Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
This ain't about "muslims", "isolated incidents", or "lone gunmen"...

It's not about Christianity either...that is the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""I bet a murder was committed by a redheaded woman with freckles too, doesn't make redheaded women with freckles a murdering group""""

Remember that when one Muslim kills someone...

Once again, I clearly said 'radical Muslims'. Can you read? You are the one that just lumps all Christians together as a bunch of nuts. I am positive you will find more 'radical Muslims' that want to kill you than you will find Bible thumping Christians who feel the same.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,467,547 times
Here north of Lubbock we have had a tenth of an inch of rain since last October. Trees, lawns and wildlife were dying.

This morning we've received nearly an inch of rain and it's still raining! God bless the the Governor!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Here north of Lubbock we have had a tenth of an inch of rain since last October. Trees, lawns and wildlife were dying.

This morning we've received nearly an inch of rain and it's still raining! God bless the the Governor!
I am so glad you are finally getting your rain. We have had a lot of heat this summer, but at least, unlike you and OK, we have had some rain.

Nita

Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,162,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is a sad point of view.
I've found it rather impertinent and rude to expect that God should solve my trivial problems for me.

Quote:
No one said it released you of personal responsiblity in doing what you need to do, but in life there are times when you really don't have control over some things...like when it rains or doesn't.
But if you are praying, are you not trying to influence the situation? So you really do think you have some kind of control - supernatural control.

My wife's elderly and very religious grandmother prayed all day long for the latest hurricane not to hit her house. When it didn't, she of course took full credit for it. I asked her about the people who did get hit, some of whom no doubt prayed. She just shrugged and said they didn't pray hard enough.

I think THAT is a pretty sad point of view.

Quote:
Life is full of trials that are not of your own making. If you personally don't find solace in prayer...don't pray, but don't criticize or try to take that from those that do, because a lot of folks find it very comforting.
I'll be happy when they stop expecting me to practice voodoo with them.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am so glad you are finally getting your rain. We have had a lot of heat this summer, but at least, unlike you and OK, we have had some rain.

Nita
I'm sitting here with a jacket on this morning. After these plus 100 degree days, it is refreshing.

I'm wondering if we will have a really cold winter? I'm thinking so.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,700,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, nutty to you, this has been discussed here over and over and it was almost 6 months ago. some find it nutty, others find it reassuring, and still others don't think it makes a difference but it certainly isn't hurthing anyone and has nothing to do with his ability to be Pres.

Nita

Yeah nothing nutty about it.
Just a person who likes to use his power to force people to do things.
Or thinks we should have a medical program for mexico and texas.
Nothing to worry about sorry I guess someone who is so closely connected to "GOD" on rain and who knows whatelse shouldnt be pushing nuke buttons and righting EXECUTIVE ORDERS.

Executive experience to destory freedoms is not something I want a president to do not matter what reason they give and its not constitutional.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Over a half inch more of rain this morning here on the very dry south Plains.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,472,123 times
Thumbs down Great timing, Ricky-boy...

Rangers playoff game cancelled.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Rangers playoff game cancelled.
Which is more important, the rain that can save the farmers anymore damage or a baseball game that can be played a day or so from now? I certainly would hope you are joking about this?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections