Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,993,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you not read?

She said that people applauded when Perry spoke of the executions. Not too much in poor taste and a hint into the psyche of Tea Party supporters? She did not say that he did the sentencing, but she must be referring to this...

Document - USA: Too much cruelty, too little clemency: Texas nears 200th execution under current governor
Document - USA: Too much cruelty, too little clemency: Texas nears 200th execution under current governor | Amnesty International
Yes, we execute those who commit such crimes, unlike other states who praise them and attack the victim for not being more accepting of their behavior.

That applause is the applause of justice being served, nothing more. It has nothing to do with "hating" those who are executed, it is the adherence to the responsibility for their crimes. That is what is being applauded.

Only a fool thinks it is because they want people dead. Life would be wonderful if we did not ever have to do such, but the fact is, there are people out there that murder others without a thought or respect to their lives and liberty.

What worries me are those who would boo over such responsible actions as I fear them, for they are the ones that promote such behavior and encourage it. They are the ones who point at the victim and accuse them of the occurrence. They are the vile and disgusting to have no respect for human life as they cheer and support those who oppress it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,508,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Never said they were... Liberals though are through and through. Unless, you are saying a liberal supports individual liberty first and does not espouse social collective responsibility and the like? Show me that liberal, and I will show you they aren't a liberal.
Not all liberals are haters and you know that, just as not all conservatives are. There are extremes on both sides. About half of my friends call themselves conservatives, and I have no problem with them whatsoever, despite the fact that I strongly disagree with them on quite a few issues.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,508,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Nomander, Your language in posts displays hatred, not disagreement. Those cheering letting someone die display a sick mind, not cost control. Those cheering executions display a sick mind, not justice.
I agree. It's one thing to support the death penalty. I understand that, but to cheer it? There's something barbaric about that to me. Again, one more reason I simply cannot support today's GOP.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Not all liberals are haters and you know that, just as not all conservatives are. There are extremes on both sides. About half of my friends call themselves conservatives, and I have no problem with them whatsoever, despite the fact that I strongly disagree with them on quite a few issues.
Do you know of any liberals who respect individual liberty fully and unconditionally? I do not, I have known many, went to a liberal school filled with them, and not a single one did so. They always had conditions, requirements of the "collective" to "serve the better good" and justified infringing on individual liberty to serve it.

Any as such are haters, for one can not infringe on liberty and call the target of their infringement "friend".

Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I agree. It's one thing to support the death penalty. I understand that, but to cheer it? There's something barbaric about that to me. Again, one more reason I simply cannot support today's GOP.
This is the BS of the position. It is not cheering the death, it is cheering the act of responsible punishment.

By this notion, you would claim that a soldier that cheers after winning the war was "cheering on" the death that resulted from it. This is the problem with liberals, the attempt to claim such is devious and heavily laden with agenda and motive.

The cheer is simply for a responsible system to which insures that justice is served, but those seeking to politicize it will twist it to mean what they want and turn it into a claim of hate and murder. The exact same problem with liberal influence in the justice system to which results in the victim being accused and attacked while the offender is excused.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,041,021 times
Nomander:"Do you know of any liberals who respect individual liberty fully and unconditionally? I do not"

I'm a fiscal conserv, who knows people of all political persuasions with those attributes. If one knows none, it says more about them. Tonights debate was not a microcosm of the whole party, just a subset whose characteristics were virtually identical. This was the most embarrassing moment I have ever seen from the TP. I hope it is not repeated.

the first debate was much better from the standpoint of civil discourse.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,041,021 times
"you would claim that a soldier that cheers after winning the war was "cheering on" the death that resulted from it"

Yes, I would, unless like most US soldiers I have known, they were simply cheering the end of war, and glad it was over for all sides. Reagan's daughter was quite elegent; I was unaware but not surprised her dad PRAYED before making his first decision not to stay an execution. That rational conservative mindset seems not to exist in 2011.

Last edited by bobtn; 09-12-2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,068,134 times
Quote:
This is the BS of the position. It is not cheering the death, it is cheering the act of responsible punishment.
>Death for a death
>Responsible

Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,075,251 times
Quote:
Do you know of any liberals who respect individual liberty fully and unconditionally? I do not, I have known many, went to a liberal school filled with them, and not a single one did so. They always had conditions, requirements of the "collective" to "serve the better good" and justified infringing on individual liberty to serve it.

Any as such are haters, for one can not infringe on liberty and call the target of their infringement "friend".
Generalize much?

When you have personally met every single liberal than I might actually listen to what you have to say about liberals.

Until then all you are doing is generalizing.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Quote:
Yes, we execute those who commit such crimes, unlike other states who praise them and attack the victim for not being more accepting of their behavior.

That applause is the applause of justice being served, nothing more. It has nothing to do with "hating" those who are executed, it is the adherence to the responsibility for their crimes. That is what is being applauded.

Only a fool thinks it is because they want people dead. Life would be wonderful if we did not ever have to do such, but the fact is, there are people out there that murder others without a thought or respect to their lives and liberty.

What worries me are those who would boo over such responsible actions as I fear them, for they are the ones that promote such behavior and encourage it. They are the ones who point at the victim and accuse them of the occurrence. They are the vile and disgusting to have no respect for human life as they cheer and support those who oppress it.
Perry did not stay an execution for further evidence thru DNA testing which might have caused the death of an innocent man. Even one such case proves that Perry is a cold and unjust bastard!

Will Texas Soon Execute Another Innocent Man? Our Reporting Challenges Verdict As Clock Ticks | Medill Innocence Project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections