Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
dosen't this dictate to you that somewhere along the line, most people who are running are simply not qualifed, all they are, are puppets?
I know Perry is a puppet, I had hoped Paul would be different, I am begining to have some doubts there. Puppets strings are easy to spot, study their past actions or suggestions for the future and see who REALLY benefits the most by those actions or suggestions, if it is not the People you have a Puppet.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM

18,665 posts, read 20,038,768 times
What it boils down to Grim is while our founders wisely thought "We, The People", todays generations thing solely as "I, the person". Which is the reason were we to face a WWII today, we'd lose. The present Americans, by and large, are amoral. Money is their only God.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,827,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Get the govt out of it and prices will fall. When they can't get people to pay those prices they will lower the price. Get it?
How does that mesh with observable reality? Do the countries with effective health care systems have less government involvement?

What does conventional economic theory say?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 AM

29,023 posts, read 30,466,282 times
I have learned from past experience, if I'm going to help someone out, I'm certainly going to do my homework.

First, I'd much rather give money to a local who has lost his/her home in a flood, the news media always gives addresses which you can send money to...

because I worked for some of those so called, systems, like red cross, united way...I've seen how they operate, and how corrupt they can be...so I will never, ever, give my money to them....

but what I will do, is, if a family is in need, I will send money, will support my local fire company and ambulance, library, ladies aux....etc...all local.
If there is a family on TV whose child is in need of an operation, and they need money, fine...if in fact, someone's wheel chair has gotten stolen, and they need another fine...however....

I will not turn my back on someone who is in need or he/she dies....no way....that is simply wrong....

and I'm not saying we need to support all those who refuse insurance...

what I'm saying, is, I think those who clapped and said, yeah, let him die...are sick to death of all those in this America, welching off the people's taxes instead of contributing...and it's made them mean, and hard hearted, but given a choice, I would be willing to bet, more then half of those people would give and help if in fact someone was dying...they're just simply disgusted with the way Washington has run this country for the past 50 years....

Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,770,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The nice thing about this country is that you are free to MOVE.

However, if you remember, the republicans wanted to allow you to buy insurance accross state lines. Hummmm, novel idea.
Yes, and those without resources definitely have the wherewithal to do so.................

BTW, I agree with the idea of being able to buy insurance across state lines, but there would have to be a lot of change made in the system for that to fly..........

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM

cremebrulee, I doubt any TP there on 9/12 would help a single person in their entire lives. Ironic that this took place one day after the 10th anniversery, and I'm not sure the crowd was any less irrational than the jihadists of 2001.

There is no excusing either their actions or their lack of character.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,878,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I know Perry is a puppet, I had hoped Paul would be different, I am begining to have some doubts there. Puppets strings are easy to spot, study their past actions or suggestions for the future and see who REALLY benefits the most by those actions or suggestions, if it is not the People you have a Puppet.
Casper

You are quite right.

Have you figured out who pulls Obama's strings yet? It's pretty obvious to most of us. Taxpayer money creates jobs in OTHER countries...does that help? Saving jobs for firefighters, cops, and teachers, that already HAVE jobs, and calling it a jobs bill???? Pretty obvious there too.

Pretty easy to see who benefits. Well to most of us anyway. And it isn't MOST of us that benefit....UNIONS and IMMELT

It will be interesting to see what happened to the Solyndra money.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,878,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then He AND You are living in a fantasy world that never has, nor will it ever in our lifetime, exist. Our own history has shown what happens when we just leave it to people to deal with social issues and to the charity of our fellow citizens, that is why the system changed. I see posts here Today by righties that are so caring they actually enjoy it when others they disagree with get hurt and you speak of trusting in their compassion to deal with social issues, no thanks, I, and America, will pass on such naive thinking.
FYI: if you truely believe in taking responsibility for your own lot in life, no matter the circumstances, you will not bother any private charity or church if things go downhill for you or yours, you will either survive or not, after all it is all about survival of the fittest, right
Casper

I guess you didn't try to help in times like Katrina, the earthquakes and tsunamis in the recent past or even cancer or muscular dystrophy. I wonder who it is that gives all that money???? Hummmmm

You can call on others to pay more taxes but it sure doesn't sound like you understand the concept of giving from the heart.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 PM

995 posts, read 1,120,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Sadly, I am reminded of my reading of Germany during Hitler's ascent to power. If we let the Republicans -- who are behind the TPs, and not really who the Republicans once were, take office we could very well have forced labor camps in America in my life time.

At least it eliminates the need for that nasty "Obama-care" that so many appear to revile. (God forbid our "Religious Right" should practice their Christian commandments to "Love our brothers as we love ourselves.")

Funny how if you label something or someone evil with enough advertising and repetition, there are those of us that believe it.

I pray for sanity, peace, and love in our hearts to overcome this madness. I keep in mind "Father, forgive them for they know not...."
Came upon this quote in a post on another site and thought it fit here perfectly.

"Of all the creatures that were made, man is the most detestable. Of the entire brood he is the only one--the solitary one--that possesses malice. That is the basest of all instincts, passions, vices--the most hateful. He is the only creature that has pain for sport, knowing it to be pain." - Mark Twain

The TP is ruining the Republican party, and well on their way to ruining our country and political system in the process.

WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO WAKE UP? This is not business-as-usual in politics. These people are scary. I refuse to let America become some third-world theocratic nation, where cheering crowds would condemn someone just for being ill or poor.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:09 PM

AnneWest, I saw a TP rally near here from less than 100 yards away. Peaceful, not hateful, logical. That was before they got coverage, and with the coverage, I do think its worst elements have become its power brokers, and its face. Bush won over 1 in 3 Hispanic votes; he was all about the big tent. While I found his governing ineffective, I wish I could spot those characteristics in anyone in this field, but I can't. When did fiscal sanity become viewed as impossible w/o the blind hatred on display last night? Its as if these terrorists only view them as a package, and quite frankly, they enjoy the hate part more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections