Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,314,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Don't worry, any moment now a conservative is going to explain how this attitude makes us the greatest country on Earth.
No any moment now one of the brain-dead tea bagger/talk-radiots will come on here and say how this is just more propaganda from the liberal media
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,999,629 times
The audience, not Ron Paul, is the issue.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 PM

995 posts, read 1,117,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I don't know any human being who would cheer the death of a comatose patient. It's telling that liberals here are quick to believe the absolute worst of the TP/GOP

What exactly do we know about the audience in attendance anyway? Did the TV show them? How many were average Americans and how many were plants? No, I'm not talking about the Plantae kind.
I think there are so many people who are wandering around the country with red, white, and blue stars in their eyes. They simply can't/won't believe that yes, Americans representing this quaint, supposedly patriotic, flag-waving Tea Party would do something like this.

Here's the video:

Video- CNN Debate: Tea Party Crowd Cheers Letting Uninsured Die | The Political Carnival

Old 09-13-2011, 12:56 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,999,629 times
"What exactly do we know about the audience in attendance anyway?"

Let him die said all we need to know. Not complex at all.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I don't know any human being who would cheer the death of a comatose patient. It's telling that liberals here are quick to believe the absolute worst of the TP/GOP

What exactly do we know about the audience in attendance anyway? Did the TV show them? How many were average Americans and how many were plants? No, I'm not talking about the Plantae kind.
I'm not a liberal...but I believe 1000% that the tea bagged/talk-radiot crowd really would cheer that idea.

Because in their eyes, from all the vicious, nasty us vs. them vitriol they've been brainwashed with, 24x7x365, from their talk-radio/Faux News heros...They truely believe in their mind that it is 100% that persons fault for not having insurance. They have insurance because they work hard, want tax cuts for the rich, love jesus, and drive SUVs, anyone who doesn't have insurance doesn't have it because they are low-life degenerates who don't work hard, don't believe in jesus or tax cuts, and are deadbeats just trying to sponge off of everyone else, and worse of all the dying person is probably a liberal.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The audience, not Ron Paul, is the issue.
Agreed...Ron Paul in no way was agreeing with this. It was the tea-bagged freaks in the crowd who went nuts because they thought this was where Paul was going to go with his story.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,253,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I'll tell you this, I have a very close friend, who is a church secretary...she works 3 days a week and mostly more...when they are having anything at the church, she goes and unlocks the doors, and it's not right next to where she lives, it's at least 6 - 10 miles or more. If they are having a fund raiser, she not only works it, but, she contributes anywhere from 5 - 8 home baked pies, she's there for them all the time. It's her culture, she was raised that way and unable to say "no". They know that and take advantage of her.

Her husband died, she's actually just surviving on her Social Security and her life savings....do you know, that so called Christain church has the nerve to pay her only $100.00 a week. Now, mind you, she never complains...never, she feels it's her personal agreement with her and her God, but they, take advantage of that...big time...the woman puts in over 40 hours a week...how dare they? They should be ashamed of themselves, and she is not a young woman, she's almost 80. But she will never ask them for more...she runs, runs, runs, and has diabetis, has battled cancer, and they have the nerve to stand by and let her do all these things?????? And the minister and his wife, are suposidly very close to her????? Yet, have they ever said to her, you need to stay home and rest, and take some "me" days for yourself, and we're going to give you a 25.00 raise...no, they simply take advantage of her, and it's going to kill her one day, and when it does, believe me, they will get an ear full from me...not to mention...they will never be able to replace her....

so, with higher expenses in this day and age, churches could never afford to pay the medical bills of those who refuse to get insurance...they'd go broke and shribble up...they might be able to help a little, but I hardly believe they would pay for any medical expenses, they'd most likely have fund raisers and give as much as they could...and Ron Paul knows that, again, he did not mean it the way you took it...you took his words way out of context....

He was telling a story...lets see you get up on a soap box and have many questions thrown at you, and see if you come out smelling like a rose...your probably going to say something out of nervousness, that will be taken out of context....in other words, someone is not going to understand the meaning of your words...he is a human being, just like you...and all he was saying was..."back in my day, the church contributed and helped"....he didn't mean, that's how it should be done today....
Such a telling story. I would be telling those 'christians' to stick it where the sun never shine. This woman is near 80? Disgusting.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 PM

28,971 posts, read 30,343,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I'm not a liberal...but I believe 1000% that the tea bagged/talk-radiot crowd really would cheer that idea.

Because in their eyes, from all the vicious, nasty us vs. them vitriol they've been brainwashed with, 24x7x365, from their talk-radio/Faux News heros...They truely believe in their mind that it is 100% that persons fault for not having insurance. They have insurance because they work hard, want tax cuts for the rich, love jesus, and drive SUVs, anyone who doesn't have insurance doesn't have it because they are low-life degenerates who don't work hard, don't believe in jesus or tax cuts, and are deadbeats just trying to sponge off of everyone else, and worse of all the dying person is probably a liberal.
I understand what your saying, I do, however, why is it, that they refuse to believe that they're party is just as corrupt...? It's not one sided, and it never is....why is it so hard for each party to realize just how corrupt each party is? There is good and bad in everything, but it's not all liberals, and it's not all republicans...both sides are corrupt...period...why is that so hard to comprehend....and what's scarey is, that a whole lot of people actually believe, they're parties are on the up and up???????? And GA is Great, not all tea baggers are bad people...or idiots, there is good and bad in EVERYTHING!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,476,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Agreed...Ron Paul in no way was agreeing with this. It was the tea-bagged freaks in the crowd who went nuts because they thought this was where Paul was going to go with his story.
You have no idea who it was. I say it was an Obama supporter.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I'll tell you this, I have a very close friend, who is a church secretary...she works 3 days a week and mostly more...when they are having anything at the church, she goes and unlocks the doors, and it's not right next to where she lives, it's at least 6 - 10 miles or more. If they are having a fund raiser, she not only works it, but, she contributes anywhere from 5 - 8 home baked pies, she's there for them all the time. It's her culture, she was raised that way and unable to say "no". They know that and take advantage of her.

Her husband died, she's actually just surviving on her Social Security and her life savings....do you know, that so called Christain church has the nerve to pay her only $100.00 a week. Now, mind you, she never complains...never, she feels it's her personal agreement with her and her God, but they, take advantage of that...big time...the woman puts in over 40 hours a week...how dare they? They should be ashamed of themselves, and she is not a young woman, she's almost 80. But she will never ask them for more...she runs, runs, runs, and has diabetis, has battled cancer, and they have the nerve to stand by and let her do all these things?????? And the minister and his wife, are suposidly very close to her????? Yet, have they ever said to her, you need to stay home and rest, and take some "me" days for yourself, and we're going to give you a 25.00 raise...no, they simply take advantage of her, and it's going to kill her one day, and when it does, believe me, they will get an ear full from me...not to mention...they will never be able to replace her....

so, with higher expenses in this day and age, churches could never afford to pay the medical bills of those who refuse to get insurance...they'd go broke and shribble up...they might be able to help a little, but I hardly believe they would pay for any medical expenses, they'd most likely have fund raisers and give as much as they could...and Ron Paul knows that, again, he did not mean it the way you took it...you took his words way out of context....

He was telling a story...lets see you get up on a soap box and have many questions thrown at you, and see if you come out smelling like a rose...your probably going to say something out of nervousness, that will be taken out of context....in other words, someone is not going to understand the meaning of your words...he is a human being, just like you...and all he was saying was..."back in my day, the church contributed and helped"....he didn't mean, that's how it should be done today....
Great post and I want to add to what you said that according to that great philosopher, Barack Obama, words mean something. That is very true but quite often the words people say are twisted and spun till they seem to mean something other than the original intent. I listened to the OP video over and over and just didn't hear what the OP and the author of his piece heard. Of course, we were standing in different spots around the situation and frame of reference means so very much when determining what anybody said. Some of us have spun the words of Barack Obama round and round and they sure sounded different after they were spun. Kind of like what happened here, it seems to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections