's case, inheriting this economic mess (both sides are to blame for it) he had no choice to spend money. Now I don't expect someone who has to resort to childish name calling like "Obozo" to understand how debt and the economy actually works as you seem to just regurgitate whatever the far right tells you.

I'm not a Obama supporter just trying to dispel the myths and outright lies that are coming from people like you.

Quote:
The only way Obama will win in 2012 is BUY the election with George Soros' money,...just the way he did last election.
LOLz. Yes because there certainly aren't any big money Republican supporters.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,257,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hey I call it like I see it, when you guys on the left stop using race as a criteria for voting I'll stop calling you out on it.
How in the hell have we used race as a criteria for voting. Let's see there have been 43 different Presidents, 42 of which were White. Since I first began voting, which was during Reagan's first term there have been five Presidents, 4 of which were White. So, 42/43 for total Presidents; 4/5 for Presidents in my voting life, which began with Reagan's first term.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at..........we're choosing Whites over anything else. Yep, you made and excellent Point, LOL. We have to STOP choosing Presidents based on race and skin color. hehehehehhheheh

Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM

995 posts, read 1,119,609 times
Quote:
.....what you liberals don't understand is the FACT that it really makes no difference WHO runs against Obama,.....they WILL get the conservative vote. Makes no difference whether it is Romney, Perry, Paul, Bachman, or an 'ol yeller dog,....Obama won't get the conservative vote.
(FTFY. I don't make up childish names for people I don't like or agree with.)

OK, so basically what I just read there is your complete disregard for who you're voting for. You accuse people who are anything left of Fascism of knee-jerk voting against Republicans, while you're just marching off that right-wing cliff.

I look at all the candidates. I voted for Hillary in the primaries. I would've voted for McCain 2 years ago, despite his age, except for the horrendous selection of Palin.

Back on topic: Perry is having a Katrina moment here. I suggest you all watch closely because this is a guy who cut funding to a fundamental service, and now we're going to see the cost. Federal aid may eventually save his butt and help rebuild TX, but will any of you acknowledge the fact that the system can & does work?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,241,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Texas Gov. Rick Perry Cut Fire Department Funding by 75%

Good move Perry. Everyone knows that Texas is not prone to wildfires...DUH!
Contract Dispute Grounds Firefighting Planes - HUMAN EVENTS
Quote:
Nearly half of the federal government’s firefighting air tankers are siting idle at a California airport, grounded by the Obama administration in a contract dispute just weeks before wildfires swept through Texas killing a mother and her child, and destroying 100,000 acres.

“We were certified to fly all season, but they just terminated us and threw 60 people out of work and left the country vulnerable to fires, as you can see right now in Texas,” said Britt Gourley, CEO for Aero Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections