Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,342,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Reagan was a great President, but Patti and Ron Jr. are a mess. Since the poster is so enamored with the musings of Presidential children, I am sure he is glued to the comments of Michael Reagan.
Don't know much about Patti. But how is Ron Jr. a mess? Seems to be doing pretty good to me. A mess in that he doesn't agree with YOU politically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,411,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ronald Reagan Jr. also is strongly against the far right wing nutcases that most in the republican party have become. Reagan gave some intelligent offspring
Ronald Reagan, Jr. is a noted liberal lightweight.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-13-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,807,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't know much about Patti. But how is Ron Jr. a mess? Seems to be doing pretty good to me. A mess in that he doesn't agree with YOU politically?
Ya clearly don't know much about Jr. either.

Ron Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Reagan dropped out of Yale University in 1976 after one semester to become a ballet dancer."

"Reagan became more politically active once his father left the White House in 1989. In contrast to the late president, the younger Reagan's views were decidedly liberal."

Looking at his resume, one could conclude he has ADHD.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,939,459 times
i said the same thing at work.

these idiots are cheering about texas leading the nation in executions like a winning touchdown pass in the super bowl.

and im not anti-death penalty. im split on it.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,268,351 times
Eh, just another spawn that wants media exposure....

Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,506,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
She is correct, but I'd exempt Romney, who is the sole adult in a field of children.
Me too. I don't mind Romney so much, but I agree with the OP. Reagan is completely sane compared to these guys. Today's field is nothing but a bunch of cheap knock offs who claim his legacy to score political points. If I were Nancy Reagan, I'd be p*ssed that so many are using her husband to get votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
A serious BFD on this one. Patti Davis did everything she could to embarrass her father, from a major drug problem to posing nude in Playboy. Except for libs, no one gives a krap what this nitwit thinks.
Meh. If she were a conservative, I doubt the playboy and drug problems would matter to you. You only bring them up because she doesn't agree with you politically.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,035,701 times
RR was a seasoned politician unlike these dimwits. He was used to dealing with a state chamber of the opposing party, which accustomed him to dealing with those who did not simply echo his views.

Very valuable lessons learned long before 1980.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,506,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
RR was a seasoned politician unlike these dimwits. He was used to dealing with a state chamber of the opposing party, which accustomed him to dealing with those who did not simply echo his views.

Very valuable lessons learned long before 1980.
That's why, even though I disagree with Reagan quite a bit, I really respected his ability to work across the aisle and get things done. Unfortunately, today's Republicans have bastardized Reagan and his image into something very different from what he was. He did not appeal to our worst fears, he cared more about the country than his party, and knew when to pick his battles. Those are good traits in a leader regardless of party.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,035,701 times
Bingo, mackinac, and o/s of MR, I saw NO leader on stage tonight.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,062,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Looking for Ronald Reagan — and Not Finding Him - TIME

I'm not a great fan of Reagans, but he would seem like a breath of fresh air compared to the crew of Neocons that are running now. Reagan's daughter apparently agrees. I'm pretty sure that she will not be voting for any of the frontrunners.
she sounds like a "commie librul".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections