Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 PM

865 posts, read 678,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't see Romney as the same type as Perry. Romney already has more money than he will every need and really always has. Perry on the other hand seems a little too slick.
Not aesthetically the same type, but he's not playing for the people(maybe he's playing the speech game to the people, but not playing for the people.) He's a corporatist, and his campaign contributions are gambles from big businesses that want that money back, and then some, with added protections that screw us, and the rest of the market. This is more of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,667,613 times
Quote:
I don't see Romney as the same type as Perry. Romney already has more money than he will every need and really always has. Perry on the other hand seems a little too slick.
Yeah, same I have said about Perry...Too 'slick williesh'' (bill clinton) ....but Romney is an ''Obamacare'' clone. Neither of them can be trusted ...or is fit to be POTUSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
This is more of the same.
Sir, you 'Nailed it' here.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,668,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Yeah, same I have said about Perry...Too 'slick williesh'' (bill clinton) ....but Romney is an ''Obamacare'' clone. Neither of them can be trusted ...or is fit to be POTUSA.
Well, one of those two WILL be the nominee. SO you get one of those two or Obama.

Welcome to our system in 2011/2012.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,667,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Well, one of those two WILL be the nominee. SO you get one of those two or Obama.

Whoa there, my man....we got a year that they both 'stumble'...and someone else 'sneak' in...and Win.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 PM

45,728 posts, read 27,355,122 times
Would you guys relax?

There are a bunch more debates and plenty of time.

Play it straight. Vote on facts, not on speculations.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,191,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

I'll take Romney or even Perry any day over enduring another four with Obama.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 PM

10 posts, read 11,712 times
Romney cannot possible win the South....Mormons will not play in the South....these folks are fanatical Christians?....it will be Perry

Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,191,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nm123 View Post
Romney cannot possible win the South....Mormons will not play in the South....these folks are fanatical Christians?....it will be Perry

The South is pretty much over that Mormon issue...that is so last election now. I do agree that the Mormon thing is why some are supporting Perry even though they actually know nothing about him. However, if Romney is the nominee, the South will vote for him.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
The South is pretty much over that Mormon issue...that is so last election now. I do agree that the Mormon thing is why some are supporting Perry even though they actually know nothing about him. However, if Romney is the nominee, the South will vote for him.
Right and wrong: living in the south for so many years and knowing so many true southerners I know it isn't a dead issue. Many still believe Mormons are part of a cult and not really a religion, but I do agree with you: if Romney gets the nomination the south will support him. The issue might be how strongly will they get out to vote? The secret to a win for the Republicans next year will be for all of us to support whomever gets the nomination and stop closing our minds to only one candidate. It is fine to be loyal and truely support someone, regardless of your reason, but to stay home cause your guy or gal isn't at the top of ticket is like a kid saying "I don't like your game, I am taking my toys and going home"

NIta

Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,942,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Right and wrong: living in the south for so many years and knowing so many true southerners I know it isn't a dead issue. Many still believe Mormons are part of a cult and not really a religion, but I do agree with you: if Romney gets the nomination the south will support him. The issue might be how strongly will they get out to vote? The secret to a win for the Republicans next year will be for all of us to support whomever gets the nomination and stop closing our minds to only one candidate. It is fine to be loyal and truely support someone, regardless of your reason, but to stay home cause your guy or gal isn't at the top of ticket is like a kid saying "I don't like your game, I am taking my toys and going home"

NIta
america cannot afford another bush or obama.

we don't have the luxury of time anymore.

so we have to be very careful who we allow ourselves to support.

on a side note, i see that CNN declared rick perry the winner. really? that isn't what i saw in that debate....... perry shot himself in the foot on illegal immigration and government intrusion into parental rights.

if the economy keeps up with the downhill slide, anybody is going to beat obama but can't the republicans at least try and put a good candidate out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections