Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,122,618 times

Advertisements

For those who "don't get it" when it comes to Ron Paul

Oh......I get it all right.

I get that Ron Paul is anit-abortion.

I get that Ron Paul has no problem with government getting involved in and regulating a woman's reproductive freedoms.....state government.

I get that Ron Paul would like to overturn Roe v Wade.....hand the abortion issue over to the states.....where it can be banned.....one state at a time.

You can portray a rosy picture about all of the good things Ron Paul will do for this country......but those things mean NOTHING to me if I have to lose MY personal freedom to get them.

If Ron Paul is serious about turning this country around.....he should concentrate on that instead of trying to overturn Roe v Wade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,340,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I get that Ron Paul has no problem with government getting involved in and regulating a woman's reproductive freedoms.....state government.

I get that Ron Paul would like to overturn Roe v Wade.....hand the abortion issue over to the states.....where it can be banned.....one state at a time.

You can portray a rosy picture about all of the good things Ron Paul will do for this count ry......but those things mean NOTHING to me if I have to lose MY personal freedom to get them.

If Ron Paul is serious about turning this country around.....he should concentrate on that instead of trying to overturn Roe v Wade.
Yeah, I get ya. Better to not vote for a guy who can't overturn RvW, and instead vote to re-elect a guy who order strikes that kill babies in Afghanistan and Pakistan. So long as the babies aren't in America, all is good.

At least Obama supporters are consistent with baby killing, here and abroad.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, I get ya. Better to not vote for a guy who can't overturn RvW, and instead vote to re-elect a guy who order strikes that kill babies in Afghanistan and Pakistan. So long as the babies aren't in America, all is good.

At least Obama supporters are consistent with baby killing, here and abroad.
As a man.....I can see why you would think this way.....since you will not be the one giving up any of YOUR personal freedoms if Ron Paul ever got elected.

I am willing to bet that most of the men in this country wouldn't vote for Ron Paul if he said he was going to ban football, let alone take away their right to control their own bodies.

BTW....Please don't try to lay wars exclusively at Obama's door.......pro-life Republicans sure have shown themselves to be very fond of war and the building up our military to carry them out.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,960,667 times
Quote:

You can portray a rosy picture about all of the good things Ron Paul will do for this country......but those things mean NOTHING to me if I have to lose MY personal freedom to get them.

you lose your personal freedom after you choose to get pregnant, and you are not making a decision just for you anymore.

the most important thing that could come out of this ron paul discussion on abortion is that women would really THINK about the choices they make in life. some women are not taking care of their own bodies or treating themselves respectfully.

abortion really shouldn't be "birth control" in america-when there are other options readily available.

i also think that there is zero chance of roe v wade being overturned.

ron paul is full of wake-up calls for americans.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you lose your personal freedom after you choose to get pregnant, and you are not making a decision just for you anymore.

the most important thing that could come out of this ron paul discussion on abortion is that women would really THINK about the choices they make and what they are doing to their OWN bodies.

abortion really shouldn't be "birth control" in america-when there are other options readily available.

i also think that there is zero chance of roe v wade being overturned.

ron paul is full of wake-up calls for americans.
That is where you are wrong.....women who seek out abortions didn't choose to get pregnant. BC is not 100% effective and until it is you cannot blame a woman for wanting to end a pregnancy she doesn't want.

There is only one person involved in making the decision to abort.....the woman who has to carry the pregnancy.

If there is zero chance of Roe v Wade being overturned.....why do politicians like Ron Paul even bring up the issue?

Why don't they just say flat out that Roe v Wade will be left standing as it is and that they have no intention of trying to change it? Hmmmm?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,348,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
Until you provide evidence of him saying this, it is just hearsay.
He was directly confronted with that very question and gave that very answer. I heard it with my own ears (then I banged my head against the wall in disbelief.)

Old 09-08-2011, 06:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,960,667 times
Quote:
That is where you are wrong.....women who seek out abortions didn't choose to get pregnant. BC is not 100% effective and until it is you cannot blame a woman for wanting to end a pregnancy she doesn't want.

There is only one person involved in making the decision to abort.....the woman who has to carry the pregnancy.

If there is zero chance of Roe v Wade being overturned.....why do politicians like Ron Paul even bring up the issue?

Why don't they just say flat out that Roe v Wade will be left standing as it is and that they have no intention of trying to change it? Hmmmm?

i think most of those women again aren't THINKING about themselves and their decisions.

morning after pill?

women have options, and they need to protect their own bodies by NOT abusing them.

abortion is abuse of a woman's body even if you don't see it as "murder".

i also think that it isn't the main issue that ron paul is concerned about-since he is much more focused on our economy,wars, foreign aid, the federal reserve, and illegal immigration. certainly, in the scheme of things, those are the bigger issues facing america and what we ALL need to be concentrating on.

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-08-2011 at 07:00 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think most of those women again aren't THINKING about themselves and their decisions.

morning after pill?

women have options, and they need to protect their own bodies by NOT abusing them.

abortion is abuse of a woman's body even if you don't see it as "murder".

i also think that it isn't the main issue that ron paul is concerned about-since he is much more focused on our economy,wars, foreign aid, the federal reserve, and illegal immigration. certainly, in the scheme of things, those are the bigger issues facing america and what we ALL need to be concentrating on.[/quote]
Sorry, I am not willing to give up my personal freedom for any of those issues.

If Ron Paul plans on concentrating on those issues and leaving Roe v Wade untouched.....he should say so.....but that isn't going to happen because he does plan on dismantling Roe v Wade......and I am certainly not going to help him do it by voting for him.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:31 PM

372 posts, read 1,044,630 times
I guess if reproductive rights is the only issue that concerns you, Paul might not be your candidate. Enjoy them. If we continue the Bush/Obama policy of eroding the constitution, that might be the only right you have left.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undfan View Post
I guess if reproductive rights is the only issue that concerns you, Paul might not be your candidate. Enjoy them. If we continue the Bush/Obama policy of eroding the constitution, that might be the only right you have left.
You are right.....Ron Paul, Perry, Bachman are not for me. Obama is the only one who is exclusively concentrating on the issues mentioned earlier......and leaving women alone to make their own reproductive choices......respecting the decision handed down by the Supreme Court.

The Democrats and Obama are not wasting precious legislative time and money trying to take away a woman's choice like the Republicans are.

The issue of abortion was decided decades ago, the Republicans are the ones who keep making it an issue instead of concentrating on fixing our economy and stopping our wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections