Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,314,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I understand what your saying, I do, however, why is it, that they refuse to believe that they're party is just as corrupt...? It's not one sided, and it never is....why is it so hard for each party to realize just how corrupt each party is? There is good and bad in everything, but it's not all liberals, and it's not all republicans...both sides are corrupt...period...why is that so hard to comprehend....and what's scarey is, that a whole lot of people actually believe, they're parties are on the up and up???????? And GA is Great, not all tea baggers are bad people...or idiots, there is good and bad in EVERYTHING!
I agree 100%. Both parties are failures. What really gets me about the tea party people is just how phony, disgenuine, and hypocritical they are. Most of these people are the same 18% who were still supportive of Bush till the very end. Yet they are foaming at the mouth all of the sudden as if everything was great until Obama became President.

They are either full of it, or really just so gullible and willing to be brainwashed, that they truely believe what is being spoon fed to them by the right-wing talk radio and Faux News propaganda machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,302,882 times
I can agree with letting a man live with the consequences of his decisions to not buy health insurance, but the crowds' knee jerk reaction to cheer proudly at the idea was utterly disgusting to me. I wonder how many of those sociopaths cheering actually consider themselves Christian?

As a moderate conservative, if the Republican party continues to panders to these extremist hypocrites (what would you do if it was YOUR son who chose not to buy health insurance? would you be cheering his death then?), I hope the Democrats and everyone who is running against a Tea Party favorite shows that clip of the crowd cheering as many times as they can so the Republican party will finally wake up and distance themselves from these dangerous, hate-filled, fools.

Last edited by GWhopper; 09-13-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 PM

63 posts, read 57,966 times
The left is spinning so fast and furious right now- they run the risk of tipping over.
Everything repeated by them is out of context.
I fear for their sanity going about in such a state of mind. Spinning-Out of Context-Spinning-Out of Context-Spinning-Out of Context.
Do I see a pattern here?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,203,642 times
Much of this debate should also include that Americans* have little regard for human life. So what's a few deaths anyway?

*yes, there are exceptions.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,553,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't know a church or even multitude of churches that can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for expensive drugs (chemo,etc), physical therapy, treatment for chronic diseases, etc., etc., etc.........
I go to a wonderful, small town Unitarian church. We do a LOT of charitable work in the community, and help our neighbors out in times of trouble.

But there is a HUGE difference between showing up with a casserole when someone is sick and ponying up thousands to keep a congregant's medicine's refilled, or pay their surgery costs after an accident.

My sense is that anyone that thinks "churches" will just step up and pay for someone's crippling medical bills hasn't been involved with a Church's board or finances in a long, long time.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,620,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Such a telling story. I would be telling those 'christians' to stick it where the sun never shine. This woman is near 80? Disgusting.
ecovlke owe u a rep- have to wait to spread +....
The days of "churches helping" are long gone. Most baptist chapels here are bankrupt, for one.

Secondly, even Goodwill and Good Sam., they may offer food (bags of rice) for the starving, but they are cash poor. next time some1 posts that a person who is sick or has cancer should reach out to a local church, go do your research- see how "generous" they are in hard financial times. You will be in for a shock of reality.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"It's not one sided"

the let it die comment came from one side. It came from the TP crowd, and was quite audable to all. Must have made their family proud (sar).
Of course you LIBS would say it was the tea party crowd...typical LIB!!

Of course those of us smart and enlightened enough to listen to talk-radio 18hrs a day and watch Faux News the other 6hrs know that this was, once again, another elaborate conspiracy between Obama, the liberal media, the ghost of FDR, the Black Panthers, Josef Stalin, and Satan himself, to make the tea party look bad.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,996,179 times
Well said, GWhopper. This fiscal conserv feels the same way. If the moderates do not regain control from these tyrants, I'll find myself doing something I never expected..voting for Obama in 2012 for the first time. While I'm no Palin fan, I expected JM to have the toughness to throw her under the bus if needed. Not these mostly TP kiss-ups on stage 09/12.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I can agree with letting a man live with the consequences of his decisions to not buy health insurance, but the crowds' knee jerk reaction to cheer proudly at the idea was utterly disgusting to me. I wonder how many of those sociopaths cheering actually consider themselves Christian?

As a moderate conservative, if the Republican party continues to panders to these extremist hypocrites (what would you do if it was YOUR son who chose not to buy health insurance? would you be cheering his death then?), I hope the Democrats and everyone who is running against a Tea Party favorite shows that clip of the crowd cheering as many times as they can so the Republican party will finally wake up and distance themselves from dangerous, hate-filled, fools.
AMEN AMEN AMEN...I'm also a moderate conservative, but have been forced to, not just walk but, run as fast as possible away from the present-day Republican party. Like a virus, talk-radio has spread and ruined the party. First was talk-radio, then came Faux News, now its the tea-party. As much as I have no faith in the democrats, the direction the Republicans want to take us actually scares me.

And the party has gotten here because of the veonm spewing uber-rich pigs on talk-radio that have brought us here. The more bombs they throw the more books they sell, the more money in the bank for themselves. They saw whom they could pray on (the tea-party, rural, lower-middle/poor class white Americans, the wannabe rich suburban religious phonies) and have done a brilliant job brainwashing them.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,302,882 times
If this was Ancient Rome, the Tea Partiers would be cheering for the lions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections