Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Don't defend that evil scumbag. His first sentence talks about "the country", but if you read the rest, you will see it's an attack on a group of individuals.
You are over the top. That group I was talking to are the poor and middle class who allow or help the people yelling yeah and applauding for someone to die. I'm not evil or a scumbag. Ill just stop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Thankfully none of those at the debate will be running the nation after 2012, making statements such as were made will ensure that. This seems to be a common problem with right-wing candidates, they just cannot seem to control the words that come out of their mouth and our words echo how we truely feel inside. Those words will come back to haunt them, the Democrats will make sure no one forgets the stupidity that continues to be uttered be the right-wing candiates, the vast Majority of Voters will appauled. Jeeez, for a while there I was hopeful that Paul would give me an alternative choice in 2012, I am seriously rethinking that thought now, as will many other Independent voters. The GOP has totally lost their way and are now being taken over by radicals or those that pander to them, the American People do not tolerate radicals for long.
Casper

Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
You're right. But most of the folks that shriek about lack of health insurance have those cell phones, cable, etc.
Provide some documentation.

Quote:
I was in his place. I didn't have health insurance at 21. I was almost 26 before I had a job that offered it. Considering very few 21 year olds need major medical, it worked out OK.

Yea, I know. Someone will say "but what if you'd been in a accident, etc.". If I'd been that worried, I'd have found way to pay for it. I managed to drive a car, take vacations and pay for entertainment.
An accident? Depends on the accident. If you received a severe head injury, you would have been totally disabled. Of course, then you could go on Medicaid! Seriously, most people could probably afford to pay for a broken leg, something like that. But just b/c you are at "low risk", that doesn't mean "no risk", something a lot of 20somethings, especially males, do not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
exactly..they are MORE THAN WILLING to pay a monthly bill of 100,200,300 fro cable, cellphones, a NEW IPHONE, car paymenbt...etc...but when it comes to paying a doctors bill, they want SOMEONE ELSE to pay it for them
Document please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't know a church or even multitude of churches that can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for expensive drugs (chemo,etc), physical therapy, treatment for chronic diseases, etc., etc., etc.........
Exactly! What a church might do is give you a ride to the doctor's office, pay for one prescription, something like that.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die
No they didnt.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, and your the perfect example of why last night in the tea party debate you heard people cheering when they thought he said, "society should allow uninsured to die". Very sad...very sad....that some people feel this way...or that some people feel if you disagree with them, it's an insult....I'm very serious when I say this...we as a society have not progressed, we've regressed, and quit frankly when you see someone retaliate in a cruel way on this forum, you gotta seriously feel sorry for them, b/c they don't understand, they don't know any better and they are incredibly lacking confidence and knowledge....when someone has to resort to insults and being mean to others, it's because they don't have anything else to contribute to the conversation....and it all comes down to a lack of education/knowledge and staying informed. Most people do not know what is really going on in this country, b/c they fear knowing.

Yet, knowlege is power, and could once again, bring us back to working together as a strong nation, but there are those in this country that do not want that....what is really awfully ridiculous, is how republicans and democrates go for the throat....and are unable to see, that both sides are corrupt...oh, they may be republicans b/c they're parents were, but there is nothing more dangerous then an extremist....my brother in law is one, and it doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on, an extremist, will not only back his party, but also, never be able to admit his party is corrupt, and will back it to the death?

If you think about it, think about how many millions, trillions of people have been killed due to religious politics...and when it comes down to it, obviously, how simple, how utterly ridiculous and silly it all is...again, all b/c of a lack of education.

Look at how many women were burned at the stake and called witches, b/c they had an opinion or were out spoken?????? How are we any different?
Excellent Post
Casper

Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
These:

are excuses. There's no reason to cheer the idea of letting people die. None whatsover. Zip. Nada. Nyet.

Problem for you is....Ron Paul didn't suggest that and that isn't why the croud applauded.

Paul said without all the govt involvement, prices would go down, people would have more money in their pockets, and communities would come together to help each other out.

You may not see that in liberal lala land but where I'm from people help each other.

Look at Katrina and see how giving people are. People help their neighbors in time of need. Get the govt out and let the hearts of people take over.

When govt gives the false impression that they will take care of you it gives the equally false impression that private individuals don't need to help.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thankfully none of those at the debate will be running the nation after 2012, making statements such as were made will ensure that. This seems to be a common problem with right-wing candidates, they just cannot seem to control the words that come out of their mouth and our words echo how we truely feel inside. Those words will come back to haunt them, the Democrats will make sure no one forgets the stupidity that continues to be uttered be the right-wing candiates, the vast Majority of Voters will appauled. Jeeez, for a while there I was hopeful that Paul would give me an alternative choice in 2012, I am seriously rethinking that thought now, as will many other Independent voters. The GOP has totally lost their way and are now being taken over by radicals or those that pander to them, the American People do not tolerate radicals for long.
Casper
Fail, none of the candidates said the uninsured should die.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Fail, none of the candidates said the uninsured should die.
The crowd sure did.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Provide some documentation.

An accident? Depends on the accident. If you received a severe head injury, you would have been totally disabled. Of course, then you could go on Medicaid! Seriously, most people could probably afford to pay for a broken leg, something like that. But just b/c you are at "low risk", that doesn't mean "no risk", something a lot of 20somethings, especially males, do not understand.

Document please.

Exactly! What a church might do is give you a ride to the doctor's office, pay for one prescription, something like that.
I cannot believe after all these people came in and said, Paul was referring to a story he knew, a culture he knew a long long time ago...he didn't mean that churches today, should finance the medical bills of others....and after all these people have taken they're time to explain that to you, your still harping on that?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
oh good grief! Obama said an old woman in need of a pacemaker should just take vicodin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections