Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You said that so very well and what you said is just what I think about what you progs have been squealing about all this time.
This person is a conservative. I know that is hard for the tea party to swallow but actual conservatives not ran crazy by Obama hate are speaking up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I watched the video and I think this is more liberal media overreaction, looking to stir up a storm in a teacup. One or two hooligans yell out "Yeah!" in answer to the question "Do we just let him die?" and somehow these audience trolls are representative of the entire Tea Party? Sorry, I don't buy it.

More telling is how the majority clapped when Paul said, "We never turned anybody away from the hospital." [whether they had health insurance or not] But of course, that doesn't make for interesting anti-TP propaganda headlines on the Huffington Post, does it?

Try, try again, libbies.
Of course...tea-tard/talk-radiot...Its the medias fault...rinse and repeat. You people are sorry as can be..

Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You're not a liberal, yet you repeat every liberal talking point after making that announcement.

I'd say you're either confused or not too bright.
You think its a talking point because thats what your talk-radiot overlords tell you...Everything said in opposition to what they tell the tea-tards and talk-radiot heads to believe is a 'liberal media conspiracy talking-point'.

Actually they are not talking points at all....Just common sense to those of us who still have it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:36 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times
The cheering no doubt will air thousands of times on 2012 commercials, as it should. Full exposure, baby.

Air, baby, air!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Basic Republican philosophy. Life is sacred as long as it's in the womb. Once you're out you can drop dead.
ROFLMAO...Sad but true!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The cheering no doubt will air thousands of times on 2012 commercials, as it should. Full exposure, baby.

Air, baby, air!
Yeah AIR BABY AIR!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times
"This person is a conservative. I know that is hard for the tea party to swallow but actual conservatives not ran crazy by Obama hate are speaking up now."

Correct, and that is because those of us pre TP maintain values and standards of decency, which this breached beyond repair. The TP's quite frankly are riding on the coattails of the actual conservatives who espoused that philosophy long before them, and who will do so long after them.
W/O pretending to be true to the GOP, they would be a short-term blip, like Perot's followers.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"This person is a conservative. I know that is hard for the tea party to swallow but actual conservatives not ran crazy by Obama hate are speaking up now."

Correct, and that is because those of us pre TP maintain values and standards of decency, which this breached beyond repair. The TP's quite frankly are riding on the coattails of the actual conservatives who espoused that philosophy long before them, and who will do so long after them.
W/O pretending to be true to the GOP, they would be a short-term blip, like Perot's followers.
I am a democrat and Obama money sending supporter. Talk radio and the tea party back in 2009 turned me hard against republicans. I voted for a republican Governor twice. I voted for Lindsay Graham twice. Never again. I started posting on this sight because of the awful far out things right wing radio and the tea party would say. get rid of them and allot more can get accomplished that all of us can agree on.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:37 PM

121 posts, read 299,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die
I'm a conservative and I vote Republican but that is stupid what Ron Paul said and then those radical fools in the audience cheering it on. Some people just over-do it, take it too far. The radical vocal liberals are just as bad. Paul won't get my vote.

And I believe people are responsible for themselves, I hate paying taxes and supporting lazy people on welfare, some people do NEED it but most can get a 2nd job or just get a job.

And not everyone can afford. 2-3 hundred dollars for med. Insurance. That's outrageous, we gotta live and pay bills and for someone who makes good money, that's still too much, I would like to keep more of my money.

Last edited by Big time bro; 09-13-2011 at 03:58 PM..

Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I have learned from past experience, if I'm going to help someone out, I'm certainly going to do my homework.

First, I'd much rather give money to a local who has lost his/her home in a flood, the news media always gives addresses which you can send money to...

because I worked for some of those so called, systems, like red cross, united way...I've seen how they operate, and how corrupt they can be...so I will never, ever, give my money to them....

but what I will do, is, if a family is in need, I will send money, will support my local fire company and ambulance, library, ladies aux....etc...all local.
If there is a family on TV whose child is in need of an operation, and they need money, fine...if in fact, someone's wheel chair has gotten stolen, and they need another fine...however....

I will not turn my back on someone who is in need or he/she dies....no way....that is simply wrong....

and I'm not saying we need to support all those who refuse insurance...

what I'm saying, is, I think those who clapped and said, yeah, let him die...are sick to death of all those in this America, welching off the people's taxes instead of contributing...and it's made them mean, and hard hearted, but given a choice, I would be willing to bet, more then half of those people would give and help if in fact someone was dying...they're just simply disgusted with the way Washington has run this country for the past 50 years....
Well, it is wonderful that you're doing what your'e doing fot help. However, should people have to rely on smaltzy TV ads, etc to get the help they need?

And I will reiterate, there is NO EXCUSE whatsoever for cheering at the thought of someone dying w/o health insurance. For those of you who say, "what about those who deliberately choose not to have it?", keep in mind there are some RWs on this forum who have acknowledged that they have BTDT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections