Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,884,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
boy, you couldn't be any closer to the truth, isn't it so frustrating, that so many people in our country cannot see this....they are so fast asleep...and the government is loving this...boy would John Adams be rolling over in his grave right now...and yet, even back then, as idealistic as they seemed, there was a repulican/democratic war going on...and until the power is taken from both of them, things will not change...ever....we pay them to do a job for us...and they've gone way beyond a sense of entitlement...what they are doing to us and our country is unconstitutional...and stagnating this country...look at where we're going...

so many people ask, how come so many Jews allowed Hitler to do to them what they did? Why didn't they rebell against Hitler?

what is the easiest way to take over as a leader? When your people become hungry, frightened and poor...long as you keep them that way, they don't know any better do they?
They aren't fast asleep, they are crippled by dependence upon government. It's sad to see the people of a once proud and free nation buckling from the inside out. It is sad to see my fellow countrymen so corrupted and destroyed that they not just willingly allow but insistently demand government bind them in the chains of oppression.

yea, yea sounds a bit melodramatic but this is how I feel.
I'm not angry with them, I almost want to cry for what we have already lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:16 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,827,434 times
In the interests of adding some information to the debate:

What this interesting graph shows, is that the US government spends more [as a percentage of GDP] on health care than the governments of Japan, Australia, Norway, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Canada, or Switzerland.

Of course, those countries provide health care for all their citizens for the amount. In the USA, the citizens are obliged to shell out for private insurance as well. And then ends up with concepts such as "Pre-existing condition" and "Medical bancrupcy".

And a massive competitive disadvantage.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,167,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
You bring up an excellent situation to illustrate my point.
This is the current situation, but this is not consistent with the origins of these institutions. Childrens Hospital comes from the Shriners which is a private organization who actively worked within communities to garner resources to support charitable causes.

Yes, these organizations still exist but their influence has been gutted by government interference and now yes, the institutions which grew from private enterprise are pretty much government institutions (It is also interesting to note that you assert they take payment including insurance as if this is a bad thing - paying for services - somebody will always have to pay one way or another).

Can you see this? The government has repeatedly encroached upon and usurped private enterprise to the detriment of this country and it's people.

As for your reference to the KKK, I'll just assume your frustrated and upset and ignore it.
I'm not sure which Children's Hospital you are talking about; there are many, but as I said, I like to talk about issues I have some factual knowledge of.

Here is a history of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. t had nothing to do with the Shriners.

Children's Hospital's History

The University of Pittsburgh itself was a private college until about 1967. It was going under financially, so the state bailed it out, and a public-private relationship remains today.

Children's Denver history. Again, no relationship to the Shriners.

Our History - Children's Hospital Colorado-Denver Area, Rocky Mountain Region

I don't think taking payment is a bad thing. I'm just pointing out that the government is paying for a great deal of health care.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:20 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You know what I agree with you. I was talking about the audience. They cheered and yelled yeah! For the go home and die.
yeah, I heard that, and that in itself demonstrates the mental capacity of society...it's really sad...b/c they actually believe themselves, however, here is the other side of the coin....

why did they say such an inhuman thing?
I think these are people who are extremely exhausted of all the illegals in this country draining our systems...and those who call themselves americans who are also draining our systems...welfare breeds welfare, and someone who is on welfare all they're lives should be ashamed...but you've got to blame those who are running these systems and are initiating this behavior...

but it even goes much deeper then that....
where are the jobs these people can do, there are so so many people in our country today, who are not welfare material but collecting food stamps b/c they can't get a job...using government assistance, b/c they are unable to work and want to...

so, there are two sides to every story...maybe those people yelled those inhuman things from the audience, b/c they are mad...down right mad at what is going on in this country, yet given the opportunity, if another 911 God forbid would happen, might they be the first responders?

People say things they don't always mean, out of fear and anger, and If I were our government, I'd be very concerned about people rising up against them....it's happening in other countries, why couldn't it happen here? They (our government have taken us down hill now for a long long time, and hopefully, the voters will start seeing this) it is not about republicans against democrates....both sides are corrupt....it's about our government encourging lawlessness, encouraging debt, and encouraging dependency upon social systems....and yet, one thing they don't encourage, total reinstatement and revisal of our educational systems...revise all of our social systems....revise our immigration system so that it works....none of the candidates are talking about this are they? Yet they know it....all of our systems are broken...as is our pocket books...

Why are we sending our kids to college when there are no jobs? I mean talk about unawareness...?

Why do we pay colleges so much for our kids education, when they are not promoting education, really, but more so, our kids have to take manditory courses, which do not even apply to they're career choices, and yet, they are manditory? What is wrong with this picture, and these are only a few examples...where are our politicians on this?

Why have our politicans, both sides, for so long allowed our country to become what it is?

Years ago, we had a huge and strong army, we were farther along in technology, we were much more intellectual....then....we cared about each other and we stuck together for each other....? Why did this happen? When did this happen? Not today, not four years ago, or four years before that? think about it...when did people living in the streets happen? When our government cut back on instituions for boarder lined mentally handicapped, when they cut back on rehabilitation of drugs and alchohol....

You take the ghetto, why does it exist? Lack of education...you can't give what you've never known, and if you grow up thinking/believing that it's ok to live off of welfare, to take drugs, to sell drugs, to be a drunk...what else do you know, and yet, our government has done nothing to promote education for these people. Not to mention promoting education for all of us...

We should be much further along, technologically and intellectually...but we're not...why?

I mean, literally think about it...this is soon to be 2012 and yet, how many young girls are getting pregnant? why? It surely isn't from a lack of birth control??????

Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, I heard that, and that in itself demonstrates the mental capacity of society...it's really sad...b/c they actually believe themselves, however, here is the other side of the coin....

why did they say such an inhuman thing?
I think these are people who are extremely exhausted of all the illegals in this country draining our systems...and those who call themselves americans who are also draining our systems...welfare breeds welfare, and someone who is on welfare all they're lives should be ashamed...but you've got to blame those who are running these systems and are initiating this behavior...

but it even goes much deeper then that....
where are the jobs these people can do, there are so so many people in our country today, who are not welfare material but collecting food stamps b/c they can't get a job...using government assistance, b/c they are unable to work and want to...

so, there are two sides to every story...maybe those people yelled those inhuman things from the audience, b/c they are mad...down right mad at what is going on in this country, yet given the opportunity, if another 911 God forbid would happen, might they be the first responders?

People say things they don't always mean, out of fear and anger, and If I were our government, I'd be very concerned about people rising up against them....it's happening in other countries, why couldn't it happen here? They (our government have taken us down hill now for a long long time, and hopefully, the voters will start seeing this) it is not about republicans against democrates....both sides are corrupt....it's about our government encourging lawlessness, encouraging debt, and encouraging dependency upon social systems....and yet, one thing they don't encourage, total reinstatement and revisal of our educational systems...revise all of our social systems....revise our immigration system so that it works....none of the candidates are talking about this are they? Yet they know it....all of our systems are broken...as is our pocket books...

Why are we sending our kids to college when there are no jobs? I mean talk about unawareness...?

Why do we pay colleges so much for our kids education, when they are not promoting education, really, but more so, our kids have to take manditory courses, which do not even apply to they're career choices, and yet, they are manditory? What is wrong with this picture, and these are only a few examples...where are our politicians on this?

Why have our politicans, both sides, for so long allowed our country to become what it is?

Years ago, we had a huge and strong army, we were farther along in technology, we were much more intellectual....then....we cared about each other and we stuck together for each other....? Why did this happen? When did this happen? Not today, not four years ago, or four years before that? think about it...when did people living in the streets happen? When our government cut back on instituions for boarder lined mentally handicapped, when they cut back on rehabilitation of drugs and alchohol....

You take the ghetto, why does it exist? Lack of education...you can't give what you've never known, and if you grow up thinking/believing that it's ok to live off of welfare, to take drugs, to sell drugs, to be a drunk...what else do you know, and yet, our government has done nothing to promote education for these people. Not to mention promoting education for all of us...

We should be much further along, technologically and intellectually...but we're not...why?

I mean, literally think about it...this is soon to be 2012 and yet, how many young girls are getting pregnant? why? It surely isn't from a lack of birth control??????
Excuses, excuses!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 AM

38,749 posts, read 22,513,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
" GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die"

It's the GOP's counterplan to "Obamacare".
I'm still waiting for the quote from Paul or the TEA party audience that says " Let Uninsured Patient Die".

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
In the interests of adding some information to the debate:

What this interesting graph shows, is that the US government spends more [as a percentage of GDP] on health care than the governments of Japan, Australia, Norway, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Canada, or Switzerland.

Of course, those countries provide health care for all their citizens for the amount. In the USA, the citizens are obliged to shell out for private insurance as well. And then ends up with concepts such as "Pre-existing condition" and "Medical bancrupcy".

And a massive competitive disadvantage.
and how many millions of illegals, are draining this system? Receiving medical care and not paying for it? How many people come to this country to receive medical attention? I don't know the answers to my own questions...I'm just throwing it out there...and, also, aren't there more people living in this country then those other countries? I'm not saying your wrong, but perhaps these statistics are? Or not?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:23 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,230,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm still waiting for the quote from Paul or the TEA party audience that says " Let Uninsured Patient Die".
That would be just a little bit too obvious.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What a clever spin! The audience cheered when Wolf Blitzer said it. "Nuff said.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,967,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die
You're for personal responsibility or you're not. How come you don't want to help people? Is it because the government takes your money and gives it away so you feel you don't have to help with society?

Government is not there to save you. It's not there to raise you from cradle to grave. That's not their role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections