Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,388 times

Advertisements

The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick.
more sinister than not having a healthcare plan.
It's sadism, pure and simple. It's the same impulse that led people in the Coliseum to cheer when the lions ate the Christians. And that seems to be where we are heading -- bread and circuses, without the bread. The world that Hobbes wrote about -- "the war of all against all."
Quick reply to this message

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
And at 21, what would you have done if you had health issues and were in his place? Because not too many people that age are able to save the money.
I was in his place. I didn't have health insurance at 21. I was almost 26 before I had a job that offered it. Considering very few 21 year olds need major medical, it worked out OK.

Yea, I know. Someone will say "but what if you'd been in a accident, etc.". If I'd been that worried, I'd have found way to pay for it. I managed to drive a car, take vacations and pay for entertainment.

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So because I entertain Perry as president, I deserve to die? Yet it's the GOP that is unfeeling and uncaring?

The left is getting so disgusting in their fear of these candidates. To call for someone to DIE is the height of evil. I'm keep this post, and will drag it out whenever any of the disgusting libs dare to insinuate that the left NEVER stoops to hateful rhetoric.

You make me sick.
I didn't say someone should die. My point is that if you vote republican or don't vote or get involved and then you are sick or hurt you deserve whatever happens to you. Its a call to the poor and middle class that vote republican to stop because the attitude of republicans is that you should just die if you have no insurance. You need to cool it.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
You're right. But most of the folks that shriek about lack of health insurance have those cell phones, cable, etc.
exactly..they are MORE THAN WILLING to pay a monthly bill of 100,200,300 for cable, cellphones, a NEW IPHONE, car paymenbt, xbox membership, internet access...etc...but when it comes to paying a doctors bill, they want SOMEONE ELSE to pay it for them

Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
It amazes me that the left doesn't stop to think that when there are catastrophes around the world the citizens of the US come together to help people out. What Paul was saying is that that is what needs to happen here, and it would.

Tuition prices are sky high because of govt loans and grants. Insurance is sky high because the govt foots the bill for so many. Everything the govt gets involved in skyrockets because the deep pockets of taxpayers will pay.

To say that conservative thinking is based on emotion is ridiculous. Conservatives call for some kind of sanity in the situation while the left will find a victim in everything. Which is emotional? The left blows everything out of proportion and cries that anyone that won't take care of their neighbors dog is evil and greedy.

Get the govt out of our daily lives and costs will adjust themselves.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
So we're right back to where we started. Those that truly can't afford it (not "choose" to spend their money elsewhere) would be helped by churches and charities.
I don't know a church or even multitude of churches that can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for expensive drugs (chemo,etc), physical therapy, treatment for chronic diseases, etc., etc., etc.........

Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
So because I entertain Perry as president, I deserve to die? Yet it's the GOP that is unfeeling and uncaring?

The left is getting so disgusting in their fear of these candidates. To call for someone to DIE is the height of evil. I'm keep this post, and will drag it out whenever any of the disgusting libs dare to insinuate that the left NEVER stoops to hateful rhetoric.

You make me sick.
I referenced you in no way. If you are sick go to the hospital but don't blame me.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
ringwise, Cell phones buy you-LOL? 28% of ALL US households contain only cell phones. They are a CHEAPER option than landlines now.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. I'm so sick of those leeches of society that contribute nothing in the way of taxes, demanding that everything they want be paid for with my hard earned money.

Sickening.....
yes, and your the perfect example of why last night in the tea party debate you heard people cheering when they thought he said, "society should allow uninsured to die". Very sad...very sad....that some people feel this way...or that some people feel if you disagree with them, it's an insult....I'm very serious when I say this...we as a society have not progressed, we've regressed, and quit frankly when you see someone retaliate in a cruel way on this forum, you gotta seriously feel sorry for them, b/c they don't understand, they don't know any better and they are incredibly lacking confidence and knowledge....when someone has to resort to insults and being mean to others, it's because they don't have anything else to contribute to the conversation....and it all comes down to a lack of education/knowledge and staying informed. Most people do not know what is really going on in this country, b/c they fear knowing.

Yet, knowlege is power, and could once again, bring us back to working together as a strong nation, but there are those in this country that do not want that....what is really awfully ridiculous, is how republicans and democrates go for the throat....and are unable to see, that both sides are corrupt...oh, they may be republicans b/c they're parents were, but there is nothing more dangerous then an extremist....my brother in law is one, and it doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on, an extremist, will not only back his party, but also, never be able to admit his party is corrupt, and will back it to the death?

If you think about it, think about how many millions, trillions of people have been killed due to religious politics...and when it comes down to it, obviously, how simple, how utterly ridiculous and silly it all is...again, all b/c of a lack of education.

Look at how many women were burned at the stake and called witches, b/c they had an opinion or were out spoken?????? How are we any different?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and how many millions of illegals, are draining this system? Receiving medical care and not paying for it? How many people come to this country to receive medical attention? I don't know the answers to my own questions...I'm just throwing it out there...and, also, aren't there more people living in this country then those other countries? I'm not saying your wrong, but perhaps these statistics are? Or not?
No, the statistics are not wrong. Sorry.

America spends around 2 400 billion on health care each year. If the system was as efficient as the average First World system, it'd be costing about 1 200 billion less. For comparisons, the entire military budget of the USA, not counting Iraq/Afghanistan is 400 billion. That is 3x the military budgets being wasted each year.

That much money does not vanish without anyone noticing. Economists from the branch of economics known as Health Care Economics have kept track.
You can find similar numbers anywhere if you google for "USA health care expenses" or similar.

As for the rest...
Quote:
and how many millions of illegals, are draining this system?
Out of those countries, Japan, Australia, Norway, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Canada, or Switzerland, USA has less immigrants than six of those 8.

Quote:
How many people come to this country to receive medical attention?
80 000 each year. Between 1 000 000 and 1 500 000 leave the country for medical attention each year. It is one of histroys most brutal humiliations of a countrys system by citizens voting with their feet.

Quote:
also, aren't there more people living in this country then those other countries?
Yes. Notice that the numbers are in % of GDP, so that actually makes it worse for the USA, as its GDP per person is bigger than most of those coutries. Also, if the system worked, economics of scale is working in the favor of the USA. And the US is still dead last.

(If you want the numbers on a per citizen base, it is USA 7200 $, second worst, 4500 )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections