Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,429,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm more concerned about extremist, radical Christians because there are many more of them than there are radical Muslims. I live with these nuts on a daily basis and they are dangerous.
I am too. It's harder to stop this kind of thing because it starts off fine but slowly erodes into something insidious without people realizing it's happening. People who just think they are being "more Christian" start applying more and more rules and regulations to their lives and the lives of others and pretty soon you don't even recognize it anymore. Humans will find a way to f-up anything. Trust that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Actually, there is a growing group of extremist Christians who would gladly kill gays, or anyone else they deem as a heretic or sinner.

I have friends who attend church, and friends who are Christian. They are some kick azz people; great individuals that do not push their beliefs on anyone or point their finger or pass judgement.

Unfortunately, there are a bunch of these wackos:
GOP Legislator: Homosexuality Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Terrorist Attacks Because We Have To Deal With It Every Day | ThinkProgress

I'm more concerned about extremist, radical Christians because there are many more of them than there are radical Muslims. I live with these nuts on a daily basis and they are dangerous.
I want to jump in here real quick to say, "Oh, but those aren't REAL christians"...before some christian does...it's their primary excuse

Old 09-11-2011, 09:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"" If those ole meany Christians scare you that bad with all of their talk of love and mission work and helping those in need, """

Wow! Ya can't answer so ya lie!?? Please show where I said those things scared me...you can't, you lied...LOL! How CHRISTIAN!!!!

You said this........"I am afraid of christian religious freaks". Where did I lie? The things I said they do, is what they do and you're scared of them. I don't see the lie.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
This OP is a bit of "old news", but it is worth pointing out Texas author Jim Hightower's observation on the event:

"After four dandy "whereas" clauses, Perry formally proclaimed the weekend of April 22-24 as "Days of Prayer for Rain."

But, no go. The three days passed, and not a drop. Maybe God was out that weekend. Or perhaps He just doesn't cotton to big-haired political pretenders trying to ride His coattails for personal gain.

Then, lo and behold, Barack Obama arrived. Three weeks after Perry's failed prayerfest, Obama swept into Austin for an overnight stop-over. And guess what? The next morning, we got a sweet, soaking, three-inch rainfall!"

Maybe Obama was praying also.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Actually, there is a growing group of extremist Christians who would gladly kill gays, or anyone else they deem as a heretic or sinner.

I have friends who attend church, and friends who are Christian. They are some kick azz people; great individuals that do not push their beliefs on anyone or point their finger or pass judgement.

GOP Legislator: Homosexuality Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Terrorist Attacks Because We Have To Deal With It Every Day | ThinkProgress

I haven't heard of these extremist Christians strapping on bombs and blowing up gay clubs full of gay people or malls full of sinners or really any other radical Christian terrorism.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,261,784 times
Regardless of whether I belief Perry is a showboater or not, Texas is suffering. I do care about that, and hope they have a wet, rainy winter.

I think people pray for different reasons. Most people who pray believe that prayer works, and I think there is some magic in prayer-----Almost like a collective energy. It comforts many people and millions of people pray; Christians, Muslims, Jewish and Buddhist, so who am I to diss prayer?

Let's just pray or hope or send out kind thoughts for Texas. They need it right now.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:

Mainstream conservatives are not out to kill anyone. There are nuts everywhere, it is not religion that drives them not crazyness. Even the most extreme right wing Christian conservatives do not believe if killing any group. I wish I could understand how homosexuality gets brought into so many threads?

Nita

Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You said this........"I am afraid of christian religious freaks". Where did I lie? The things I said they do, is what they do and you're scared of them. I don't see the lie.
Twisting and Squirmng out of sin, you christians do it so well......won't work here..

IF, and that's a big if, christians were ONLY about ""talk of love and mission work and helping those in need"""", that would be fine..

But they aren't and that wasn't what we were talking about...we're talking about extremists freaks..

and how politicans should shut up about their religion and not have PUBLIC prayer..

Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I haven't heard of these extremist Christians strapping on bombs and blowing up gay clubs full of gay people or malls full of sinners or really any other radical Christian terrorism.
Did you miss the murders of doctors? Did you miss the protests at funerals. Did you forget the OK City bombing. No they have not gone as far as the radical Muslims, YET.
Casper

Old 09-12-2011, 11:17 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,810,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I have to say, if there is any form of logic behind this statement, it escapes me.
I'm not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections