Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,142,161 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on Obama and the 2012 election. Its assertion that Obama is not liberal made me wonder what conservatives might think. They blame liberals for everything yet Obama has continued the policies of Bush. This throws the whole idea of the two-party left/right polarity into question. In other words, those divisions are artificial. We're going to get a horrible President no matter who we vote for.

FIGHT THE POWERLESSNESS - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,466,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Interesting article on Obama and the 2012 election. Its assertion that Obama is not liberal made me wonder what conservatives might think. They blame liberals for everything yet Obama has continued the policies of Bush. This throws the whole idea of the two-party left/right polarity into question. In other words, those divisions are artificial. We're going to get a horrible President no matter who we vote for.

FIGHT THE POWERLESSNESS - Yahoo! News
Much as I and many other so-called "progressives" are obviously disappointed in Obama, he's still no "Bush-lite" by a long shot (for starters, at least he can freakin' talk without sounding like the village idiot)! And there's a big difference between holding your candidate's "feet to the fire" and abandoning him altogether!

So no matter how "disenchanted" liberals are, no way are we gonna "jump ship" for say, 'ol Mitt "which way is the wind blowing" Romney, Rand "really, I'm not a racist" Paul, or even worse, Palin, Perry or Bachmann (aka, Curly, Larry & Moe)!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 AM

888 posts, read 888,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Rand "really, I'm not a racist" Paul
Ron Paul is not a racist, but people who call him one must believe that the country is generally racist (which is not true either) explaining why they are paranoid.

Think about it, those that call him racist bring up the fact that we´ll get Jim Crow laws again, businesses will post signs saying ¨No Non-Hispanic Whites¨ allowed, or ¨Mexicans Only¨ and we´ll have separate drinking fountains for Chinese.

The person that thinks in this way obviously has no confidence that the American people have overcome racism. I find that attitude to be propagation of ignorance. I think it´s some of the Baby Boomers who spew this nonsense. They know deep down that Ron Paul is not a racist, but they fear that Ron Paul will enable racists to come out of the closet. Since these paranoid folks think the whole country is full of closet racists, why would we trust their opinion on anything? If the closeted racists were a small minority, it would not be an issue. Even today we know we have a minority of racists. I think we the people, can handle them and don´t *need* Nanny State to tell us how to behave and handle the issue

I stand by my opinion that most Americans like mateo45 are lazy. They do not want Ron Paul, because they know they´ll have to take more individual responsibility. These people are anti-JFKs. JFK asked for us to *do for our country*. Ron Paul asks the same. Most Americans want the government to take care of everything and to think for them. Just look at the ignorance in the primaries! If people really wanted to take responsibility and *do* for their country, we would not be in the mess we are in.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,236,754 times
Quote:
Much as I and many other so-called "progressives" are obviously disappointed in Obama, he's still no "Bush-lite" by a long shot (for starters, at least he can freakin' talk without sounding like the village idiot)! And there's a big difference between holding your candidate's "feet to the fire" and abandoning him altogether!

So no matter how "disenchanted" liberals are, no way are we gonna "jump ship" for say, 'ol Mitt "which way is the wind blowing" Romney, Rand "really, I'm not a racist" Paul, or even worse, Palin, Perry or Bachmann (aka, Curly, Larry & Moe)!
In the thread discussion about Ron Paul (first they ignore you, laugh at you, etc...) I got into a series of exchanges concerning this very topic. I see it like you do, that the liberals won't jump ship no matter how disenchanted they are with Obama. I think what you express is how the vast, vast, vast majority of liberals will feel and behave.

There may be a minor boycott by the left of Obama, but I believe that this will become significantly reduced as the election time gets closer.

Wynwood, the folks like Mateo45 aren't lazy at all, despite your assertion. Rather they dislike your candidate, and for significantly valid reasons in their point of view.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Anybody on the left who chooses to "sit out" the election might as well just go ahead and change their registration from Democrat to Republican as far as I am concerned.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
There is no way the Left will abandon obama, especially the far left deadenders. They are in it for the long haul.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,432,258 times
Quote:
Palin, Perry or Bachmann (aka, Curly, Larry & Moe)!
HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?!

Perry is obviously a Shemp!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,147 times
Quote:

LOL, I must 'spread the reps'. Couldn't rep you again.

Hell will not only freeze over, but it will refreeze the Arctic and the entire earth before I vote for anyone like bachmann, perry, newt, cain, paul, santorium, or mitt. Huntsman, I can live with. But bachmann is now irrelevant and that's a good thing. Huntsman won't get the nod, so we're stuck with one old guard, who use to be extreme, but compared to the new repigs he looks far to the left of them. (newt)

That is how out of whack the repubs have gone. Oklahoma had an anti-Sharia law that went to vote a year or so ago. It was like, WTF? Anti-Sharia......in Oklahoma. We do not, nor have we ever been threatened by Muslim law. The law should have been an anti-freaky holy roller, evangelical law, because that is the more probable thing that would happen. The new repigs have gone all vangie, and are intent on bringing the rest of us under their pseudo Christian manefesto. I AM SICK of the fake Christians. Live however you want but leave me alone.

And that is the problem with the the repubs of today.

Hell will freeze the F over before I ever vote for any of those freaks.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is no way the Left will abandon obama, especially the far left deadenders. They are in it for the long haul.
Damn straight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections