Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:36 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Did you miss the murders of doctors? Did you miss the protests at funerals. Did you forget the OK City bombing. No they have not gone as far as the radical Muslims, YET.
Casper

The OK city bombing was NOT about Christianity...talk about twisting the truth. Also, anti abortion killings are usually random acts of indivduals not a specific Christian group. Murder is committed by many different people with many different characteristics. I bet a murder was committed by a redheaded woman with freckles too, doesn't make redheaded women with freckles a murdering group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Twisting and Squirmng out of sin, you christians do it so well......won't work here..

IF, and that's a big if, christians were ONLY about ""talk of love and mission work and helping those in need"""", that would be fine..

But they aren't and that wasn't what we were talking about...we're talking about extremists freaks..

and how politicans should shut up about their religion and not have PUBLIC prayer..

lol...you are crazy! First of all, everyone has sinned and secondly, no one is trying to account for it to you.

Praying publicly is not more damaging to you than mission work and helping those in need. As a matter of fact, it is trying to help a whole lot of people in need. Whether you believe it does or not is irrelevant.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Did you miss the murders of doctors? Did you miss the protests at funerals. Did you forget the OK City bombing. No they have not gone as far as the radical Muslims, YET.
Casper
Casper, this has nothing to do with religion. These nuts are living and operating under the name of religion, but it is an excuse for what they do. Not one of them was really religious. Down deep I am sure you know that. You know it is always amazing how so many can say these crimes are religiously motivated so someone who is a true Christian isn't a good choice for President but the same people will not answer questions about electing an atheist or agnotic.

Nita

Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,304,599 times
Michelle B said the earthquake and Irene might be a message from the Lord. Perry prays for rain and gets wildfires. Is that a message from the Lord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Proclamation] Gov. Perry Issues Proclamation for Days of Prayer for Rain in Texas

This is just nutty to me. It's one thing to have a personal belief in "God", but to issue an official proclamation to pray for rain seems bizarre.

And this proclamation was in April. Given the recent fires in Texas, I guess praying doesn't work. How shocking.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:54 AM

995 posts, read 1,120,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Michelle B said the earthquake and Irene might be a message from the Lord. Perry prays for rain and gets wildfires. Is that a message from the Lord?
For a long time, I thought the country had scraped the bottom of the barrel when George W. was elected.
These people are in no way qualified to even be the mayors of a 47-pop. town in Podunk.

For years, we've heard the phrase 'dumbing-down of America.' Has the crap we're importing from other countries been treated with stupid juice? Will history books 200 years from now (if there are any, because after all, history is not taught in most schools any longer) show that to be the cause of the downfall of the US?

Last edited by AnneWest; 09-12-2011 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The OK city bombing was NOT about Christianity...talk about twisting the truth. Also, anti abortion killings are usually random acts of indivduals not a specific Christian group. Murder is committed by many different people with many different characteristics. I bet a murder was committed by a redheaded woman with freckles too, doesn't make redheaded women with freckles a murdering group.
Meaning that the acts of a few radicals does not mean that everyone with something in common with them are the same. Thanks for proving my point
Casper

Old 09-12-2011, 12:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Casper, this has nothing to do with religion. These nuts are living and operating under the name of religion, but it is an excuse for what they do. Not one of them was really religious. Down deep I am sure you know that. You know it is always amazing how so many can say these crimes are religiously motivated so someone who is a true Christian isn't a good choice for President but the same people will not answer questions about electing an atheist or agnotic.

Nita
It wasn't me that brought up religion I just usd their own arguements to prove my point. We agree, these are not truely religous men, they have other agendas. Actually I have never made your last point, as for our leaders, no what they believe I would prefer it if they kept it to themselves for the most part, I never trust anyone that seems to feel the need to run around shouting out to the world what their beliefs are or are not, makes me wonder what their agenda is.
Casper

Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
""""I bet a murder was committed by a redheaded woman with freckles too, doesn't make redheaded women with freckles a murdering group""""

Remember that when one Muslim kills someone...

Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,503,155 times
This ain't about "muslims", "isolated incidents", or "lone gunmen"...

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper344/stills/70745d91.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Meaning that the acts of a few radicals does not mean that everyone with something in common with them are the same. Thanks for proving my point
Casper

I would think you proved my point, because you never made a point to me to begin with. If you are referring to Muslims, I clearly said radical Muslims...and yes, I do know the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections