Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 04:11 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,551,939 times

Advertisements

Wait, are you guys actually trying to convince me that the crowd at the Tea Party Debate, hosted and run by the Tea Party, ISN'T a group of Tea Partier's?

Really?!? Pah-leeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,987,405 times
Sporin, The question at this stage is whether the 9/12 group is even human.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:24 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Wait, are you guys actually trying to convince me that the crowd at the Tea Party Debate, hosted and run by the Tea Party, ISN'T a group of Tea Partier's?

Really?!? Pah-leeze.
They never are the tea party. Just plants and what ever. Never tea party members at tea party events.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ron Paul knows that, again, he did not mean it the way you took it...you took his words way out of context....

He was telling a story...lets see you get up on a soap box and have many questions thrown at you, and see if you come out smelling like a rose...your probably going to say something out of nervousness, that will be taken out of context....in other words, someone is not going to understand the meaning of your words...he is a human being, just like you...and all he was saying was..."back in my day, the church contributed and helped"....he didn't mean, that's how it should be done today....
Well, well, well. . . For people who make a huge deal out of every gaffe ever uttered by a Democratic pol (57 states, anyone?) you guys are uncharacteristically forgiving of Ron Paul.

I am not running for pres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
There are private hospitals and charities that pay for medical treatment. Didn't you see the movie "Patch Adams"?
I saw it, but I don't get my facts from movies made for entertainment starring cocaine addicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I can agree with letting a man live with the consequences of his decisions to not buy health insurance, but the crowds' knee jerk reaction to cheer proudly at the idea was utterly disgusting to me. I wonder how many of those sociopaths cheering actually consider themselves Christian?

As a moderate conservative, if the Republican party continues to panders to these extremist hypocrites (what would you do if it was YOUR son who chose not to buy health insurance? would you be cheering his death then?), I hope the Democrats and everyone who is running against a Tea Party favorite shows that clip of the crowd cheering as many times as they can so the Republican party will finally wake up and distance themselves from these dangerous, hate-filled, fools.
I agree with the first paragraph completely. I am not a moderate conservative; I'm more of a moderate Democrat, but this Republican Party is not my father's Republican Party.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,029 times
What was really eye-opening was how the crowd turned against Ron Paul when he told them that the reason Al-quada attacked us was due to our bases in Saudi and our relentless support of Isreal. This was clearly not a truth they wanted to hear, since it conflicted with the talking-points spoon fed them by Beck, Rush, and the others making big bucks of their ignorance and need to hate.

I actually felt sorry for Ron Paul, whom I really like. He had a look on his face that said, "I can't believe I helped to create this movement, look what uncontrollable monsters they've become."

Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
What was really eye-opening was how the crowd turned against Ron Paul when he told them that the reason Al-quada attacked us was due to our bases in Saudi and our relentless support of Isreal. This was clearly not a truth they wanted to hear, since it conflicted with the talking-points spoon fed them by Beck, Rush, and the others making big bucks of their ignorance and need to hate.

I actually felt sorry for Ron Paul, whom I really like. He had a look on his face that said, "I can't believe I helped to create this movement, look what uncontrollable monsters they've become."
Yeah I seen that too. They really beat up Paul. Their supposed founder as I keep hearing.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Why not ask the individuals who do not insure themselves if they would let themselves die?

Why am I the bad guy?

As Ron Paul stated, freedom means making choices for yourself.

My life and the lives of my family are important enough for me to insure them.

Why am I expected to insure others as well?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why not ask the individuals who do not insure themselves if they would let themselves die?

Why am I the bad guy?

So the tea party should be truthful and just say that. They should say go ahead and die. That is what they were cheering for.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So the tea party should be truthful and just say that. They should say go ahead and die. That is what they were cheering for.
People who do not insure themselves and their family are playing with fire.

Personal responsibility is part of living in a free society.

I pray that they don't get sick, but why should we responsible people take on their bills?

If you feel that that is mean, so be it. You pay for them.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Why am I the bad guy?

I am not disagreeing with the idea, I am just taking issue with the blood thirsty response from the Tea Party crowd in attendance. I wonder how they would feel if their own child, when they turn 30, made the same decision and then contracted a fatal illness that could be cured if only they could afford the treatment? A person's death diminishes as all, a person who finds themselves in this kind of situation deserves our compassion, or at least our pity. Not our cheering for his death as if it were well-deserved. This action by the crowd at the debate showed the Tea Party is turning into a blood thirsty and decidedly unChristian mob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections